What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

jeffk410

Original Poster
^^ I love that ride in the airport too. Especially when it was the same guy,

that made me think . I also love the first step into the humid weather. Its great!

For me, it's crossing under the train station and onto main street and hearing the music and the smell of popcorn, the candy store, bakery....absolute heaven.

Absolutely agree.
I also love that when I check in to see smiling CM's who make me feel like they are happy that we are visiting and that the info they are giving me, they haven't said to 100 people already that day. Service in Disney is so superior, I can't say enough about it.
Oh and I also like that I don't have to cook one meal the whole week we are there, as a SAHM that means alot :)

XxMickeyMousexX

I am going in september, and iam looking forward to first of all bringing my son for the first time in his life. hes so excited!!!! as am i....

Honestly after a long drive i love getting on us-92.....seeing the gift shops, the hotels, the traffic, the different license plates, the signs, and the feeling of being OH SO CLOSE....then you see old town in the distance....the "big orange" my family calls it, the billboards, the water park then wide world of sports knowing we are right there!!!!

also...

• The gate
  • The trees and landscape
  • Everyone smiling
  • Grown men wearing -packs (no offense :) )
  • hearing kids laughing
  • the backround music
  • the contemporary
  • all the old signs at DHS

ahhh i love everything!!! I cant wait to go in sept!!!

LoriSue

First is when making ADR's and they say "Have a Magical Day" at the end of the call... I cry when they do and am sad when they don't.

The red carpet toward DME in the Orlando airport and the CM's with Mickey hands

The video ON the DME on the way to the hotel

The very first walk down Main Street toward the castle. I forbid anyone from speaking to me until I've had my moment with my castle.

Mickey Pretzels!

They COLD AC in the hotel when you go back to wait out the hottest part of the day in July

John

I think for me its a feeling that I am among family. You look around and you know you are among those who "get it". My Disney Family! We may not know eachother but but feel a kindred spirit. Sure there are those who we can pick out of a crowd of thousands......like a sore thumb....that has that sour look on their face. The ones who should have stayed home. But for our family we know we are truly at a place where we are happy.

My Disney family consist of:

The CM at the airport welcomeing you with the big mickey hand for ME

The ME bus driver for what ever reason always seems happier then the rest of the bus drivers.

The CM at the check-in desk. Always so helpful.

Voices of Liberty at Epcot.

My favorite uncle....Piano Bob at POR. My trip wouldnt be complete without seeing Bob. For those of you who have never seen him. You are missing out on one of Disneys best kept secrets.

All my Brazilian nieces and nephews.....LOL

My English cousins who I like to chat with everytime I visit.

Its the people who make it feel like home for me.

bgraham34

I love the Tram ride at the airport, that is when it hits me that I am going to be in Disney.
I also love when I first walk through the doors at Wilderness Lodge and the cold air hits me from the AC.

The tram ride at the airport..

There is a smell at Epcot that I just love to death.. Don't remember where it's at.. Ill be scouting it out in June.

The ride water smell is just... woah.. yeaaaaaa

dumbosgirl13

Reading all of these posts are getting me so excited for our trip in may!! We leave in about a month and it cannot come soon enouugh!! I love the feeling of being in the most magical place in the world where everryone smiles and there's not a care in the world! Have a magical day!

disneysroyal411

The drive down gets me all hyped up for it(18 hours in car!) Then the smell of the polynesian, and then MAIN STREET!!!!!! You guys help a lot though because this site gives me things to look for down there that I might miss.

MillerPoppins

I just remembered another one of my favorites! The "sparkly" sidewalk tiles as you leave Epcot at night. That always makes me happy. Just like I love the lit up trees at the Marketplace and the bushes that play music as you make your way to the bus area at DTD.

KYfriedPanda

we always drive down, and create lots of road trip CD's... each CD has 1 disney song on it as a sort of teaser until we get within 100 miles of disney and play the final CD, which is all disney music... when we pull into the resort, all of our voices are gone from singing loudly (and poorly!)... once at the resort we finalize our plans for the week, which is one of the most fun things to do before that final exciting moment of heading out to the first bus to whichever park we go to first... just thinking about it is giving me some serious withdrawal!!!

dixiegirl

Gotta say the smell...Disney has a smell, not a bad one, ok so possibly the weather has a lot to with it...We go in September, when the mornings as many who go at that tiime of the year know are quite muggy...the air is a little thick , and there is a smell, not bad one but its there....many times even at home we'll go out and say "ooh smells like a disney morning"...Even the kids do it as well ( yes they're brainwashed as well)...although we've been at other times of the year....cooler times and have said the same thing about the smell in the morning!

jeffk410

Original Poster
just got my ME booklet today. This little item just pumped me up so much and made me look forward to my first sight of the bus.

AliceinWhoville

Walking into Adventure Land from the hub, love the music that is played.

Walking through the stores on Main Street

Muppet Vision 3D preshow - so funny love it

have more just cant think of them right now

jeffk410

Original Poster
Walking into Adventure Land from the hub, love the music that is played.

Walking through the stores on Main Street

Muppet Vision 3D preshow - so funny love it

have more just cant think of them right now

I am hoping the pre show isn't changed too much with the new refurbishment!

bluewings

"Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." If I didn't hear that at least once during my trip, I'd be heartbroken

The last couple times I've been at Disney World we didn't need to use the Monorail.......I insist to ride it at least once each trip just to hear that line.

Other strange things I look forward too: Listening to Sonny Eclipse, seeing the first Monorail go by after first entering the property, hearing the music as I approach Tomorrowland, watching the ToT doors open followed by the screams.
My favorite thing though is noticing people who are obviously there for the first time, everyone should get to go to Disney World at least once.

lilfritzy

I love this thread - reading other people's favorite moments makes me look forward to going back!

Some of my favorites:

-Riding Astro Orbitor with my husband. I love the view!
-Watching the Electrical Water Pageant & Wishes from the Polynesian.
-Getting a muffin from the Main Street Bakery on my way down the street
-The smell of Rome burning, gotta steal that one!
-Getting tempura at Teppan Edo
-Trying to pull the sword out of the stone
-The park opening ceremony at MK
-Riding the monorail
-Smelling the orange trees on Soarin

I've been trying to pull that sword out of the stone for 30 years to no avail. :ROFLOL:

lilfritzy

I love the what's happening in the "World" channel in our room. The second we get into our room I have to turn it on then I know I have arrived. I wish I could get that channel at home ! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom