What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

DisneyLeo18

Well this thread is perfect for me, my family never understands the parts of the trip I love. So here it goes:

-Picking up the rental car, putting the windows down and cruising over to our hotel.
-Checking in, yes checking in. I just love walking into the hotel and getting that "I'm back" feel.
-First bus ride to the parks
-Even though I don't use the mugs anymore I used to look forward to the first time filling one up.
-Club cool :slurp:
-ToT preshow
-Finishing off the night walking out to the bus then getting to the hotel having a beer n hanging out by the pool talking about the day

Chu-Chi Face

When the guy at the airport parking lot hands over them keys and knowing where that cars going to be taking me and my family!!! I just love that feeling for the next 2 weeks (even if the steering wheel is on the different side :ROFLOL:
And the worst bit is taking it back :(

Right with you on that one!

Also I love waking the first morning at about 5am because I'm still on UK time, feeling like I've just had the most wonderful sleep and full of energy and excitement for the 'rope drop'. LOVE IT!!!!

TakeMeThere81

Driving under the gates. Sounds stupid but once I hit WDW property every care and concern of the real world goes away.

The background music that plays everywhere, transporting you to another land...

The yummy smell of popcorn

Dole Whips

The bleachy-water smell on Pirates and other rides

Wonderful soundtracks from the nighttime shows that always make me cry.

Rounding the corner and seeing the castle peak out for the first time. It always overwhelms me, because I always forget just how big and beautiful it is.

GoofyFan1

Driving under the gates. Sounds stupid but once I hit WDW property every care and concern of the real world goes away.

That's exactly what I tell my students when they ask why I go to Disney World so much.

I get excited when we finally get off the plane at Orlando International and take the tram to the Magical Express. I know soon I'll be where the outside world has little affect on me.

I also look forward to the smell of the water rides...weird, I know.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The planning and anticipation is almost just as fun as being there!

I agree with this 1000 percent.
As much as I can't wait to get down there -- there is also some strange part of me part of me that wishes there was some way I could make the weeks before getting down there stretch out a little bit more.
I know that sounds wierd but it's true..

But once we land in FL:

That first look down Mainstreet
checking in to the hotel
Starting up the rental car at the MCO
First monorail
Dinner at 'Ohana
Riding the TTA with family four pack
Smell of Pirate water

MillerPoppins

These three perfectly fit my family. My little brother is always like "Jake, this is our first monorail ride! :D"

And also the billboards, we always put them in order which ones we will ride first and last, etc. And we loved the Mickey waffles so much, on a trip to NYC we went to the Disney store and bought our own maker!

My dad bought us the Mickey Waffle iron on a past trip years ago to Disney. However the ones at the park have a lighter taste then the ones at home. They have a different taste to them...so it still makes them so enjoyable to have down there!

meekoman

For me, it's crossing under the train station and onto main street and hearing the music and the smell of popcorn, the candy store, bakery....absolute heaven.

crazydaveh

Lately it has become seeing my 16 month old go nuts when she sees Mickey, Donald, and the other characters on the Welcome signs entering WDW. Holy cow the insanity from the backseat is crazy!

I also dig the smell of the popcorn cart as you enter the MK on the left side. It always seems to have fresh pop corn popping when we enter.

I also look forward to bier in Germany... Why? Why not!

sueuk

Spotting all the signs on the way from OIA.
Knowing that even though there are changes since our last visit - really nothing has changed.
'Welcome Home'.
Looking out of the window on the first morning and knowing that there are 2 weeks ahead of us.
The smells and the background music.
A free choc in Ghirardelli's knowing that we'll have a Sundae later.
Cinnamon rolls ..... hey we live in England where even if I could find one, it would be half the size!
I can think of a hundred things - all of which I have to wait till next year for ..... because as I've said before 'WE' aka DH decided we'll have a grown up holiday this year.

glee

Seeing the disney billboards on the way there and once through the gate!!! The tower of terror one is my favorite :):):)

Goofy316

Pulling into the Hotel Parking lot knowing my vacation is finally here.
Standing outside the gate of the Magic Kingdom hearing the goodmorning jingle and seeing the smoke stack from the train, knowing the park is about to open.
Hearing my daughters scream out for Mickey, gives my heart a light feeling and brings tears to my eyes.

I look forward to seeing it all through their eyes because it is all still real to them.
:)

That first step onto Main Street - feeling that you are home:)
The Farmhouse in the Land and Disney magic of wanting to live there.
Great Movie Ride :sohappy:

There are just so many!!

SuperSaint

I'm a big guy when it comes to those little details you can't get anywhere else...so here's some things I look forward to and/or miss:

-the taste of water from water fountains in Disney World
-a head freeze from the pineapple delight from Adventureland
-The sound of the monorail
-the smell of Pirates of the Caribbean (I actually filled a bottle of water in there to take home, still have it. Not sure if it still smells like it though.)
-the sound of Futureworld at night
- The excitement of the first rush into the park in the morning
- Hanging around the castle at night when guests are leaving and the park is slowing down
- the sweltering heat and humidity of Animal Kingdom under the trees
- Getting lost in Hollywood Studios (the one park I still get lost in)
- the experience of epcot at sundown in the world pavilion
- watching kids run around with balloons (don't have my own kids yet)
- Never finding the very elusive Mickey Mouse
- Realizing that pictures never do the park justice and never compare to actually being there
- Drinking the over price alcoholic drink in a pineapple at the polynesian resort. (i've since learned how to make my own as I bought a pineapple corer)

kalel8145

Not necessarily a Disney thing, but the tram ride from the terminal at Orlando airport. I always tell my family, this is just the beginning.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom