What changes were made to "Journey into Imagination with Figment" during its rehab?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by spider-man
I do think it's better than version 2.0. But I also think they took crap and just tried to make it smell nice by spraying Figment and One little Spark Air Fresheners.:p
Do I see a smell lab experiment?? :p

DisneyPhilip --> Everyone is entitled to say how they feel. You, me, MSU, and even spidey with his air freshner comment. I'm glad you love version 3.0. Just next time, please exercise some tact when you are addressing people... It could get you some unwelcomed backlash (if you couldn't tell). Have a nice day!

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Correct me if i'm wrong.. but doesn't version 2.0 and 3.0 use much less of the building than the original did? Somewhere i read they aren't using half of the building.. Someone fill me in here...

As Angelique has confirmed, yes they are using less of the building for show space with Ver 3.0, as well as when it was Ver 2.0. Another thing that has been skimped on is the ride length...they are using less of the track from what I understand. [There was a posting to another forum about the differences between JII then and now that had a track overlay and listing of what scenes were not being used and were not redressed for the newer versions.]

I miss the original version, which was more creative and magical for me. But, I guess everyone gets their magic in one way, shape or form...

Machine

I'll make this short and sweet, I like version 3.0. Its not as good as the original but its still a ride I would definetly go back and see. There I said my peace, now please no one yell at me. :lookaroun ..... thank you

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its always a tough battle fadded memories and nostalgia versus reality and change.

Was not fussed about the original so think 2 and three are of the same level of uninspiring, pleasnt for the kids though which is the one reason that ill visit again next year.

MicBat

I think the problem with this attraction and others that have replaced older rides is that people go in expecting to hate it b/c it isn't that classic ride (or as Grizz would say, "they replaced an old family member with another person") If people would go into an attraction like this with an open mind, I'm sure they would enjoy it. I am guilty of doing this the first time I rode v2.0. I heard it sucked, so I went in thinking it was going to and ended up not liking it. I went in a second time a year later and came to like it.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Machine
I'll make this short and sweet, I like version 3.0. Its not as good as the original but its still a ride I would definetly go back and see
I think a lot of us feel the same way! Good summary. No yelling... :lol: :p

General Grizz

UNUSED SPACE:

The Turntable: It is intact, but closed off. A new track goes away from it. This has been confirmend by several Imagineers and maintence workers...

The Monsters/Drama Scene: This large scene is now used as maintence area.

The Opening/Load, and the exit ramp of the old attractions: blocked off by waiting room space

So basically, 5/6 minutes of track was taken away, basically leaving 1/2 the track...and the quality! :(

Pioneer Hall

I think the worst part about the new ride is the length...it is so short. I get on the ride and have to get off almost right away. They should hae used their space a lot better.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by MicBat
I think the problem with this attraction and others that have replaced older rides is that people go in expecting to hate it b/c it isn't that classic ride (or as Grizz would say, "they replaced an old family member with another person") If people would go into an attraction like this with an open mind, I'm sure they would enjoy it. I am guilty of doing this the first time I rode v2.0. I heard it sucked, so I went in thinking it was going to and ended up not liking it. I went in a second time a year later and came to like it.

That's a nice theory, but I truly believe if this were a new ride and had heard nothing, I would still be disappointed. There are just WAY too many cheap fillers in this 4 minute ride.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by Main Street USA
That's a nice theory, but I truly believe if this were a new ride and had heard nothing, I would still be disappointed. There are just WAY too many cheap fillers in this 4 minute ride.

Actually, the ride is around 7 minutes long.

You can keep your opinions and I'll keep mine, but those "cheap-fillers" may not be "cheap" to others.

mickeyfanatics

Honestly, there is only one thing I hate about the JII version 3.0. It is the same thing that I hated about version 2.0. It is also the same thing I have about HISTA. THAT ANNOYING BRITTISH GUY who plays Dr. Nigel Channing. He is soooooooo annoying. I also do not like the way that they misspelled Dreamfinder's name on the door "Dean Finder." They did not misspell Brainard (the black and white original is still better), Szalinsky (or however you spell it), or Channing.

General Grizz

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
The second and third versions have the same track layout. They didn't change the track during the rehabs.

They use the same track, but a LOT of the scenes "connect" old track, leaving several areas "empty" - turntable/monsters. Plus, we step over a lot of it in the queue area!!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
They use the same track, but a LOT of the scenes "connect" old track, leaving several areas "empty" - turntable/monsters. Plus, we step over a lot of it in the queue area!!

Is any of the old track still there, or did they take it all out? For example is the turntable still intact or was it removed.

General Grizz

Well, all of the track (most of it) is from the original. NEW track has been added on to go "around" and connect old show segments (i.e. Open House.)

The turntable is still INTACT, but the area that lead TO it is now connected to the area that led FROM it...so it is isolated behind the scenes. Take a look at that diagram, or I can IM it to you.

Cliff

I wish I could have been a fly on the WDI meeting room wall when JIYI version 2.0 was completed. Here's how I Imagine it went:

WDI executive: "How's that new "imagination" project doing in Orlando"?
WDI project manager: "Yes sir,..it's just about done. We finaly killed that stupid purple dragon...what was his name again?...doesn't matter now."
WDI Executive: " Good, so you think the teens will love this one?"
WDI Project Manager: "Oh Yes sir, our studies show that this ride will not make ANYBODY feel like a little kid...We even silenced the ride by taking out that dumb "kiddie" song that we all have been hating for a while. Sir, I personally guarantee that NOBODY will come out that this building humming ANY tunes. We have gone to great legenths to insure this!"
WDI Executive: GREAT work! How about budget?
WDI Project manager: "10 million UNDER.....sir."
WDI Ececutive: "Fantastic! Kid, you are going places in this company,...our bonuses are looking good this year!"

A little Figment is better than none.:D

Main Street USA

Originally posted by disneyphilip
Actually, the ride is around 7 minutes long.

You can keep your opinions and I'll keep mine, but those "cheap-fillers" may not be "cheap" to others.

I don't need to be corrected, and for the 1000th time, I didn't say anyone else had my opinions. If I wanted to know the exact length of the ride I would've looked it up myself. My point was made and that was my goal. 7 minutes long sucks. It would only be 4 if there weren't multiple useless stops along the way.

Also, painted black walls and cloth hanging from cieling to floor is CHEAP no matter where you go. The fact that we're talking about Disney makes it that much worse.

General Grizz

MSU - did you encounter any technical difficulties? I am not a "fan" of the new ride; but I am interested to hear if anything went wrong.

Thanks!

Attachments

• df7.jpg
    df7.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 149

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom