What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

wdwwdeagle

• Walking about my resort early in the morning. The cool air, the hushed atmosphere. The environment is simply charged with anticipation. You can almost feel the energy of hundreds of people gearing up for a day of fun. It's exhilarating.

What a wonderful description! I love this feeling too, but haven't been able to put it into words. Thanks for a great explanation.

forevermickey

Wow! Great thread! Where do you begin and end with that question?!
Getting off the plane in the Orlando airport and seeing the Disney Store and taking a picture with Snow White's statue, getting our rent-a- car and waiting in anticipation to see signs that say "Disney World 2 miles", walking into your hotel room with butterflies in your stomach because you can't wait to get into the park. Getting off the Ferry or monarail and seeing the entrance to the MK and the train station - as you get closer hearing the music from main street- walking under the train station hardly able to breath because you can't believe your here again!
All the smells and sounds and sights- would take at least and hour to type!
Great thread!

Mstr Gra-c

- The tram to baggage claim at MCO.
- Seeing my first palm tree of the trip.
- The smell of the Poly Lobby...my favorite Disney smell!
- This is an odd one I know...but I like to play with the lizards in the landscaping. We have only salamanders in Michigan and they are FAR more elusive than the lizards in Southern states.
- The mornings...full of promise and excitement.

glee

Disney world bagels?? hmm i am trying to think If I ever have had one? :veryconfu

Its not the fact that disney bagels are anything special it is just the fact that i have one on the very first day of vacation in the magic kingdom. :):sohappy:

mickey2008.1

1.Checking the weather weeks before i go nad hoping its going to be warm in mid december.
2.Checking this site to see what will be closed
3.Walking out the doors to ME and feeling the sun/heat
4.We pick our feet up when we going under the arches to enter, kind of like not stepping on a crack for bad luck.
5. The taxi ride to the gas station to get our beer and snacks for the room
6.Seeing our resort for the first time. checking out the pool.
7.Booking our next trip when we leave

yankspy

The first look down Main St. at MK. The smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth. I swear sprite taste better down there, too!
That is freaky because I have been saying that for years. It is the only place where I order it. It just seems more refreshing.

As far as other things, I look forward to the monorail, walking around MK or Epcot at night, sweets, buying useless souvenirs, and not having to cook anything. We usually stay in villas with full kitchens but I am the only one who refuses to eat anything in the room.

NX2I85

- strolling around the Poly amid the tiki torches at night
- shopping at World of Disney in DtD (since all our Disney Stores near me closed)
- seeing the peg-leg pirate's prints on the "rolling gangplank" at PotC
- Big Al!
- hearing "Promising Tomorrows"
- "steam" surrounding the trains on Everest
- watching Wishes from Poly Beach
- Citizens of Hollywood
- fried chicken for Sunday lunch at 50's Primetime Cafe'

Erin_Akey

Mine are silly.
Getting the key to the kingdom card with my name on it.
Parking my car and knowing for the next week i do not have to drive anywhere except Test Track. ;)
Filling my resort mug with yummy coffee that first morning.
Riding Soarin' and smelling the oranges
Walking through the area behind Le Cellier in Canada where the waterfall is and sneaking a kiss from my hubby!
Having the frozen Grey Goose Lemon slush in FRance
Driving under the gateway to the property and leaving my job, and all cares behind and being a kid for a week.
Watching the channel in the room that tells about all the rides and attractions etc.
Having that AMAZING juice that is a mix of mango, pineapple, and orange at Ohana and also at Tusker House for breakfast.
Singing along to the song in Carousel of Progress (yes i am a geek)
TRYING TO FINALLY BEAT MY HUSBAND ON BUZZ LIGHTYEAR EVEN THOUGH I NEVER EVER HAVE! (i still say he cheats!)

Ahhhh the simple things in life.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Why not :shrug:

I've been to universl a couple times, and im not saying this because I am obsessed with Disney, but I just hated the place. Im not sure if I will ever go back. I had terrible experiences w. pretty much everything from food to service, and cleanliness. Been about 3 times, but maybe someday ill have myself see potter.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Mine are silly.
Getting the key to the kingdom card with my name on it.
Parking my car and knowing for the next week i do not have to drive anywhere except Test Track. ;)
Filling my resort mug with yummy coffee that first morning.
Riding Soarin' and smelling the oranges
Walking through the area behind Le Cellier in Canada where the waterfall is and sneaking a kiss from my hubby!
Having the frozen Grey Goose Lemon slush in FRance
Driving under the gateway to the property and leaving my job, and all cares behind and being a kid for a week.
Watching the channel in the room that tells about all the rides and attractions etc.
Having that AMAZING juice that is a mix of mango, pineapple, and orange at Ohana and also at Tusker House for breakfast.
Singing along to the song in Carousel of Progress (yes i am a geek)
TRYING TO FINALLY BEAT MY HUSBAND ON BUZZ LIGHTYEAR EVEN THOUGH I NEVER EVER HAVE! (i still say he cheats!)

Ahhhh the simple things in life.

Wow I am so glad you just talked about the juice from ohana. I have not had it in ages, but am going to tusker house on my next trip. I did not know they had it ! now I am excited.

paul mex

When the guy at the airport parking lot hands over them keys and knowing where that cars going to be taking me and my family!!! I just love that feeling for the next 2 weeks (even if the steering wheel is on the different side :ROFLOL:
And the worst bit is taking it back :(

pixiesteno

For me it is a gradual build of excitment:

the first "Pedro" sign in NC
Spainish Moss in the trees in SC
smell of the salt marshes in SC and GA
yeah, we made it through Jacksonville (preferrably at about 10:30 at night)
I4 West coming up just after the Large Harley shop in Daytona
Route 417 and counting the toll booths until Osceola Parkway
Tears going under the arch
ah, the land of purple and red road signs
check-in
good-bye world of reality....

DiPSU224

Would "Getting away from these boards for a couple of weeks while I actually enjoy WDW instead of discussing it?" be too cruel?

I love spotting things that have just been talked about on the boards!

-Some others have mentioned looking forward to that humidity that just hits you in the face the first time you exit the airport. I LOVE it!

-Love the walk early in the morning to the food courts to fill our mugs. The day is so new and full of the promise of a full day in the parks.

-The first time I hear the BGM of Tomorrowland. It's my favorite loop and I listen to it all the time. I stop, close my eyes and appreciate the moment of being there.

-It seems silly, but I love just meandering through the parks and taking in the sights and sounds. Since we've been so many times, it's not about running from FP to FP, but soaking it all in....sitting down and enjoying a churro while listening to the Adventureland BGM or sitting with a Mickey Premium and hearing the distant sound of screaming and the water cannons going off at Splash....

MillerPoppins

* Riding the "mini monorail" at the Orlando Airport. It just makes it seem official that I'm in Florida.
*Seeing all the Disney attraction billboards on the ride from the airport and on property*
*Comparing the location of our room this time to past times-pros/cons*
*Getting Mickey Waffles!!*
*Getting Pineapple Dole Whips!*
*Seeing DTD at night-there's just something about walking around there and hearing all the Disney music playing.*
*The monorail and the voice!*:sohappy:

God I want to go now!!!!!!

ABigBrassBand

* Riding the "mini monorail" at the Orlando Airport. It just makes it seem official that I'm in Florida.
*Seeing all the Disney attraction billboards on the ride from the airport and on property*

*Getting Mickey Waffles!!*

These three perfectly fit my family. My little brother is always like "Jake, this is our first monorail ride! :D"

And also the billboards, we always put them in order which ones we will ride first and last, etc. And we loved the Mickey waffles so much, on a trip to NYC we went to the Disney store and bought our own maker!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom