What Are Some Have To Try Foods At WDW????

Phonedave

Yeah, but there's off topic (or thread drift) and there's :hammer:.

in all honestey, this drift was not too bad. At least it still had food involved in it.

Try bringing up something about a refurb or maintainence issues, watch where THOSE run off to. :)

-dave

elisatonks

Guess I'll need to take a trip to the UK then.

or visit cookes of dublin at downtown disney for fish and chips, i always satify my craving for a good old fish and chips there rather than epcot as they are 100% better and remind me of the chippy near my mum and dad's house back in Manchester, England!!

Many good things to eat at the World but a few of our favorites include:

Rice Cream at pastry shop in Norway

Crab cakes and fried shrimp appetizers at Narcoossees!

Cheese soup at LeCellier

Turkey leg at MGM(Studios,,, my bad)

Cheese danish at pastry shop at the Studios

vanilla shake from the little shop next to Snow whites scary adventure MK.

Beignets from POFQ

Enjoy!!

disneypearl

My ultimate must have in all of WDW is from the patisserie in France at the World Showcase. The napoleon they have there is awesome! :slurp:

PixieMagicMom

Tonga Toast @ Kona Cafe -Polynesian Resort

Grapefruit Cake @ The Brown Derby -Hollywood Studios

Pineapple Dole Whip Soft serve @ Aventureland in MK across from Swiss Family Treehouse.

Mickey Waffles found @ almost any eat out in Dinsey for breakfast.

Don't forget to experience BOMA @ AKL and Marrakesh @ Epcot

Phonedave

Alright, I'll bite... what's a lefse at Disney? I google'd it but got nowhere.

Lefse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lefse

Is a Norwegian "tortilla" - Having said that, its nothing like a tortilla :)

It is a potato starch based batter, that is cooked on a griddle. Quite frankly I find it a royal pain to make. Think much crusing and many burnt fingertips :). It is very thin and soft.

There are many many ways to eat it - it is a sort of bread after all. However in the bakery in Norway they butter it, sprinkle it with sugar and cinnimon, and roll it up.

They have it stacked up in a cold case at WDW. It is good, but it is so much better when its made fresh in front of you. But that would just be crazy to try and impliment in WDW.

It's nothing crazy or wild tasting like pickled herring in cream sauce. It's basicly buttered flat bread with cinnimon and sugar. Give it a try.

-dave

Aurora15

• Napoleons at the French Bakery

• Rice Crispy Treats from Main St. Bakery

• most anything from Mexican Pavilion is pretty good, and filling

• they used to have frozen, chocolate covered bananas at the cool post in Epcot, but last time I was there they didn't have any :(
  • Chef Mickey's breakfast buffet

DisneysRedHead

Everyone always says try the Dole Whip, which while I think tastes good, is not my favorite in comparison to the Citrus Swirl (Sunshine Tree Terrace) which is also available in Adventureland right near the Tiki room and is next to Aladdin's Magic Carpets. I think they taste amazing and I reccomend trying that as well as a Dole Whip :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Alright, I'll bite... what's a lefse at Disney? I google'd it but got nowhere.

I was going to respond but Phone Dave did a superb job already! It really is nothing out-of-this-world, but it's more nostalgic for me since I've always gotten it when I visit. PLus, I do like the taste...not really sweet, but just subtle enough.

justdru

It's nothing crazy or wild tasting like pickled herring in cream sauce. It's basicly buttered flat bread with cinnimon and sugar. Give it a try.

Since I was a kid, the taste of cinnamon has made me sick at my stomach. Even to this day there's very few things I can eat with it! I'll give it a shot, maybe!

WishIWasAtWDW

mmmm :slurp: this thread is making me hungry... some of my must haves

hot dogs from casey's corner (i know you can get hot dogs anywhere but disney's are just so much better)
churros
chef mickey's breakfast with mickey waffles

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom