Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 ToyotasšŸ˜)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

littleroo

Original Poster
I just got back from my 10-night Disney World vacation last night.
I started following yours at the beginning, but of course my trip got in the way.
So glad to see what you've been doing the last 11 days, and glad you seem to have had a great time!!!
I certainly did too!
And now it's time to start thinking about the next one and start a new countdown!View attachment 725491

Cheers!!! Enjoy the end of your vacation!!
I looked for you but figured we were going in opposite directions! Feel free to insert any of your thoughts here. Hopefully we can do a countdown together again!

littleroo

Original Poster
Good Morning! Today will be busy again unlike yesterday. After, we left Disney Springs, Cam, Brin and Denny went for a swim. They lasted about an hour before it thundered and the pool closed down.
20230620_175416.jpg

Den and I made a drink and sat at the table pondering what to do next. I grabbed a deck of cards and started shuffling. This turned into hours of teaching Cam and Hunter the fine art of various poker games with quarters.
20230620_202934.jpg

We had a blast and laughed at the boys antics. They loved being the dealer and calling the wild card or making up their own rules. Hunter made a rule that you had to speak with an accent whenever you spoke. Seriously one of the best nights of the trip.
mel gibson poker GIF

We eventually ended up playing a long game of 31 so Brin could participate. I won just for the record!
Winner Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Today, we are off to HS. Brin is very excited for her daddy/daughter lunch at Hollywood Vine. She even bought "special " ears with her own
money. The boys and I are eating at Prime time.
Den is under instruction to take lots of pictures!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Good Morning! Today will be busy again unlike yesterday. After, we left Disney Springs, Cam, Brin and Denny went for a swim. They lasted about an hour before it thundered and the pool closed down.View attachment 725553
Den and I made a drink and sat at the table pondering what to do next. I grabbed a deck of cards and started shuffling. This turned into hours of teaching Cam and Hunter the fine art of various poker games with quarters. View attachment 725554
We had a blast and laughed at the boys antics. They loved being the dealer and calling the wild card or making up their own rules. Hunter made a rule that you had to speak with an accent whenever you spoke. Seriously one of the best nights of the trip.
mel gibson poker GIF

We eventually ended up playing a long game of 31 so Brin could participate. I won just for the record!
Winner Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Today, we are off to HS. Brin is very excited for her daddy/daughter lunch at Hollywood Vine. She even bought "special " ears with her own
money. The boys and I are eating at Prime time.
Den is under instruction to take lots of pictures!
Look for us!

littleroo

Original Poster
Hunter, Cam and I are at Prime time while Den and Brin are next door at Hollywood and Vine. Brin is so wound up to meet Minnie.

I was very focused as we approached the restaurant when Tuvalu and Woody were there! For those of you that have not met them, they are even better in person! I enjoyed our short time together tremendously and appreciate her efforts in finding usā¤ I wish we had more time together before the reservations. I am sure we will meet again! Happy Anniversary and don't forget to say hi to Em for me!
IMG_5381.jpg

cgersic

Hunter, Cam and I are at Prime time while Den and Brin are next door at Hollywood and Vine. Brin is so wound up to meet Minnie.

I was very focused as we approached the restaurant when Tuvalu and Woody were there! For those of you that have not met them, they are even better in person! I enjoyed our short time together tremendously and appreciate her efforts in finding usā¤ I wish we had more time together before the reservations. I am sure we will meet again! Happy Anniversary and don't forget to say hi to Em for me!View attachment 725586
Yay!!!! Love your shoes @Tuvalu

littleroo

Original Poster
I had a great time with the boys at lunch and Den and Brin definitely had a magical time together!
20230621_115434.jpg
20230621_121053.jpg
20230621_122558.jpg

Dennis the MenacešŸ¤£ We all got a kick out of this!
20230621_122454.jpg
20230621_122446.jpg

Food and milkshakes were on point and the price point actually matched the product! Shh! We will back! Cam kept telling Hunter to get his elbows off the table. The male servers did a great job of acting up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom