What changes were made to "Journey into Imagination with Figment" during its rehab?

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I can envision it now - a Figment in a black cape...with red pigment...and horns! :eek:

That wasn't called for!

Just because I something doesn't necessarily mean that you should always comment on it.

General Grizz

Gotcha! It's not like I have been...? I'll go back and delete it if I don't have permission to... :veryconfu

Actually, it does create an interesting contrast...wow, I am starting to see all kinds of different colored Figments...green Figments, blue ones... haha; try to imagine them! They're fun for hours of childish delight!

mickeyfanatics

Originally posted by disneyphilip
That wasn't called for!

Just because I something doesn't necessarily mean that you should always comment on it.

Hold on Mr. Know it all Phillip..... Where in the world did you learn how to write? Just because I something? I am sorry I had to point this out, but as a teacher, I have to stress it.

One other thing, We do read your posts and just have our own opinions. BTW, a student once told me that opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

Main Street USA

Ok, disneyphillip, that's just about enough. You aren't even making sense anymore. Grizz was making a joke about a red Figment with horns and you take offense? GET A FREAKIN'LIFE. He has the right to respond anyway he wishes, AND he has a right to respond to anyone's posts as well. It isn't all about YOU, got it?:rolleyes:

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Since Louie's original voice, Louis Prima, was co-creator of the character, his widow has half the rights to the character. That's why they resorted to Louie's brother, King Larry. Somebody around here told me this story a while ago, so I don't know if it's true or not.

in regards to the original question about calling him Lenny, there is a similar story on a quite similar subject to what we have been discussing.

At Disneyland in Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (my favorite dark ride :)), they changed all the license plates of the cabs to read "Lenny" instead of "Benny" (in regard to Benny the Cab from the Roger Rabbit movie) so Disney wouldn't have to go through all the legal mumbo-jumbo with Stephen Spielberg.

just an intersting story...

On another note, I know Kodak still sponsors the pavillion, but I thought they pulled back a bit on funding JII. I heard that they had to change the ride in the first place when Disney's contract with Kodak ran out in, like, '97 or whenever it closed.

But once again, I dont know :lol:

Horizons1

Has anyone seen the original concept art for Figment,he does look pretty scary in one picture where hes laughing with Dreamfinder.:lookaroun

BNCordeiro

The explanation that I was told in regards to the change was that JII was not changed due to a lack of riders or even funding (although perhaps deep down that was the case). The explanation that I was told was that JII was rehabed due to the contract which required Disney to update the ride, to keep it fresh, for Kodak within 20 years.

BNCordeiro

In regards to Figment his his scarier look in the conception artwork, I think it's pretty clear that like most Disney characters Figment's look has evolved a bit over the years (hey, we all put on a few pounds and round out a little over time=)

I remember purchasing a plush Figment hand puppet and having several lengthy conversations with the manufacturer who, prior to the JII closure & rehab, was telling me about Disney's plans to tweak Figment, the attraction, and to sack the Dreamfinder. One thing that she emphasized was Disney's attempt to make Figment even more cartoonish and that park surveys showed that the Dreamfinder (admittedly a Santa-like figure) scared some children (which, as anyone who has seen Santa at a mall can relate to).

How true the stories are...you be the judge but for the most part, they were certainly prophetic for as far as I could see publicly.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Main Street USA
Ok, disneyphillip, that's just about enough. You aren't even making sense anymore. Grizz was making a joke about a red Figment with horns and you take offense? GET A FREAKIN'LIFE. He has the right to respond anyway he wishes, AND he has a right to respond to anyone's posts as well. It isn't all about YOU, got it?:rolleyes:
:eek: :lookaroun

:sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Main Street USA

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

(is it me or does phillip "contradict his statements" a lot???)

("This is the same old Figment")

("Ok, so he's a fiestier Figment and he has some different character traits")

Passport

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
Hold on Mr. Know it all Phillip..... Where in the world did you learn how to write? Just because I something? I am sorry I had to point this out, but as a teacher, I have to stress it.

One other thing, We do read your posts and just have our own opinions. BTW, a student once told me that opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.
To finish the saying ...and everyone thinks theirs doesn't stink.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Passport
Does the ride have to be about imagination?

Well, let's look at what the Imagination Pavilion should stand for by first looking outside the pavilion.

I think the land is a good example...

The Land Pavilion is designed to educate guests on what makes up the Land, what comes from the Land, and how we use the land. One show teaches us to respect the Land and preserve it for the future, another catergorizes items found from the land that are used for nurishment, the ride shows different types of land and how to use it for resources and how those concepts are improving, and of course the Food Court allows you to sample many of the things you have learned about.

So the Land does discuss the Land but focuses on Resources (mainly food).

So does the Imagination Pavilion have to be about Imagination only... no... but it must include it with a close common theme, what do you have in mind? I don't think we should change the concept if that's what you meant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom