What Are Some Have To Try Foods At WDW????

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
As far as must haves, I only have one, chocolate bundt cake at the main street bakery. I can not go to disney and not get at least one.

EPCOTPluto

Napoleon and Ham & Cheese Croissant - France Pavilion :slurp:
The Reuben - Sci Fi Dine In Theater :slurp:
Pineapple Float - Aloha Isle, Adventureland :slurp:
2/1/09 Brunch - Crystal Palace :slurp:
Mickey's Premium - Everywhere (was there a different version before this one? No chocolate cover?)

kapeman

Pretzel bread from Le Cellier (or any of their bread, really)

Grey Goose Lemon Drink in France

The Blue Raspberry drink from Peevey's in DHS

Zebra Domes at AKL (also, can you get these without dining at Boma?)

The cheesecake-like dessert at the Captain's Grille in the Yacht Club!!!

NewfieFan

The point in saying this is?...:shrug:

I let my daughter eat whatever she wants..pizza, hamburgers, chips, chocolate..for breakfast, lunch, dinner..and I dare you to tell me that she will eat if I do not give her what she wants...for 3 years she had a feeding tube and for 2 and a half years she would only use the feeding tube and nothing by mouth..so once we got her to eat by mouth we did not care what it was as long as she ate and gained weight on it and we finally got rid of the feeding tube...

So, if for the rest of her life she eats pizza and chicken nuggets so be it..and if we would try to get her to eat something else and she does not want to well you know what..I will make or go out and get her what she wants...happily!

Oh, and I discipline her..if she is sassy or does not share she is appropriately disciplined..but never for her food choices..we came way too far for that..

Until you are a parent you really should not try to act like you know how to parent..:wave:

Well, I guess your situation is kind of an exception! You had a hard run and as a result you have no "drive" (don't know if that's the right word) to force you child to eat different foods. That's fine... that's your situation! But for the most part... most children will eat different foods if they are exposed to them and the parents don't give into what the child wants. A child is only going to be able to eat what's put in front of them... until they get old enough to turn on the stove themselves. And if broccoli is put in front of them enough times they will eat it.

Yes, I am a parent... and my children do eat healthy and do try new foods. I take pride in this... I know it's because in our house we try new foods and eat healthy foods regularly! We have set the example for them! Have they had picky days? Yes! Have they had days where they refused food? Yes! But I don't give in... the same food will show up on their plate another day... and eventually they end up eating it!
Parenting is hard work and how you choose to feed your children is your personal decision. Nobody should look down on the way you feed your children or what you feed your children... but I still agree with Gorjus that children will eat healthy or different foods eventually if you don't give into their "wants"!

jen2009

Of course I also have to add Dole Whips.

Ohana's-pineapple bread, need I say more:slurp:

Epcot-France pastry shop, just thinking about the place makes my mouth water.

POFQ-beignets, the powdery goodness.

MK-popcorn, I do not know what it is about it, but it is a must. The only place I get popcorn ever.

giant rice krispy treat from mainstreet bakery.

Yachtsman-there scallops app. is so good.

Beaches and Cream- one tall vanilla milkshake to split with someone while walking around the boardwalk.:)

maggiegrace1

Well, I guess your situation is kind of an exception! You had a hard run and as a result you have no "drive" (don't know if that's the right word) to force you child to eat different foods. That's fine... that's your situation! But for the most part... most children will eat different foods if they are exposed to them and the parents don't give into what the child wants. A child is only going to be able to eat what's put in front of them... until they get old enough to turn on the stove themselves. And if broccoli is put in front of them enough times they will eat it.

Yes, I am a parent... and my children do eat healthy and do try new foods. I take pride in this... I know it's because in our house we try new foods and eat healthy foods regularly! We have set the example for them! Have they had picky days? Yes! Have they had days where they refused food? Yes! But I don't give in... the same food will show up on their plate another day... and eventually they end up eating it!
Parenting is hard work and how you choose to feed your children is your personal decision. Nobody should look down on the way you feed your children or what you feed your children... but I still agree with Gorjus that children will eat healthy or different foods eventually if you don't give into their "wants"!
I disagree that they will eat it if it is put in front of them enough times..My teacher in 3rd grade would put green beans in front of me every day and make me miss recess because I would not eat them..to this day I will not eat them..

I also did not understand the whole point of Gorjus saying what she said in this thread when it had no relevence to the topic...and she is not a parent and really has no right in saying how people should raise their children.

I think that people should allow their children to eat whatever they want..:shrug: regardless of the circumstance.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think that people should allow their children to eat whatever they want..:shrug: regardless of the circumstance.

I find it hard to believe you actually mean that. I almost fell down laughing when I read it so i'm sure it must be a joke. And a very funny one at that.

maggiegrace1

I find it hard to believe you actually mean that. I almost fell down laughing when I read it so i'm sure it must be a joke. And a very funny one at that.
Why? unless it is one where they are allergic to it or something then of course they should not be allowed..but I personally think they should be able to eat what they want..my opinion..

DDuckFan130

Tye-dye cheesecake from Pop Century
Grand Marnier Orange Slushie from France
Cloudberry Horn from the Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe :slurp:

Too many good foods to name I think :lookaroun

As for that other topic, we had a conversation about this last week. In our Latino households, we all experienced the same thing: "this is what mom cooked. You can either eat it, or you won't be eating anything."

Sure enough, the picky kids did not eat. But this is how I came to adore beef tongue :lookaroun I just grew up with certain foods. We either ate it or starved. There was no way the picky kids would be catered to...that's just laughable :lol: :lookaroun

macsmom

My son, who is now 26, would eat the same things everyday. He just would not eat anything new. I even bribed him once with a $50 bill if he would just TASTE something (can't remember what it was). But, he wouldn't. This went on for years....until he met a girl. Now, he is not afraid to try different things and if he does not like it, he won't eat it again. But, my point is, some kids just won't eat things no matter what you do. So, I let him eat whatever he wanted. To this day, he still loves ham sandwiches. And, he is healthy, smart and good looking! I had to say that, I'm his mom. :D

danna

NewfieFan

I disagree that they will eat it if it is put in front of them enough times..My teacher in 3rd grade would put green beans in front of me every day and make me miss recess because I would not eat them..to this day I will not eat them..

I also did not understand the whole point of Gorjus saying what she said in this thread when it had no relevence to the topic...and she is not a parent and really has no right in saying how people should raise their children.

I respectfully disagree... it is parents job to care for their children and this includes their diet. It has been proven that diet habits learned as a child usually continue into adulthood. I would never allow my children to eat what they want when they want. Sure, they have treats, chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. and all the other yummy foods out there but it has to be balanced with the healthy stuff as well! I want to know I did my part when they were under my care... now if when they go to university or leave home and all they eat is "junk"... then oh well, I tried and now they are old enough to make their own decisions. Children are not old enough to make food choices at a young age!
Again, I'm not looking down on you for your diet choices for your child(ren). You do what's best for your child in your situation.
And I still stand behind the fact that most (notice I said "most") children will eat what's put in front of them eventually. Sometimes it has to do with the way it's presented to them. I've NEVER pressured my children to eat anything... I put it in front of them and if they don't eat it, then that's fine. But the same food will show up on their plates again... and like I said before, they eventually eat it... and like it!!! I guess you're the exception to the rule again! Maybe if green beans had been presented to you in a more nonstressful way... you might be a lover of green beans today! :shrug:

But this is way off topic... so I'll let everyone get back to discussing all the foods (healthy and nonhealthy) they have to have at WDW.

I have to have a Citrus Swirl (which is now found at Aloha Isle)!!!:slurp:

Phonedave

Yes yes yes.

Of course, as you said, there are going to be exceptions - be it medical or otherwise, but showing children that there are new things to try in ALL aspects of life is somthing I feel very strongly about.

I expect my kids to try things, be it foods, activites, sports, entertainment, or anything else. They don't have to like it, and if they don't then I am not going to force them to do it, but I do expect them to try.

My 10 y/o is very excited about our cruise the summer because she knows that all the meals are included in the price, and that if she does not like somthing she can ask for something else. She is looking foward to trying different food.

Bringing it back around to Disney foods. She also keeps talking about wanting to order duck at Le France. Since most childrens menus stop at 10, she orders off the adult menu now, and a whole new world has been opened to her.

-dave

WDW_Jon

Thought this was to list Must try foods in WDW!

NOT our differing opinions on how to raise our kids!

If you are comfortable with the foods that your child will eat then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, whether it be healthy choices or not.

(In all honesty.... I don't remember too many healthy foods in WDW anyway!) :hammer:

TxNewsies

Any trip my DH and I take, it does revolve food in some sort of way. Trying different restruants, finding food we love! WDW is one of the greatest places to do so! My MUST have while at WDW.

Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich
Mickey Rice Krispie
Mickey Waffle (I have a Mickey theme going on)

Each trip, my DH and I love eatting in a different country then the year before. It's fun trying the different foods!

NewfieFan

Thought this was to list Must try foods in WDW!

NOT our differing opinions on how to raise our kids!

If you are comfortable with the foods that your child will eat then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, whether it be healthy choices or not.

(In all honesty.... I don't remember too many healthy foods in WDW anyway!) :hammer:

Get use to it... every thread around here gets off topic!:rolleyes::animwink:

Phonedave

Get use to it... every thread around here gets off topic!:rolleyes::animwink:

It's called the internet :D

However ...

There are not many foods in WDW that are "must do's" for me.

There are a lot that I enjoy, but none that I rush to get. I noticed a lot of the ones on this list are snack type foods. I wonder why that is. For a while one of my guilty pleasures at WDW was the Figaro Fries - so nasty, so bad for you, and yet somehow so good. Also one of the best deals as far as filling you up for a low price is concerned.

I also like the "Rice Krispie treats" (I dont think they use the brand Rice Krispies - I believe its a "crisped rice and marshmallow treat". I think I fool myself with them because they are low fat :)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom