What are your "waiting in line" pet peeves?

SteamboatJoe

In no particular order:

-Out of control kids/poor parenting

-People not keeping up with the line.

-Groups waiting in line together who leave enough room for the holy ghost and Dumbo's mom in between themselves and their fellow group members making the line look much larger than it really is.

-Foul language/behavior

-Body odor

-People who are completely self-centered and act as if they aren't in a crowd with a ton of other people

-People who are completely oblivious when it comes to controlling anything with wheels

brb1006

In no particular order:

-Out of control kids/poor parenting

-People not keeping up with the line.

-Groups waiting in line together who leave enough room for the holy ghost and Dumbo's mom in between themselves and their fellow group members making the line look much larger than it really is.

-Foul language/behavior

-Body odor

-People who are completely self-centered and act as if they aren't in a crowd with a ton of other people

-People who are completely oblivious when it comes to controlling anything with wheels
I always find it jarring to hear adult swearing randomly at WDW.

Mal

I always find it jarring to hear adult swearing randomly at WDW.

I think that's why excessive PDA bothers me so much. I don't have kids, so outside the Disney bubble or any other family friendly situations, my mouth is pretty foul, not like Deadpool level foul, but definitely not kid friendly all the time. So if I can keep my colorful adjectives and f-bombs to myself while at Disney, I expect other people to keep their behavior pretty G-rated as well.

People who loudly slam the bells in the entrance to Expedition Everest are the worst.

-

I have quite the sailors mouth when chatting with friends, but people who loudly use offensive language and behavior in line there are extraordinarily obnoxious. My Disney language filter is always engaged when I step foot in their parks, restaurants and pretty much anywhere there's other people on Disney property (most public places in general too).

If you say something quietly to somebody in your party when nobody is around, that's one thing. But why do that kind of behavior which you should know makes people uncomfortable, basically ruining the experience for other families? I'd hate to ruin some other person's trip.

Launchpad McQuack

Just recently we noticed that the line for Soarin was only 15 minutes. So did everyone else. I know people were excited. We were, too, since we had our FastPass for Test Track and never thought we would be able to enjoy this attraction that day - and it was our first time experiencing the new film! There was a young couple ahead of us. The woman had a boot on and was obviously limping. She really did her best to walk quickly, but it was difficult and probably hurt , too. We had to actually form a line across behind them to block off the people behind us. There was only four of us, but we managed. Honestly, we only had a short distance to walk before we finally hit the real line and stopped. My kids couldn't believe that people were willing to run over this poor couple just to get ahead of them.

We had a similar situation getting on Soarin' one day a couple of years ago. I was with my wife and her parents, and there was an old man in front of us walking to catch up with his group. He had a REALLY bad limp like his knees/hips had all seen much better days, so we formed the line across behind him to walk as slowly as he needed to and not let anyone by.

Another big one for me is just people in general who think rules/instructions don't apply to them. These are the people in the stretching room at Haunted Mansion who get as close to the door as possible (basically leaning on the wall) instead of moving toward the "dead center" of the room. The worst is standing in the loading/waiting area for Philharmagic and how many times I've heard people (usually big grown men) saying "I don't care. I'm going to sit wherever I want. I dare someone to say something to me."

Incomudro

We had a similar situation getting on Soarin' one day a couple of years ago. I was with my wife and her parents, and there was an old man in front of us walking to catch up with his group. He had a REALLY bad limp like his knees/hips had all seen much better days, so we formed the line across behind him to walk as slowly as he needed to and not let anyone by.

Another big one for me is just people in general who think rules/instructions don't apply to them. These are the people in the stretching room at Haunted Mansion who get as close to the door as possible (basically leaning on the wall) instead of moving toward the "dead center" of the room. The worst is standing in the loading/waiting area for Philharmagic and how many times I've heard people (usually big grown men) saying "I don't care. I'm going to sit wherever I want. I dare someone to say something to me."

This one just reminded me of something that drives me nuts!
People who talk during the intros to rides like Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur, and ToT.
Shut up!

copcarguyp71

Two big ones for me.

1 - Parents letting their kids run amok. Not like simple impatient kid stuff but more like letting them climb on queue railings, swing on them to the point of kicking guests. I even saw a mother let her kids go and climb on the scenery in the queue of TSMM like it was a dang playground while she stood there and gabbed with her mother (who also could not give a care)

2 - people LOUDLY conversing on a cell phone like they are talking in their car. No, I don't care where you are meeting later. No, I don't care about what rides you've ridden and no, I pretty much don't need to hear you're whole life story or about how you planned this whole vacation yourself and your spouse did NOTHING!

Launchpad McQuack

2 - people LOUDLY conversing on a cell phone like they are talking in their car. No, I don't care where you are meeting later. No, I don't care about what rides you've ridden and no, I pretty much don't need to hear you're whole life story or about how you planned this whole vacation yourself and your spouse did NOTHING!

My favorite/least favorite experience like this was on my honeymoon. There were two kids, probably middle school age, like YELLING into a little two-way radio in line for RnRC. I can't remember who they were "talking" to, but they would not shut up and stop their screaming, despite all the dirty looks they got. As we were walking out through the gift shop, we saw an amazing sight... They were speaking to a CM, with one of them in tears because... they dropped their radio on the ride and it's lost/probably broken.

Disney4family

This actually happened to us during the Country Bears attraction. A woman obviously split from her party and decided throughout the attraction to explain (loudly) where she was and how they should come in and join her.

OliveMcFly

Personal space. I usually put my foot out behind me or my hand on my hip to keep them at bay with my elbow. Sometimes this still doesn't stop people.

Seabasealpha1

People that litter and leave their trash behind...

I can distinctly remember waiting in line for Pirates when some numbskulls ahead of me just crumpled up a wrapper and stuffed it in a prop in the queue and then left other trash/tissues laying on the ground...

I picked it up... I'll be damned if you're gonna gonna come up in here disrespecting MY laughing place...

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

I can distinctly remember waiting in line for Pirates when some numbskulls ahead of me just crumpled up a wrapper and stuffed it in a prop in the queue and then left other trash/tissues laying on the ground...

I picked it up... I'll be damned if you're gonna gonna come up in here disrespect MY laughing place...

Littering is one my biggest pet peeves not just in WDW but anywhere. I absolutely can't stand it.

Launchpad McQuack

I picked it up... I'll be damned if you're gonna gonna come up in here disrespect MY laughing place...

On our last trip, we saw someone smoking in line for Pirates. It was truly something to behold.

Geekella

I don't believe in crouding people, but I legit cannot stand being behind someone who insists on leaving a huge gap between them and the person in front of them. I get it: don't breathe down someone's neck, give people space. But from experience, "skippers " scope out those kinds of gaps and try to slyly sneak their way into that spot. I'm the type that will raise a stink. But who wants to have to raise a stink? No one. Give people their space, but not in excess!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom