What changes were made to "Journey into Imagination with Figment" during its rehab?

MicBat

WOO WHO!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Attachments

• iwpin.jpg
    iwpin.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 110

mickeyfanatics

Actually, there were 6 of the original machines and they were all numbered with marks on their "tailpipe." I acutally asked once and they would not tell me, so we looked for differences when we rode it over and over again. Finally we saw this difference and counted each different one we saw. It came out to 6. Gosh I miss that part, what a creative idea!

mickeyfanatics

BTW, not only does Figment acti differently now, he has a different voice. He is not longer that cute lovable characted coined by Dreamfinder as "two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a loveable fellow. From head to tail he's royal purple pigment, and then eureka, you've got a Figment." Oh, do not forget the dash of childish delight.

One more thing about changing the voice. In the upcoming Jungle Book 2 movie, they have used John Goodman (who is a good actor) to replace Phil Harris as the voice of Baloo, and no offense to Goodman, but he does not even come close to the original craziness of Harris. I wish they would stop remaking classics. In the history of movies there are very few sequals that live up to their original.

General Grizz

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
BTW, not only does Figment acti differently now, he has a different voice. He is not longer that cute lovable characted coined by Dreamfinder as "two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a loveable fellow. From head to tail he's royal purple pigment, and then eureka, you've got a Figment." Oh, do not forget the dash of childish delight.

Haha; can THEY imagine too? Good point on childish delight... :cry: :( :D

I find it OK that his voice has changed; Billy Barty passed on. However, his voice in 2.0 seemed MUCH better than the current version..."you're quite clever - all of you!" Anyone remember that voice? It was very close!! I wish they could have brought her? back...

MKCustodial

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
One more thing about changing the voice. In the upcoming Jungle Book 2 movie, they have used John Goodman (who is a good actor) to replace Phil Harris as the voice of Baloo, and no offense to Goodman, but he does not even come close to the original craziness of Harris. I wish they would stop remaking classics. In the history of movies there are very few sequals that live up to their original.

That's EXACTLY one of my problems with JB 2. Why didn't they use the voice from Tailspin and House of Mouse, the guy they use on the parks. My other problem with it is that I saw the preview and read the article on DIsney Magazine, and I have searched on IMDB, and I still haven't heard a word about King Louie! :mad: I know there's the whole problem with Prima's widow, but...

I'll wait for the movie and see...

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Ed Gilbert, the person that did the voice of Baloo in "Tailspin", passed away in 1999, so they can't get him either.

Baloo never spoke on "House of Mouse". However, another one of Phil Harris's characters (O'Malley) talked on the show a couple of times and it sounded close to the original. O'Malley's HoM voice was provided by Steven Curtis Chapman, who could've done Baloo in "Jungle Book 2", but what the hey.

A correction about the King Louie issue...

I asked an inside source about it and I was told that the real reason why King Louie won't be appearing in JB 2 is because there was no place for him in the story. They DID have legal problems with the King Louie character in House of Mouse, but not with other things.

To stay on topic, I think that Dave "Gonzo" Goelz did a good job with voicing Figment.

It may not be an exact match to the original voice, but it's close enough.

And Grizzlyhall...STOP OBSESSING OVER FIGMENT'S PERSONALITY, THE PAST, ETC. AND PLEASE READ MY PAST MESSAGES FOR AN UNDERSTANDING, OKAY!:fork:

JUST FOR THAT, I HAD TO PUT ANOTHER "ANGRY FACE/PITCHFORK" IN ONE OF MY POSTS TO EXPRESS MY ANGER!

MKCustodial

Well, if there ain't no King Louie in JB 2, then I'll start obsessing about it!

WHY, OH WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

To each his own, lots of people want the old Figgy back, Phillip wants Roger back and I want Louie back.. Let's start a back petition!!! :p

BNCordeiro

I may be wrong but isn't there a copyright issue concerning King Louie? I think I remember reading (and I'm trying to find the source) that Disney has resorted to calling him something like King Lenny (as in the House of Mouse) to avoid whoever owns the name for "Louie"

MKCustodial

Originally posted by BNCordeiro
I may be wrong but isn't there a copyright issue concerning King Louie? I think I remember reading (and I'm trying to find the source) that Disney has resorted to calling him something like King Lenny (as in the House of Mouse) to avoid whoever owns the name for "Louie"

Since Louie's original voice, Louis Prima, was co-creator of the character, his widow has half the rights to the character. That's why they resorted to Louie's brother, King Larry. Somebody around here told me this story a while ago, so I don't know if it's true or not.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, if there ain't no King Louie in JB 2, then I'll start obsessing about it!

WHY, OH WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

To each his own, lots of people want the old Figgy back, Phillip wants Roger back and I want Louie back.. Let's start a back petition!!! :p

FOR THE LAST TIME...FIGMENT IS STILL THE SAME CHARACTER THAT WE GOT TO KNOW IN THE 1980'S!!!

To be honest, not as many people complain about the changes in Figment's character as you think...and more people are satisfied with the current JII ride than you think.

STOP PESTERING DISNEY OVER FIGMENT! They already listened to us! Lots demanded a Figment comeback...AND A FIGMENT COMEBACK IS WHAT WE GOT! Let's be happy for what we got from our consistent complaining over Figgy's absence and put that issue to rest.

We can still fight for Roger and Louie if we wish, but please put the Figment issue to rest.

You people don't seem to read my posts, do you?

Cliff

The the voice of the new figment is the also the guy that does the voice of "Gonzo" from the muppets....

I mean. (clear throat) The voice of Figment "today" is played by the same guy that does Gonzo from the muppets....there, that's better.

Let's face it. Version 2 had absolutly NO redeeming value whatsoever......completely worthless. Rather that start from scratch, they just found ways "insert" figment into a ride that was NEVER designed for him. The ride IS very short and has a tremendous amount of wasted space.

What more can we expect for 8 million bucks? I guess 16 million would have gotten us twice more Figment and magic.

Whatever, I'm happy. Just waiting for the big 100 million dollar Version 4.0 Figment buildout someday.

CT : - )

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by disneyphilip
FOR THE LAST TIME...FIGMENT IS STILL THE SAME CHARACTER THAT WE GOT TO KNOW IN THE 1980'S!!!
STOP PESTERING DISNEY OVER FIGMENT! You people don't seem to read my posts, do you?
Whoa. Okay... Yes, you can say Figgie is the same Figgie blah blah blah, but are you denying any changes were made to his portrayal or characterization?? If you don't deny it, then LET US HAVE OUR OPINIONS :fork: (There, a fork...) If you don't see any changes or deny that they were made to him, then open your eyes and ears next time you ride. We do read your posts. You wouldn't get the responses you do if we didn't. Thank you for your opinion Philip. Have a wonderful day.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Oh, and we're not pestering Disney...

We don't seem to be pestering anybody but you though. We're discussing changes made to a classic ride on a Disney Forum. It's not like Eisner is sitting over your shoulder reading this and getting frustrated at us! Thank you for listening to MY opinions.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MicBat
:lol: :lol:

Your jokes amuse me, Freak! :lol: :hammer:

:lol: Now you can take me with you wherever you "GO" :lol:

Look ma...I'm a toy! :sohappy:

Attachments

• imatoyfreak.jpg
    imatoyfreak.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 98

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by One Lil Spark
Whoa. Okay... Yes, you can say Figgie is the same Figgie blah blah blah, but are you denying any changes were made to his portrayal or characterization?? If you don't deny it, then LET US HAVE OUR OPINIONS :fork: (There, a fork...) If you don't see any changes or deny that they were made to him, then open your eyes and ears next time you ride. We do read your posts. You wouldn't get the responses you do if we didn't. Thank you for your opinion Philip. Have a wonderful day.

I am NOT denying that any changes were made to Figment's character. The things I said in my previous posts say so.

To tell you the truth, since the first time that I saw the new version I've seen/felt that our beloved little pal was given new personality traits and that he's certainly feistier and more mischievious than he was in the old days.

However, he DOES have at least some of his classic characteristics in him--just open your eyes and ears to that and you'll understand.

Don't focus too much on Figgy's negative traits that they added to his character, which seems to be another one of the causes of these disputes.:(

General Grizz

This all reminds me of a conversation I heard between Figment and Dreamfinder in the original attraction:

Dreamfinder: Thank you for helping us! If it weren't for you, I may have lost Figment!
Figment: (laugh) And what would you be without me, Dreamfinder?
Dreamfinder: (laughs) That's a good question!

I'll have to post it as an mp3...it is so heartwarming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom