What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

dixiegirl

OHH definatly resort tv..Although its not as good as it use to be I still miss TIP OF THE DAY! Ohh and I love the appliance guy comercials and also love watching the weather Channel and it saying Walt Disney World at the bottom!

There aer so many strange things that we look forward to. I think the top ones for us are:

1. Getting our "welcome home" packet of stuff at check-in. :D

2. The MK loop music :sohappy:

3. The smell inside MCO. Not that it is pleasant, but the smell of that airport makes me realize that we are almost there! :shrug:

4. Grabbing my maps while entering the park. Don't ask me why, but I HAVE to do that every visit at every park. I end up coming home with a zillion maps. :ROFLOL:

There are a lot of not so strange things that we look forward to, but I think everyone has mentioned all of those.

jeffk410

Original Poster
I forgot to check my own thread and missed the past couple ones!!
I agree with both of you, but at the same time MCO is also the ending point... =[

MillerPoppins

My fun has began:

I booked my trip yesterday!:sohappy:

So now the fun begins: making the ADR's, collecting stuff to pack in the suitcases.

I'm doing a Disneyukkah thing with the BF with it being his first trip. He's been getting a gift every month leading up to the trip.

I get so excited planning things out and thinking of what we are going to do everyday.

Walle

Here's a few of my faves:

Standing in just the right spot on the bridge between Tomorrowland and the Castle and having Tinker Bell fly directly over my head during the fireworks show! That just makes me think " I do believe in fairies and Pixie Dust!"

Standing and staring at the seagulls in front of The Living Seas waiting for them to say "Mine, Mine, Mine!" Sometimes I try to encourage them!

Finding a Pirate Tutorial just about to start when I had no idea they were doing one that day. I love Captain Jack and his show!

Looking forward to seeing Figment even though the ride will never be what it used to.

Walking under the train station and going into Main Street is an awesome feeling.

Seeing that beautiful castle after a long time away.

Finally getting on BTM after zig-zagging forever in the line.

The whole speech as BTM gets going that ends with "This here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" Oh Ya!!

Hearing "Dead Men Tell No Tales" on Pirates.

Singing along to "The Laugin' Place" on SM.

I'll add more as I think of them.

I agree the many about the burning of Rome smell! Oh I look forward to that and will be smelling it Friday and Sat!

MagicMegan

I have year passes to PI back about 5 years ago. We took a friend who was visiting with us one night, and when we went through the WDW arches she started screaming bloody murder and yelling "You can't bring me so close and not take me!!!!!" lol

- I always hope that someone freaks out on the ME when we go under the arches. One little girl screamed bloody murder in my ear because she was so excited.
- Making friends with the resort bar tender... it's nice to sit down after a long day and they automatically make my drink without even asking me what I want.
- Riding the boats to and from the resorts and parks.
- The rain... I LOOOOOOVE when it rains! The best/funniest part is the screaming you hear all through the park and in the distance. And the looks I get for standing in the rain with my arms out and face toward the sky.

diddy_mouse

I'm amazed I haven't posted in this thread yet!

Here we go...I look forward to...

• Walking through MCO's main terminal on our way to baggage claim (this includes the trip on the monorail :D)
  • The "Welcome" sign and the first purple directional sign
  • Seeing SSE through the trees when driving to the resort
  • The sound of the Disney Transport pulling up to the bus stop at the resort
  • The sound of the monorail doors opening and closing
  • "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom monorail station!"
  • Walking under the train station and seeing the old attraction posters (something about the original WDW font makes me smile)
  • Hearing the tribal drums on the Adventureland bridge
  • The smell of PotC; it's always our first ride of the trip and cements the fact that I'm at WDW
  • The South Pacific scene on it's a small world
  • Riding BTMR and HM at night
  • "Here we go! Off to Neverland!"
  • Hearing the entrance music at Epcot as we get off the bus or monorail
  • Rome burning on SSE
  • The spray off the Fountain of Nations on a warm day
  • "Ewe are not dee first to pass zees vay.."
  • The background music at the Japan pavillion
  • When Bean Bunny is buzzing like a little bee during Miss Piggy's musical number, always makes me giggle like a little girl
  • The little rush of wind that you feel when leaving the Everest load station to go around the bend then up the lift hill
  • The WL when we come back from the parks at night. The smell of the A/C that rolls out of the lobby as the doors slide open, the serenity of the pool area, the quiet calm of the room knowing that we'll crawl into bed and start things over bright and early the next morning.

*Whew* that was rather long! :lol:

Mikester71

OHH definatly resort tv..Although its not as good as it use to be I still miss TIP OF THE DAY! Ohh and I love the appliance guy comercials and also love watching the weather Channel and it saying Walt Disney World at the bottom!

YES...love these ones too! :sohappy: And I am definitely gonna miss the WDW Top 7 Must Sees loop next year when we head back down. Always had it on in the room as we were getting ready in the mornings. :cry:

ABigBrassBand

Haha I could watch the WDW Top 7 Must Sees loop forever xP, it was always on when we were in the hotel room. Either that or the channel with the retro cartoons.

cowanfamily

The entrance arches
Egg rolls
Smell of Main St bakery
Walking into the resort for the first time. (the look on the faces of those checking out!)
Getting a fastpass for the first time.
Turkey legs
Miss Tilly

smells...it seems to be a consistent theme. WDW has so many distinct smells. Rome in SE, the SM water, the HM smells musty, oranges in Soarin', the smells on the Boardwalk-like the bakery...I could go on. We are from Michigan, and I swear just the smell of Florida air is wonderful. As soon as we step off the plane, I can see my husband relax...and that in itself is heaven. :animwink:

Can't wait till October...

OklaHoops

My BP drops in half when we go to WDW! It is just a wonderful feeling.

My ahh:) moments are:

1. The monorail at the airport
2. Seeing the resorts from the bus
3. Walking under the railroad bridge into Main Street
4. Seeing SSE from the monorail
5. The castle all lit up at night

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

sorcerergoofy

This is an awesome thread!

Hmmm...the things I look forward to most are:

• Seeing the Welcome sign for the first time.
  • Seeing ToT in the distance after passing the Welcome sign.
  • Dinner at DTD on our first night...It's very relaxing.
  • The first view down Main Street.
  • The smell of the Bakery at MK...Heaven on earth!
  • Getting in line for Pirates for the first time.
  • SPLASH MOUNTAIN!
  • Eating a Caesar Salad at Cosmic Ray's.
  • The "cold" feeling you get while on HM.
  • Seeing Obama at HoP!
  • Doing TTA at night to relax.
  • Crying during the Finale of Wishes! :sohappy:
  • The warm air you feel just before you drop on ToT.
  • The AI Experience!
  • The fog in the Alien scene of GMR.
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In
  • Sorcerer Mickey's in Fantasmic! (I watch youtube vids of this all the time!)
  • Being right under SSE.
  • The smell inside SSE.
  • The breeze you feel while riding Soarin'.
  • The smell of burning rubber on Test Track.
  • The trolls on Maelstrom.
  • Dinosaur!
  • Laughing with my family as we are jerked around on Primeval Whirl (This is probably the most fun ride do do as a family, since the cars hold 4!)
  • Eating the Jalapeno Cheese stuffed Pretzel at AK.
  • Hoping that I don't get wet on Kali! :D
  • That bittersweet "last" moment in the park when you know you are gong home the next day. :cry:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Driving under the gates. Sounds stupid but once I hit WDW property every care and concern of the real world goes away.
What a good thing too.

All the on-board, queue and park audio that I have already, but there just isnt anything like hearing it in the parks or on attractions. I guess it would be like being on an attraction with out the audio. Obviously, they are so much better together.

zurgandfriend

Riding the DME from the airport, being on property, looking up and seeing the Monorail for the first time every trip.
Please stand clear of the doors.
The funky smelling and tasting water.
Standing at the end of Main Street and looking up the street to the castle.
Pretzel rolls and beer at the Biergarten, always our first night dinner location.
A cast member upon seeing my Red Sox hat asking “What part of New England are you from?” Followed by we’re originally from X.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom