WDW's non-MK parks' identities fading?

EPCOT Explorer

Exactly!

Is it futuristic-just a little.

Does it fit-yes

EPCOT is to be futuristic,entertain and inform. EVERYTHING should entertain,but not everything needs to be futuristic AND Educational. As long as it serves the purpose somehow.
But then it clashes with the theme. Which is gratingly apparant, especially for a company like WDW and WDI that makes things work.

I would actually put cohesiveness of theme before educating, informing and entertaining.:shrug:

WDW Vacationer

But then it clashes with the theme. Which is gratingly apparant, especially for a company like WDW and WDI that makes things work.

I would actually put cohesiveness of theme before educating, informing and entertaining.:shrug:
Read the EPCOT Center dedication:
May EPCOT center entertain, inform, and inspire, and above all may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere.

Figment632

Yes, I know that, of all people!:rolleyes::lol: But to do that mindlessly? Just plunk down attractions that do those things without regard for what's around it? That won't work either.

That's what's so interesting about EPCOT. It's a VERY delicate balance.

Evan we are waisting our breath, if after all this they still don't get that Nemo Doesnt belong in FUTURE WORLD they never will!

WDW Vacationer

Yes, I know that, of all people!:rolleyes::lol: But to do that mindlessly? Just plunk down attractions that do those things without regard for what's around it? That won't work either.

That's what's so interesting about EPCOT. It's a VERY delicate balance.
Ok,so based off of your argument,JII does not fit into FW. Isn't that one of the most beloved attractions of yesteryear?

EPCOT has always and still does maintain a delicate balance.

EPCOT Explorer

Ok,so based off of your argument,JII does not fit into FW. Isn't that one of the most beloved attractions of yesteryear?

EPCOT has always and still does maintain a delicate balance.
The current one? Nope. I admit that it doesn't. There's no Future there either. Nor does TT, for that matter.

Now...JII of Yesteryear? Yes. To borrow the line from SSE, "it was inventing the future one step at a time"...but with imagination. See the science scenes. See the Imageworks. See the setting, a retro futursitic "Dream Port".

Nothing is exact, I give you that. Even the old JII is a loose fit....However, it still just seems like some current FW attractions were not even conceptualized for a futuristic setting. It feels tacked in, and randomly.

WDW Vacationer

The current one? Nope. I admit that it doesn't. There's no Future there either. Nor does TT, for that matter.

Now...JII of Yesteryear? Yes. To borrow the line from SSE, "it was inventing the future one step at a time"...but with imagination. See the science scenes. See the Imageworks. See the setting, a retro futursitic "Dream Port".

Nothing is exact, I give you that. Even the old JII is a loose fit....However, it still just seems like some current FW attractions were not even conceptualized for a futuristic setting. It feels tacked in, and randomly.
Does the seas seem tacked on-yes. But it fits just as well as the original Imagination.

What other attractions don't fit?

EPCOT Explorer

Does the seas seem tacked on-yes. But it fits just as well as the original Imagination.

What other attractions don't fit?
The Dreamfinder called....He is insulted.:lookaroun:lol:

I really don't see how TSwNaF fits like JII fits, thematically. On principles and ideals, yes, I do see that. But thematically? How? Really? A original and immersible and utterly fantastic visual and thoughtful experience versus a brief "adventure" through the Seas. (I will admit, it is good show) and some educational snippets. Explain, please, Tyler.:wave:

Not fitting? Only three...TT, JII, and of course, Nemo. (thematically speaking. They all entertain well. Inspire? Maybe. And educate...Well, depends on what you want to listen to.

WDW Vacationer

I really don't see how TSwNaF fits like JII fits, thematically. On principles and ideals, yes, I do see that. But thematically? How? Really? A original and immersible and utterly fantastic visual and thoughtful experience versus a brief "adventure" through the Seas. (I will admit, it is good show) and some educational snippets. Explain, please, Tyler.:wave:

Not fitting? Only three...TT, JII, and of course, Nemo. (thematically speaking. They all entertain well. Inspire? Maybe. And educate...Well, depends on what you want to listen to.
The Seas is equally as immersible. The whole pavillion is based off 1 set of characters as is Imagination.

To the second part of your post,that is what I've been saying. As long as it does one of those things it is ok! Could some things be better backed up?-Yes. But they DO fit somehow and EPCOT has not lost its identity as it entertains,informs and inspires. Also it is meant to evolve,which it has done nad is a good thing.

WDW Vacationer

Just want to make it clear that I do love the original,don't get me wrong.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

The Seas is equally as immersible. The whole pavillion is based off 1 set of characters as is Imagination.

To the second part of your post,that is what I've been saying. As long as it does one of those things it is ok! Could some things be better backed up?-Yes. But they DO fit somehow and EPCOT has not lost its identity as it entertains,informs and inspires. Also it is meant to evolve,which it has done nad is a good thing.
I won't argue that the Seas are not Immersive . Immersible...That involves water, ironically enough.:lol: However, the illusion of being under water is gone, a shame. It would have helped.

As long as it does one of those things!?!? Nope. Not in my book. I look for something better than that. One thing is too easy. It's like cross referencing in research, or in a debate. Why not tie something together better and more thoroughly? That's what USED to be done, not only in EPCOT, but across the board of WDI and Walt Disney Productions. If we use that "one of those things" mentality, we could theoretically plop down a Storybook Castle in FW East as part of WoL , have Aurora talk to us about the importance of getting a nightly 8 hours of sleep. :lookaroun:lol: Fits the message of health...entertains...informs....but the theme?:shrug: Won't work. I see the same with Nemo.

WDW Vacationer

I won't argue that the Seas are not Immersive . Immersible...That involves water, ironically enough.:lol: However, the illusion of being under water is gone, a shame. It would have helped.

As long as it does one of those things!?!? Nope. Not in my book. I look for something better than that. One thing is too easy. It's like cross referencing in research, or in a debate. Why not tie something together better and more thoroughly? That's what USED to be done, not only in EPCOT, but across the board of WDI and Walt Disney Productions. If we use that "one of those things" mentality, we could theoretically plop down a Storybook Castle in FW East as part of WoL , have Aurora talk to us about the importance of getting a nightly 8 hours of sleep. :lookaroun:lol: Fits the message of health...entertains...informs....but the theme?:shrug: Won't work. I see the same with Nemo.
Have you been in the queue?

WDW Vacationer

:brick: Of course. Yes..THAT works. But the old TLS? Did you go into SeaBase?

That felt real.

Now, you go into the Pavilion, feel underwater, take a clammobile, and bang....Sun.:shrug:

That wasn't the point of my post, though.:lookaroun
Well,thre is not much I can say to that part. I think you are stretching to defend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom