What changes were made to "Journey into Imagination with Figment" during its rehab?

Passport

I don't see the movie, Honey I Shrunk, as imagination related. I think the pavillion shouldn't have to be limited to only the imagination.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Passport
I don't see the movie, Honey I Shrunk, as imagination related. I think the pavillion shouldn't have to be limited to only the imagination.

Hmmm... Fantasy then... maybe Creativity. Although I think Fantasy is part of Imagination (obviously There are no multiplying machines, or shrinking rays), but Creativity could be a strong Avenue to go down instead. So Either a New Creativity ride or Imagination Ride. Illusion is a weaker path too I guess, since that's what the current ride is doing, trying to trick the mind. Come to think of it the movie tricks the mind too.

Actually I think the movie needs replacing too. So do a totally conversion of the place, just stick within an aspect of the Brain... Illusion, Creativity, or Imagination. Of course the new ride deals with the senses too, but let's forget that, that should be in Wonders of Life imo.

MKCustodial

You're right when you say we shouldn't scrap the Imagination theme all together, Spidey. I take Christmas as an example: I don't know about the US, but down here you don't see many kids writing letters to Santa or even talking about it anymore, at least if they aren't younger than 8. I don't think this is maturing, I think it's facing the cold hard world too soon, and they don't need it, just as grown-ups need to get in touch with their inner child more often. And that's one of the traits of our Imagination, since no one uses their Imagination better than children.

So I think the new ride should be something creative that will make you use your imagination, or at least show you how you should use it more often. And I guess you can use Figment in that.

WDWspider

Honestly Figment was a desperation tactic. Think about the decision was already made to have a new concept ride. If it had been done well enough people would have been content and gotten over the fact that figment was absent. Since the ride flopped fast, people never had a chance to get over the lose, and the stinko ride made it even worse, so adding figment was a defensive tactic of too little too late. Sure, even with a Great ride people would have missed figment, but not as bad... look at Pooh and Buzz. We still miss Dreamflight and Toad hall, but we can accept change better with a good replacement.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man
Honestly Figment was a desperation tactic. Think about the decision was already made to have a new concept ride. If it had been done well enough people would have been content and gotten over the fact that figment was absent. Since the ride flopped fast, people never had a chance to get over the lose, and the stinko ride made it even worse, so adding figment was a defensive tactic of too little too late. Sure, even with a Great ride people would have missed figment, but not as bad... look at Pooh and Buzz. We still miss Dreamflight and Toad hall, but we can accept change better with a good replacement.

Agreed...but...he is still Figgy :)

FigmentJedi

BUMP
For a spiffy new JII Pavillion, I'd sack HISTA, put in a new movie with Figment and Dreamfinder, restore the ride to it's original glory, put Imageworks upstairs, and add a resturant nearby the building. The theme would be of the Dreamport, and the area around the pyramid would become more fantasy like.

SirGoofy

Originally posted by Tahu
BUMP
For a spiffy new JII Pavillion, I'd sack HISTA, put in a new movie with Figment and Dreamfinder, restore the ride to it's original glory, put Imageworks upstairs, and add a resturant nearby the building. The theme would be of the Dreamport, and the area around the pyramid would become more fantasy like.

Not only would I restore the original ride, I would upgrade it. I was thinking a scene were Dream Finder was kickin Channing right in the butt, and there would be objects in the car that you could throw at him...yea that would be cool:) .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom