What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sorry for my lack of posts and responses...crazy semester and students.

Ok, now for some numbers:

21.25 miles this morning.
20.77 miles yesterday.
20.25 miles on Wednesday.
19+ on Tuesday.
19.11 on Monday (I think. My log isn't in front of me right now).
26+ tomorrow morning...

Still having some stomache/nausea issues. My quads are a little sore, and my knees are taking a beating. Muscle knots in my back, sore neck, sore lower back, fatigue...but at least no new blisters!

I hope everyone is doing well...Joel, picking up some speed as of late???

Beer now? Nope...gin. Cheers folks.
*I never pushed "Submit Reply" on this Friday*

Nice numbers and totals Nick!

Yes, I actually am and Im excited about that. in upper 80's weather last week, I did 4 miles at a good 8:15 pace without really "pushing". Id say in cold weather, that would be about a 7:15 pace over 4 not pushing super hard.

Very encouraging.

Nice. I'll be going 8 miles tomorrow on a less hilly course. The consistent pace I'm supposed to keep is 9:52. I'm sure the cool weather will be a great boost. So far I've stayed strictly on my 5K training plan and I'm feeling strong.
*I never pushed "Submit Reply" on this Friday*

A 5K training plan has you doing 8 miles. WOW.

Good luck in the morning. Man, I hope that cool weather comes in for you. It was fabulous this am. Related to Nick's question, I wanted to fly this morning over 8 miles even with the hills, but I have to run my long runs slower. I learned my lesson on my first Full. I wasnt staying out on the road long enough for my long run.

Have a great run Jill.

joel_maxwell

3.60 miles at Ruffner Mtn. It was AWESOME! Got there about 7am, 63 degrees and in that canopy, it was super cool. I think my training has been perfect for this event coming up. This was just a teaser of the full 21K, but I wanted to get out there. Once there, I thought Id snap a few photos since it was so pretty. I took my phone for safety in the event of injury or snake bite etc.

443 vertical feet climbed, 1000ish ascended.
10:03 pace.

This is the pavilion
IMG_0752.JPG

Quarry Trail.... yes please.
IMG_0750.JPG

And away we go. This was actually the widest the trail ever got.
IMG_0753.JPG

This is some of the sites on the trail. This is the top of the quarry.
IMG_0756.JPG

Thanks Ruffner Mtn for a great morning.
IMG_0761.JPG

Hope everyone had a great weekend of running.

JillC LI

I completed the Warrior Dash with other officers from my department.

Finished in 33:07, which I thought was pretty good, considering we did 15 obstacles in that time.

Fabulous job! Sounds like fun.

Did the Fox Valley Marathon in IL yesterday. Set a new PR by 20 mins, but still well short of trying to BQ. No matter how well the training goes I seem to crumble in the later miles at the actual race. Looks like I may need to toss that plan on the shelf and drop back down to shorter distances. Unless I can somehow pull a BQ time off for 2013 while going Goofy in January. Which I doubt.

Congrats on the PR even though I'm sure you're disappointed about not BQing. A 20 minute PR is quite an accomplishment!

nowhere near DD and some others but my healing is complete, it felt great today to do 9miles and not a bad time either 8.2 miles per hour.

Not bad at all! Glad you're feeling better.

A 5K training plan has you doing 8 miles. WOW.

Good luck in the morning. Man, I hope that cool weather comes in for you. It was fabulous this am. Related to Nick's question, I wanted to fly this morning over 8 miles even with the hills, but I have to run my long runs slower. I learned my lesson on my first Full. I wasnt staying out on the road long enough for my long run.

Have a great run Jill.

I think everyone enjoyed the weather this weekend. And to answer your question, actually the 5K training plan never calls for more than 6 miles on the weekend, but I like to keep comfortable doing 7 or 8 so I threw a few in there and figured it couldn't hurt. :D

joel_maxwell

I think everyone enjoyed the weather this weekend. And to answer your question, actually the 5K training plan never calls for more than 6 miles on the weekend, but I like to keep comfortable doing 7 or 8 so I threw a few in there and figured it couldn't hurt. :D
You know, Bad M.F. should be in your name somewhere. :D

You always bring it.

fmingo36

An easy 3 miles this afternoon. Loving the cooler weather and the joy of going for a run just to go for a run and not because I have to get "fill in the blank" miles in.

joel_maxwell

An easy 3 miles this afternoon. Loving the cooler weather and the joy of going for a run just to go for a run and not because I have to get "fill in the blank" miles in.
It has been wonderful hasnt it.

4 miles tonight pushing Isabeau in the Bob stroller. 9:45 pace. Great run.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
19.13 miles yesterday. Really enjoying the cooler weather. I even had to break out the gloves one morning.
Heading out now and I guess I need my headlamp.

Cheers.

scorp111

8 miles this morning at 9:34 per mile...

Nothing special, just a longer weekday run.

I also broke 100 miles for the month, and still have 10 days left. At the end of the month, I should be in the 140 range, which is easily my high to this point in my almost 1 year of running.

joel_maxwell

19.13 miles yesterday. Really enjoying the cooler weather. I even had to break out the gloves one morning.

Cheers.
I cant wait for glove weather.

I also broke 100 miles for the month, and still have 10 days left. At the end of the month, I should be in the 140 range, which is easily my high to this point in my almost 1 year of running.
Very nice. Keep it up!

Mr mom

Cheers.

definitely a lot less sweaty out there, I had gloves this morning for the first part of my run, I'm canadian though and not looking forward to frostbite running weather, even though my times improve dramaticly... I just don't like brutal windchill. lol

fmingo36

Way to go!

JillC LI

You know, Bad M.F. should be in your name somewhere. :D

You always bring it.

LOVE IT!!! You'd think I'd learn by now not to eat lunch while reading posts. The monitor nearly got sprayed again! :ROFLOL:

Cheers.

I haven't needed my gloves yet, but then again, I haven't run at times when a headlamp would be called for either! 50 degrees is absolutely perfect in my book.

As for me, speed work on the treadmill this morning - progressively decreasing speeds. 1 mile warmup; 200m at 8:00 followed by 200m rest interval; 400m at 8:15; 400m rest interval; 600 at 8:25; 600m rest interval; 800m at 8:35; 1 mile cooldown. Tough but not killer tough for me. Next week's speed workout is progressively increasing speeds (i.e., this in reverse).

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.13 miles this morning. Overcast, how I like it, but a little humid (87%).
I'm changing my pre-run diet because my stomache is still turning every time I set out to run. Not sure what's going on but I'll keep you all posted.
Cheers folks.

lukacseven

Ran Rock 'n Roll Philly this past Sunday. Nice Run Disney booth at the Expo - had the Annivesary 1/2 medal and the Relay medal - Both looked really nice - can't wait. Swag was only given if you registered at the Expo, not if you already registered online. Also saw Kara Goucher at the Expo - Brett Michaels performing after the race. Overall the event was well organized, but the course has alot to be desired - ran the same Schuylkill River loop that almost all Philly races do. Course entertainment was weak - it's been better at the other races that don;t promote themselves as such.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.75 miles this morning before I have to teach.
Knee braces, ankle braces and duct tape holding my poor legs together.
I eased up on the jelly that I normally spackle my toast with in the morning, and that seemed to keep my stomach issues at bay.
Side note: NJ Trail series is changing locations for the ultra in March...

Cheers folks.

JillC LI

I want "Jules" wallet from Pulp Fiction, although, if ever called out on it, my fake Kung Fu wouldnt go very far to back the claim. :p

Uh oh, our similar taste in movies ends here. I never see violent movies and don't know the reference from Pulp Fiction as I've never seen it. :veryconfu Sorry.

Ran Rock 'n Roll Philly this past Sunday. Nice Run Disney booth at the Expo - had the Annivesary 1/2 medal and the Relay medal - Both looked really nice - can't wait. Swag was only given if you registered at the Expo, not if you already registered online. Also saw Kara Goucher at the Expo - Brett Michaels performing after the race. Overall the event was well organized, but the course has alot to be desired - ran the same Schuylkill River loop that almost all Philly races do. Course entertainment was weak - it's been better at the other races that don;t promote themselves as such.

Congrats on the race! Thanks for the Disney report :)

Duct tape?!?!

As for me, stationary bike tonight after I get home from Back To School Night for my son.

joel_maxwell

Ah, the best time to run.
Yes it is Nick. I catch myself looking at the stars and moon to much though. I swear Im going to step in a pot hole one day.

I eased up on the jelly that I normally spackle my toast with in the morning, and that seemed to keep my stomach issues at bay.
Side note: NJ Trail series is changing locations for the ultra in March...

Cheers folks.
Good lord, it has come to this. ;)

Uh oh, our similar taste in movies ends here. I never see violent movies and don't know the reference from Pulp Fiction as I've never seen it. :veryconfu Sorry.
That is cool. I watch all kinds of movies.

His leather wallet had stamped into it BMF. It gets stolen from him in a restaurant and when he asks for it back (which he ends up getting), he tells the guy who stole it to get the wallet that says Bad MF on it. Really great scene in a Quentin Tarantino film.

Happy running everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom