What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

Master Gracey 5

Talking about the wake-up call reminds me. Is it still loud stitch and mickey?

and wow I actually made a semi-successful thread. haha.
I am getting too excited for my next trip.

It was when I was there in November, but I only did one wakeup call - there could be a couple on cycle. Anyone know for certain?

wdwwdeagle

^^^^
I do a wake up call each morning of our vacation. I love hearing Mickey tell me each morning to "have a magical day." What a great way to wake up!

Anyway, we were there two weeks ago, and it was still Stitch and Mickey (7 days of wake up calls). However, Mr. Eagle answered it on the third day, and he swore it was something different -- not Stitch.

From then on, I insisted we put it on speakerphone to listen to the wake up call, because I wanted to hear the "other" one. But no dice. It was always Stitch and Mickey.

I wish they would change it. It's been the same for at least 2 years now, and I'm not a big fan of Stitch.

dumbosgirl13

<> Checking into the resort and walking into your room
<> seeing mickey for the first time
<> counting how many kids i see on leashes (haha):ROFLOL:
<> getting a frozen banana
<> hearing the music on mainstreet!

CANT WAIT

Lord Pheonix

you guys need to stop. your making me go loony.

other then a few hours at the mvmcp last dec, i havent been there since 2006.

god i miss those first 2 weeks in dec.................

jeffk410

Original Poster
<> Checking into the resort and walking into your room
<> seeing mickey for the first time
<> counting how many kids i see on leashes (haha):ROFLOL:
<> getting a frozen banana
<> hearing the music on mainstreet!

CANT WAIT

LOL I love the counting how many kids you see on a leash. Thats hilarious.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
  • Approaching the gates of Epcot and hearing the BGM always gives me chills
  • The sound of strollers going over the bridge into Adventureland making that constant "thudthudthudthudthud" noise
  • The first glimpse of SSE popping out beyond the trees on the bus or monorail
  • Three words: Dole Whip Floats
  • The whistling that starts the CBJ show
  • Always getting slightly nervous about the Alien in GMR (it was MUCH more frightening when I was a kid)
  • Watching the curtains pull back to expose all the screens at Impressions de France
  • The sights and smells inside the Mexico pavillion
Ahhh, I could make this list a mile long... :eek:

disneylemons

I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy person who loves the SMELLS at DW!

Things I love the most...
-monorail ride - the smell and the "please stand clear..."
-smells at the Poly lobby
-the water show at night from the beach
-all the background music - especially at Wilderness Lodge
-seeing all the little ones in their 'ears'... an older ones too!
-popcorn smell at MK

50 days and counting!!! can't wait!!

need2go2wdw

Okay...this thread just makes it SO MUCH WORSE not being there right now! But - I - can't - stay - away - from - message - board....must - put - computer - DOWN!

Oh well, despite my feeble attempts to walk away, here's some more of my favorite "I'm at Disney!" feelings/moments that I look forward to...

* Frozen Lemonade!!
* Cheap, yummy pickles! Disney's most economical snack :slurp:
* Walking the LONG halls to our room at AKL! They are long....:eek:
* Our first bus ride somewhere
* Hearing the music playing at DAK
* Getting our Photopass card and first picture taken :D
* Hearing the voice on the buses telling us we'll be at whatever park shortly
* Floating in the resort pool, looking up at the beautiful hotel and around at all the people on vacation the same time I am in this wonderful place and thinking that I just couldn't be happier :)

need2go2wdw

And of course, the smells!!! I think I said it earlier, but it merits another mention. I'm glad so many people are mentioning that! I always thought I was the only one (well, me and my DH anyway)!

Things I love to smell the most:

*Poly Lobby
*AKL lobby
*WL lobby
*Did I mention I love the smell of WDW resort lobbies?
*Main Street
*Haunted Mansion
*Just outside the Mara near the AKL pool
*The clothing shop at the GF (smells like Tommy Bahama :D)
*Soarin'

jeffk410

Original Poster
haha. I love it. two posts worth great.
Going on my next trip to AKL. Hopefully ill love the smell and itll keep me anticipated for my next trip!

Omnimover

• Hearing the Spaceship Earth Area music. The tune has a strange way of always making me feel optimistic and more than a little introspective, especially when coupled with staring up at the geosphere itself from underneath. I suppose that seems a little "down" for this kind of thread, but it's something I look forward to every trip.
  • Watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach/docks at Fort Wilderness. Haven't had the chance to do this the last couple of trips. Love standing by the trees in a jacket and jeans, nodding to the 10 other people who knew to be there. It plays every night but still feels like a big secret. It's the WDW entertainment speakeasy.
  • Watching the crowd at Indy to pick out the "plant" volunteer. "Nice Hawaiian shirt! Yeah, that guy's going to get beaten up by a girl..."
  • Riding the TTA around Tomorrowland after nightfall.
  • Walking about my resort early in the morning. The cool air, the hushed atmosphere. The environment is simply charged with anticipation. You can almost feel the energy of hundreds of people gearing up for a day of fun. It's exhilarating.

For me, I go in the fall, so around the time they are going to release the fall schedule/hours/rates I check everyday, sometimes twice a day. That is fun for me.

Then on the big day... Booking the trip.

Every few days I go to the Disney World website and note a few places to eat.

Then making my dining reservations.

Every few days after that I go to the Disney site and look for something we haven't done before.

Then I book that event.

Gotta make the countdown calendar for my girls

Every few days I and get on the net and get ideas for custom Disney Outfits .

Sew and embroider the outfits.

Make an itinerary

Then actually go on the trip.

For me 12 days in Disney is a year of prep and I wouldn't have it any other way. Call me strange. :ROFLOL:

Pippa

All these posts are getting me through the next 203 days!!

Aside from all of everyones elses posts I would add......

Epcot, France, Grey Goose Slushie..........enough said!

Nic4Mick

Wow thanks for this thread. I go in 7 days and have been too busy to think about it, but now I'm really excited :D Here are mine:

* Driving under the arch
* Wondering around DTD on our 1st day
* Walking into my old home DAK for the 1st time
* Everything about the monorail, even that strange smell it has
* Popcorn
* Hanging around Epcot after Illuminations, listening to the music and waiting for the crowds to die down
* Watching Streetmosphere characters in DHS
* Wearing shorts and flip flops
* Most of all - heat and sun!

DisGal

A few I forgot to add:

-rubbing Humphrey's nose at the WL

-orange grand marnier slush

-crazy, but I look forward to seeing the towel animals in my room

-stepping out of your hotel room on your first full day at Disney - the best feeling in the world...

Katherine

There is a certain smell that's created from the humid, tropical air and the buses that I always associate with Disney.

The smell of the Ice Cream parlor (mmm.... fresh made waffle cones)

Walking through the gate of any park (I love the chiming sound the ticket readers make)

Taking a deep breath on my first bus ride to a park (probably MK) and really letting it sink in that I'm here and I'm going to have a blast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom