What changes were made to "Journey into Imagination with Figment" during its rehab?

Testtrack321

Nothing was changed, just some general rehab and to fix some bugs like at one point the walls wouldn't fall down at the end.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
They realized they made a terrible mistake and that the newer versions sucked, so they brought back the original ride and now everyone is happy again! ;) :p

(Was that a run-on sentence or what?)

Sorry, had to vent...:D

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by One Lil Spark
They realized they made a terrible mistake and that the newer versions sucked, so they brought back the original ride and now everyone is happy again! ;) :p

(Was that a run-on sentence or what?)

Sorry, had to vent...:D

DON'T GET ME STARTED WITH THAT!:fork:

JII version 3.0 is awesome, man!

The original IS NOT coming back! Enjoy the Imagination attraction as it is now, please. Be happy/thankful for what you get and stop driving the company crazy!

It's enough that Grizzlyhall expressed his disappointments in the current ride so many times (and in so many ways) that he (and his obsessions) kind of became a source of irritation to me!:fork:

Disney's parks still have their magic--often, it's people like some of you who destroy the magic, not the company! Sometimes, you have to make your magic.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by disneyphilip

The original IS NOT coming back! Enjoy the Imagination attraction as it is now, please. Be happy/thankful for what you get and stop driving the company crazy!

It's enough that Grizzlyhall expressed his disappointments in the current ride so many times (and in so many ways) that he (and his obsessions) kind of became a source of irritation to me!:fork:

Disney's parks still have their magic--often, it's people like some of you who destroy the magic, not the company! Sometimes, you have to make your magic.
Whoa... Relaxation 101.

I was JOKING man! That is what the :p ;) was for!

pheneix

>>>The original IS NOT coming back! Enjoy the Imagination attraction as it is now, please. Be happy/thankful for what you get and stop driving the company crazy!<<<

He is not what is driving the company crazy. The fewer and fewer people that aren't even glancing at the new ride (even less than the first rehab) ARE what is turning heads at Disney.

>>>Sometimes, you have to make your magic.<<<

At a place that spent nearly 25 years providing it for us?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by pheneix
>>>The original IS NOT coming back! Enjoy the Imagination attraction as it is now, please. Be happy/thankful for what you get and stop driving the company crazy!<<<

He is not what is driving the company crazy. The fewer and fewer people that aren't even glancing at the new ride (even less than the first rehab) ARE what is turning heads at Disney.

>>>Sometimes, you have to make your magic.<<<

At a place that spent nearly 25 years providing it for us?
:sohappy: Thank you!

Philip, Version 3.0 is a good one! I'll give you that, but after going from the original to version 2, you get a bit dicouraged. I'm not destroying the magic or whatever... I was JOKING. It is terrible that you think someone like me or Griz ARE ruining magic.

Have a wonderful day Philip. :D

Jerm

Wow talk about cutting it with a knife......I am counting the days till I get to see Figment again in all his purpleness. I think they could have put in a lot of black rooms with just "One Lil Spark" playing and it would have been better the V.2. By the way anyone have the new version of "One Lil Spark" that I can download??????

J

pheneix

>>>I think they could have put in a lot of black rooms with just "One Lil Spark" playing and it would have been better the V.2.<<<

In one case that is exactly what they did.

Cliff

How are we driving the company crazy?
Sombody is disapointed with the ride and this "irratates" you?
How do park goers like us "destroy" the magic?

WDI "destroyed" the magic when they gave us JIYM version 2.0.
Fans like us complained, "drove the company crazy" and forced them put some of the original magic back into it. (V3.0)
Did you find the complaints said between v2.0 and v3.0 "irratating"? Seems to me that we did a good thing for the magic of Epcot.

What did Walt say? "Built what the people want,...NOT what you want them to have." ( That's not a perfect quoute, but it's close.)

I will always stand up and throw a fit whenever Disney replaces something that has "magic" with something that is "sterile" and theme-less with no magic at all.

The company needs to be VERY thankfull that they have a core fan base as strong and devout as we are.

CT ; - ):D

Big Al's Gal

Originally posted by 10021982
How are we driving the company crazy?
Sombody is disapointed with the ride and this "irratates" you?
How do park goers like us "destroy" the magic?

WDI "destroyed" the magic when they gave us JIYM version 2.0.
Fans like us complained, "drove the company crazy" and forced them put some of the original magic back into it. (V3.0)
Did you find the complaints said between v2.0 and v3.0 "irratating"? Seems to me that we did a good thing for the magic of Epcot.

What did Walt say? "Built what the people want,...NOT what you want them to have." ( That's not a perfect quoute, but it's close.)

I will always stand up and throw a fit whenever Disney replaces something that has "magic" with something that is "sterile" and theme-less with no magic at all.

The company needs to be VERY thankfull that they have a core fan base as strong and devout as we are.

CT ; - ):D

Amen..
I have absolutely NOTHING to add to that...
Good Job:D

General Grizz

There was a rumor that Figment would be facing the audience (going around to one side or another) and that the original ride (3.0) would have a lot more to add...but I will be checking it out soon for a reallllly detailed inspection... :lookaroun :)

Correct me if i'm wrong.. but doesn't version 2.0 and 3.0 use much less of the building than the original did? Somewhere i read they aren't using half of the building.. Someone fill me in here...

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Correct me if i'm wrong.. but doesn't version 2.0 and 3.0 use much less of the building than the original did? Somewhere i read they aren't using half of the building.. Someone fill me in here...

they aren't using the upstairs portion of the building that was used for the original ride. (I didn't see it but I know that that is what they aren't using). I think it's office space now or something.

Main Street USA

Until now I had stayed out of the JII discussions because I hadn't ridden the third one. But now I have, and now I need to say something. First off, I hardly EVER say I don't like a ride, and I have NEVER said that I am thouroughly disappointed with one, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

I cannot believe ANYONE likes this third one. I think it's WORSE than the second one. I also don't see how anyone thinks they've brought back "One Little Spark" or Figment, because they both might as well be brand new things. Figment acts COMPLETLY different, and all of the words to the song are changed. The backdrops to every scene are either a wall painted black, or a large black cloth hangoing from the ceiling. It's unbelievable how much they've skimped on this.

My wife and I are riding through and stopping at all of the scenes, and at every "lab" we're thinking "that's it?" i.e. when you stop in front of the eyechart, you expect something to happen, and then Figment scrambles some letters, and then you start moving again. WOW, how exciting and imaginative!:rolleyes: This is what they came up with? WOW!

Anyway, the whole ride was a whole lot of nothing in my eyes, and it was really the only let down of my recent trip.

mickeyfanatics

The only amazing thing about the new JII is that it still has no line, ever! I have been there at the busiest times of the day and year and HISTA has a line, but JII does not. Maybe the people have spoken? I am glad figment is back, but this is not the first ride they have ruined by remaking it.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by spider-man
:lol:

You are joking... right?

:lol:

It ain't no joke!:fork:

I LOVE IT...so do my parents!

Let's put this issue to rest, please, and enjoy JII version 3.0 for what it is...and enjoy the fact that the company listened to us and resurrected good ol' Figment and his classic song.

As for Main Street USA (the user, not the land), version 3.0 is NOT worse than version 2.0... it IS better than version 2.0 and I'm going to stand by my opinions!

WDWspider

It ain't no joke!:fork:

I LOVE IT...so do my parents!

Let's put this issue to rest, please, and enjoy JII version 3.0 for what it is...and enjoy the fact that the company listened to us and resurrected good ol' Figment and his classic song.

As for Main Street USA (the user, not the land), version 3.0 is NOT worse than version 2.0... it IS better than version 2.0 and I'm going to stand by my opinions!

Well, it's not very good either, but obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion. The majority doesn't care for it (or you would have much longer lines), but that's OK... you can like it just as well as the next guy. I just don't, and I'm not pushing any opinions on you, or I would not have used the laughing smilies.

I do think it's better than version 2.0. But I also think they took crap and just tried to make it smell nice by spraying Figment and One little Spark Air Fresheners.:p

MKCustodial

So is he, so shoudn't you act a little nicer? You say your whole family loves it and you're sticking to it. Well, he says he hates it and that's HIS OPINION. Can't you live with that?:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom