What did you do?

fmingo36

:lol:

Since you are ok... Ill laugh now. I would have faked like I passed out.

I should have done that!
I think I kinda stumbled and then bent down and "tied my shoe" so i didn't have to make eye contact with anyone. The funny thing is no one came over to me to make sure I was OK. After my embaressement went away a bit I did get back on the treadmill and kept running a few more miles.

Honestly I probably would have laughed my a$$ off if I saw somebody else do it.

Texas84

I dare someone to start a "Have you lost a toenail?" thread! :D

Haven't had that problem running but when I played high school and college soccer my left foot was big toenail-less the entire season. :hurl:

scorp111

5 miles at 9:04 per mile this morning... I will take it.

Stickier than normal this morning, against a backdrop of Thunder. Didn't get up as early and didn't go out until 0645. A good 5 for me though, as I could have been under 9 min/per if my last mile was stronger. My full marathon plan tries to tire me on Saturday's before my longer runs on Sunday, I think this should do it =)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles at 9:04 per mile this morning... I will take it.

Stickier than normal this morning, against a backdrop of Thunder. Didn't get up as early and didn't go out until 0645. A good 5 for me though, as I could have been under 9 min/per if my last mile was stronger. My full marathon plan tries to tire me on Saturday's before my longer runs on Sunday, I think this should do it =)
NIce job Steve. I should be getting up that early and getting my Saturday mileage in, but I have been enjoying a little late night time with the Mrs. around here. Ill have to run on nap time today.... So it will be scorching hot.

Off to get some new shoes.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.51 miles this morning. Took my new set up for a test drive. The water weight is distributed much better, and my gels and other emergency items are easily accessible. After many failed attemps of sewing together various components of other pqcks and vests, I got myself a traditional European style pack/hydration system (French company that makes gear for trail ultras, UTMB, and Marathon de Sables), and added 2 MOLLE pouches to the waist belt. It works like a dream. Pics soon.

IPAs now. Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

20.51 miles this morning. Took my new set up for a test drive. The water weight is distributed much better, and my gels and other emergency items are easily accessible. After many failed attemps of sewing together various components of other pqcks and vests, I got myself a traditional European style pack/hydration system (French company that makes gear for trail ultras, UTMB, and Marathon de Sables), and added 2 MOLLE pouches to the waist belt. It works like a dream. Pics soon.

IPAs now. Cheers folks.
I cant wait to see this.

joel_maxwell

1:45 run was bad. They didnt have new size in my shoe so they ordered them. My current shoes are very worn out and not fun to run in.

101 heat index and 4 miles cut to 3. I guess Ill put my big boy pants on tomorrow and quit being a wuss. Early morning run tomorrow. Enough of this midday heat/direct sun exposure.

scorp111

A tough 9 this morning, pace was just under 11.

83 degrees with Feels like of 91 when I finished. Should have went earlier I guess. Water belt troubles in the first 1/4 mile should have been the sign that it was going to be a tough run. From mile 5 onward it just deteriorated... Mile 7 the vultures were circling overhead, literally. Too much walking in the last couple of miles.

But I finished it, and Week 2 of Marathon Training is in the books :) An ice bath afterwards sure felt good!

Texas84

2 months until F&W Half!

9.66 miles at 0730 this AM. Not very good. I think the heat was getting to me. Got chills towards the end but kept hydrated and still had a good sweat going. No pain or wobbles at all though. About to go mow the grass then hit the couch and watch the Brickyard 400.

joel_maxwell

I said a few days ago that I was going to try this trail run. It looks very challenging, but seems very popular and would be crowded. Oddly enough, this is on the other side of the city and sounds twice as hard. Im asking for punishment. I wonder if 13.1 in this terrain is equivalent to 20 miles on semi flat?

Course Description:
This race is a timed event on the undeveloped 1,011 acre Red Mountain Ridge that makes up Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve. Mined extensively in the early 1880’s, Ruffner contains unusual terrain, unique mine ruins and beautiful new growth forests, 100% naturally reclaimed when mining was abandoned in the 1960’s. Beginning and seasoned trail runners alike will find themselves challenged as they speed along single track and old dirt mining roads scaling elevation changes greater than 2800’ in the 13.1 mile loop.

:D that sounds like fun punishment

fmingo36

Started off the morning with an hour of yoga.
This afternoon I managed to get in 5 miles but I had to walk part of it. I was overheating and sweating profusely by mile 1. Unfortuantely, I forgot my wristband and the sweat kept dripping into my eyes which made for a difficult run.

diddy_mouse

Hello there! :wave: First time I've posted over on this side of the boards!

I am VERY new to the whole running/endurance scene and recently decided to train for an event. I am seriously considering the Princess Half, it would give me plenty of time to train.

Today was the kickoff for my training and I walked 2 miles in 31:30. I do hope to pick up my pace and be able to actually run. At the beginning of the year I set a small goal for myself and that was to run for ten minutes straight. Small potatoes, I know, but it was HUGE for me mostly because I am not a runner. I hit that goal but got super lazy and neglected the treadmill for a long time afterwards. But now I'm back!

scorp111

I am VERY new to the whole running/endurance scene and recently decided to train for an event. I am seriously considering the Princess Half, it would give me plenty of time to train.

Today was the kickoff for my training and I walked 2 miles in 31:30. I do hope to pick up my pace and be able to actually run. At the beginning of the year I set a small goal for myself and that was to run for ten minutes straight. Small potatoes, I know, but it was HUGE for me mostly because I am not a runner. I hit that goal but got super lazy and neglected the treadmill for a long time afterwards. But now I'm back!

Welcome! We all started sometime :)
And many of us weren't runners for a lot of our life :)

joel_maxwell

Welcome. Next thing you know, you will be running 2 miles in half that time.

Good luck and welcome to the running section. :wave:

fmingo36

Welcome!!!
I didn't start running till I saw the Big 4-0 (about 2 years ago) on the horizon and the first time I ran, I couldn't run for 3 minutes straight. This past January I completed my first full marathon. It was something that 2 years ago I would have never imagined me doing.

For me Disney was a great motivator. I really wanted to go back to Disney and I knew my husband wouldn't want to vacation there again so I neeeded another excuse to get back down there. So I convinced my best friend that we should celebrate turning 40 by running a race at Disney. (Of course my hubby couldn't say no to that-right? ;) The Princess 1/2 (March 2010) was my first race. It was a blast and I was hooked!

It's all a matter of baby step, setting those small goals and achieving them.
And remember we all have bad running days but we don't let it stop us. We just put on sneakers on the next day and keep on running!!!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Started off the morning with an hour of yoga.
This afternoon I managed to get in 5 miles but I had to walk part of it. I was overheating and sweating profusely by mile 1. Unfortuantely, I forgot my wristband and the sweat kept dripping into my eyes which made for a difficult run.

I'm sorry about the crappy run. I always wear a head-buff because of the long hair (yeah, it's black) and I never get sweat in my eyes.

I saw on FB that you're attending my Irascible B-----d Ultramarathon! Are you going to pace me the last 15 miles or just be the solo cheerleader on the boardwalk?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom