What are your "waiting in line" pet peeves?

bsandersjr

A "Ghost" Host said:
True story, I was in the lobby for VOTLM. I was pretty much 7 feet or so from the doors. Thats when I noticed a friend of mine. I told her to come back with me (I don't normally go in front of others) but she would'nt give up her space. So, I decided it might be okay for me to go with her: OOPS. Suddenly, this old women takes me by my shirt and throws me to the floor "EXCUSE ME!" She yelled. I mean geesh, sorry. I didn't realize it was so awful for me to go see my friend. :veryconfu :cry:

Now, she was wrong for getting physical.
As a cast member, are you now saying it is OK to cut in line because your friend is further up the line?
The appropriate thing to do is for her to fall back. If she chooses not to, as she did, catch up to her after. Either that or she did not really wanna be bothered by you.
Understand, I am not trying to be mean, but come on man. Just because you work there, it does not give you the right to break rules.

pluto77

weluvtink said:
Pluto77- This happens everyday in my store. There will be one cashier with a couple of people in line and someone will always walk up to the empty register. Then they can't figure out why they aren't being helped. I have to point out that we only have one cashier and if I do open the other register I will be pulling people from the other side first.
I hear ya, then when you open the other cash register they probably get made because your helping the people that were actually in line first.

duchess1576 said:
When people decide to start a new line and ignore the existing one. Like if I'm waiting in a line to see a character, somebody comes along and stands a few feet across from me, i'm thinking, "i know they don't think they're thinking of cutting in front of those of us in line." and then someone else comes along and gets behind this person and thinks they're the line. i just give them dirty looks.
That's exactly what I was talking about when I worked at Casey's. And then those people get mad because they aren't being helped. Hello? Why do you deserve special treatment, everybody has to wait there turn.
duchess1576 said:
When people act like getting into an attraction is a matter of life and death and they walk right through families, seperating parents from their kids. So, then I'm trying to watch where my kid is going, getting nervous, trying to reconnect with him while trying to push my way back in front of these people who are now giving me dirty looks, thinking i'm trying to cut them. Idiots.
Yes! and then they stop and sit down in the middle of the rows. :lol: I just have to laugh about it because people drive me nuts! Sorry I keep bringing up me working, but this lady was swearing at me once because she pushed her way into the front of the line and I told her to wait in the back of the line.

bluefaery

DiPSU224 said:
I'm usually always wearing flip flops when we're down there so I can't stand when people are right ontop of me in line and then step on the back of my flip flop when I move. About 3 times or so my flip flop has actually come off of my foot and either I tripped or the bottom of my bare foot hits the cement. I can't stand the thought of my skin touching the ground where so many people have been...

that is exactly like me. I love my FFs but I hate it when people step on them.

bluefaery

A "Ghost" Host said:
1. After I tell people "Bodies, please fill in ALL of the dead space," and no one moves. Finally, someone fills in the dead space, only to get pushed and shoved at and given dirty looks all because he/she followed instructions. It's called cooperation people. We even say "If the person in front of you doesn't take the space, it's thewir loss!" not those words exactly, but ya get the point.

That sounds like me. I always fill in the "dead space".

PhotoDave219

Laura22 said:
So what are your "line" pet peeves?

Well, having to wait ini line in the first place..... :D

Mostly people who cant understand how a turnstyle works. That and People who try to get too close and basically stand right on to of me (female NCAA Div 1 athletes naturally not included)

But Mainly its the whole waiting in line nonsense.

DDuckFan130

I think FP has spoiled a lot of us :rolleyes: :p

I'll admit it. It has spoiled me for some attractions (i.e. Splash and RnRC). But I'm very patient so I'm willing to wait and deal with the diversity of people I encounter while in line :lookaroun

DisneyHoneymoon

eewww it's gross!

I abhor waiting in line next to people with those new fad "wet fans" that blow air and wet mist. The users turn this way and that, spraying their sweaty slimy stenchy skin surface oils onto those around them. Ick.... disgusting. I almost threw up at one point.

On Soarin' - what were they thinking, having that wide, wide queue? I am not kidding, there was approximately a 100-foot gap between the front of the line, and the ones leaning to the right, staring at the trivia game. So, I walked up to the front of the line (bypassing the trivia watchers) with around 12 people behind me doing the same. Those "reading the trivia" got all hot and bothered and started yelling. Um, hello? We are here to WAIT IN LINE FOR A RIDE not read trivia billboards. Stick with the program, people! Move up, move up! Jeesh! :fork:

TimeTrip

DisneyHoneymoon said:
On Soarin' - what were they thinking, having that wide, wide queue? I am not kidding, there was approximately a 100-foot gap between the front of the line, and the ones leaning to the right, staring at the trivia game. So, I walked up to the front of the line (bypassing the trivia watchers) with around 12 people behind me doing the same. Those "reading the trivia" got all hot and bothered and started yelling. Um, hello? We are here to WAIT IN LINE FOR A RIDE not read trivia billboards. Stick with the program, people! Move up, move up! Jeesh! :fork:

So, you were technically cutting the line? What about people who might have been waiting for them to stop reading the trivia before moving forward so they wouldn't be cutting? Even if they left a wide-open part of the queue, would you have gotten on any faster if they filled that spot in? Disney put the signs there for a reason... theming.. seems like you would be happy with six flags style cattle railing-style lines. Why are you in such a rush? Where's the fire?

DisneyHoneymoon

<<So, you were technically cutting the line? What about people who might have been waiting for them to stop reading the trivia before moving forward so they wouldn't be cutting? Even if they left a wide-open part of the queue, would you have gotten on any faster if they filled that spot in? Disney put the signs there for a reason... theming.. seems like you would be happy with six flags style cattle railing-style lines. Why are you in such a rush? Where's the fire?>>

Actually, yes, the entire next portion of the ride line (myself and a dozen others) DID get into their ride seats faster than those who took a "time out", as a matter of fact. We did not move immediately ahead, but instead were waiting very patiently for about 15 minutes as that group of trivia watchers stood in one place and failed to move forward even though there was a 100-foot gap. People behind me were yelling, "move up!" to the trivia lurkers...... and we finally realized they were not interested in moving forward so the dozen of us (not related to one another in any way) moved up instead. could have been even more folks pulled up along with us -- I didn't look all the way back. There's a saying, "you snooze, you lose."

Guess they were not used to reading English, as I had no problem reading and guessing the trivia questions as I MOVED FORWARD. I did get the theming quite easily, thanks....

josh_e_washie

It's already been said a million times in a million different ways, but I hate it when people behind you bump into you...it's the most annoying thing ever!!!!!!!!!!

bsandersjr

DisneyHoneymoon said:

I guess that 100 feet would have gotten you on the ride a lot quicker, huh?
People that do the thing you did cause trouble.

TimeTrip

DisneyHoneymoon said:
Actually, yes, the entire next portion of the ride line (myself and a dozen others) DID get into their ride seats faster than those who took a "time out", as a matter of fact. We did not move immediately ahead, but instead were waiting very patiently for about 15 minutes as that group of trivia watchers stood in one place and failed to move forward even though there was a 100-foot gap. People behind me were yelling, "move up!" to the trivia lurkers...... and we finally realized they were not interested in moving forward so the dozen of us (not related to one another in any way) moved up instead. could have been even more folks pulled up along with us -- I didn't look all the way back. There's a saying, "you snooze, you lose."

Guess they were not used to reading English, as I had no problem reading and guessing the trivia questions as I MOVED FORWARD. I did get the theming quite easily, thanks....

Heh.. I probably would have done the same thing as you did then. There is a limit eventually on how nice you should be. It still stands that you only got on faster because you technically cut the line...

RealHawker

shelty66 said:
All of the above mentioned problems are very real. I avoid these problems by not being in the parks when they are crowded. This is accomplished by being first in line for park opening. Waiting in lines is avoided by doing this. Being back at my resort pool for lunch by 100pm. Going back to the MK after the strollers leave, about 500pm. For all that complained get a life. Theres so much at WDW to do without having to fight crowds of people. Learn how to avoid the crowds. What happened to the day at WDW while sitting on a bench you'd watch the street sweeper following the small kid eatting popcorn, with a broom and dustpan.

what if you are the people with the strollers, and the children that ride in them? This is a pretty ignorant post. Some of us do have to go at times when there are crowds, and subsequently long lines. You can try to go early and late, but it doesnt always god with childrens schedules.

webmomom

What really gets to me is the people who have to stand on either the sidwalks or the road and have family discussions or look at the map of the park.

This just happens to us. We got a spot for the parade and hour and forty five minutes before the parade. I am in a wheelchair. There was no body else near us. AS the time for the parade to start was drawing near, more and more people came. One family, one of people actually sat in the curb between where the feet of the wheelchair. then this other group came . One was a teenage boy and he sat down on the ground next to my wheelchair and leaned up against the side of the chair, That was alright except he had a headset on with music playing and he proceed to move to the music, which in turn shook the wheelchair. They had a small child and they had her stand on the other side of the chair, which again was alright, except for the fact they kept reaching across me to take her picture with a flash. Then one othe said something to my husband about me being an adult and sitting up front. My DH told him the only reason I was in the chair is because I am sick. :confused:

BalooInKZoo

When we get people crowding us in que, we play a little game called "medical conversation"... Here's how it works. When a pushy group starts touching one of us, someone always makes a comment like, "See, I told ya a positive TB test result isn't the end of the world..." or "I told you that your herpes sores would dry up and flake off..." or my personal favorite..."How many more treatments before your crabs are gone?"
This really works, people leave the entire group alone for the rest of the que...

As for what really gets me ticked...

1. Sitting in a smoking area, and non-smokers come in to sit down, fake cough, have their young children make rude comments and ask me to put out my cigg... It is a smoking area people!

2. Small minded people that see my wedding band, ask where my wife is, and then get all bent out of shape when I point to the burly guy next to me... We don't do PDA and we don't prance around the MK, but when asked, I"m not gonna lie.

bsandersjr

BalooInKZoo said:
As for what really gets me ticked...

1. Sitting in a smoking area, and non-smokers come in to sit down, fake cough, have their young children make rude comments and ask me to put out my cigg... It is a smoking area people!

Great point, couldn't agree more, but that statement may just open a big never ending argument. Plus, that does not happen "In line"

BalooInKZoo

bsandersjr said:
Great point, couldn't agree more, but that statement may just open a big never ending argument. Plus, that does not happen "In line"

right, sorry... just got carried away with the moment. Rant over...

DisneyJunkie

I absolutely HATE getting caught in line between groups of people who clearly don't know what deodorant is. The stench can be quite overpowering. I don't mind when people engage in restrained forms of public displays of affection or PDAs, but when people begin going beyond what is appropriate for being in public.....come on, get out of line and go back to your room.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
DisneyJunkie said:
. I don't mind when people engage in restrained forms of public displays of affection or PDAs, but when people begin going beyond what is appropriate for being in public.....come on, get out of line and go back to your room.

People pay good money for that sort of thing in Amsterdam.................or so Im told :lookaroun

Pongo

I hate when the person in front of me turns into a werewolf. It's so annoying.

Or when people don't realize that the line moved in front of them and stand there for ten minutes and start moving when the line is to the loading station or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom