WDW's non-MK parks' identities fading?

EPCOT Explorer

Kind of. I guess. It's more of a rehash of the movie to me, so I don't think so.

Coffee hasn't set in, so I need to think a bit more. I'm certain I can Imagineer a way to make you happy with Nemo at TLC. :D

I need Coffee, too...:lol: Too expensive on campus, though.:brick:

Imagineer a way OUT. :lookaroun:lol: And besides, we already thought of one. Techy and adventurous SeaBase Pav with a "node" or "unit" for Nemo and Turtle Talk.:D

EPCOT Explorer

jakeman

Gee...Kinda like a non futuristic attraction in a land themed to the future.
:lookaroun:D

This is a two way street, Jake. :lol:
Yes and no. Yours is a nebulous idea of what Epcot should be. I've already describe various ways the pavilion uses advanced technology. In your opinion, they don't cut it.

But...

Crush is a freaking turtle, that lives under the freaking water! How can that fit anywhere else in Disney better than a pavilion dedicated to freaking animals that live under the freaking water! :ROFLOL:

This is seriously like suggesting moving Lights, Motor, Action to Safaris, because you know, they both use vehicles to get the job done...:p

EPCOT Explorer

Yes and no. Yours is a nebulous idea of what Epcot should be. I've already describe various ways the pavilion uses advanced technology. In your opinion, they don't cut it.

But...

Crush is a freaking turtle, that lives under the freaking water! How can that fit anywhere else in Disney better than a pavilion dedicated to freaking animals that live under the freaking water! :ROFLOL:

This is seriously like suggesting moving Lights, Motor, Action to Safaris, because you know, they both use vehicles to get the job done...:p

Projections are advanced tech? :shrug: It doesn't have to use that, it should be about that, and the role tech will have in the Seas.:shrug:

(IMHO...and based on original EPCOT ideals...bla bla bla:lookaroun)

And that's just the thing. Animals can have a role in that, but not be the main role. The Pavilion, as all EPCOT pavilions are about US. bout HUMANS in the future. Again, "where we are going, and where we have been". Animals only back that up.

You want Animals? That's all DAK!:wave:

jakeman

Projections are advanced tech? :shrug: It doesn't have to use that, it should be about that, and the role tech will have in the Seas.:shrug:
We are talking in circles. Turtle Talk is still pretty advanced still.

Why can't advanced technology be used to educate and inspire that way?

Have you ever considered that Sea tech just isn't exiciting nor is it advancing at a rate that will either contribute to mankind or provides tangible concepts for a pavilion?

And that's just the thing. Animals can have a role in that, but not be the main role. The Pavilion, as all EPCOT pavilions are about US. bout HUMANS in the future. Again, "where we are going, and where we have been". Animals only back that up.

You want Animals? That's all DAK!:wave:
Come on, Evan. This is a perfect example of your dogmatic and narrow approach to Epcot.

"Inform, Entertain and Inspire, unless I don't like it, then it needs to be futuristic, unless I don't like that, then it needs to be about humans only."

Additionally, saying that the Seas aren't about fish is like saying the Land isn't about plants. It just doesn't work that way. It is also discrediting the conservation message that involves people that is still present in the pavilion.

Mr.EPCOT

a pavilion dedicated to freaking animals that live under the freaking water! :ROFLOL:

See, that's the real core of the problem, the pavilion is supposed to be about how humans explore the oceans, and the technology we use to do it. You don't go over to The Land, and get some cutesy presentation just about plants, what kinds there are, how they grow, etc., you get to see what we're doing to grow and harvest them better, and what we're doing to live harmoniously with The Land overall. Even Soarin', as debatable of a fit as it might be with the pavilion, showcases our relationship with a variety of landscapes.

Over at The Seas now, you go on a cute ride that's a rehash of a movie, see an aquarium, laugh at some familiar cartoon characters, and maybe learn something about fish. Maybe Nemo wouldn't be so bad if he was helping us explore the latest in submarine technology and other new underwater tools.

mcjaco

Have you ever considered that Sea tech just isn't exiciting nor is it advancing at a rate that will either contribute to mankind or provides tangible concepts for a pavilion?

That's the real issue. Sea Base Alpha was boring for today's GP.

is a perfect example of your dogmatic and narrow approach to Epcot.

"Inform, Entertain and Inspire, unless I don't like it, then it needs to be futuristic, unless I don't like that, then it needs to be about humans only."

:ROFLOL:

See, that's the real core of the problem, the pavilion is supposed to be about how humans explore the oceans, and the technology we use to do it. You don't go over to The Land, and get some cutesy presentation just about plants, what kinds there are, how they grow, etc., you get to see what we're doing to grow and harvest them better, and what we're doing to live harmoniously with The Land overall.

Except your forgetting about the Circle of Life movie. That also has cutsie characters. It's just not the main draw to the pavilion. Soarin' is. :zipit:

The pro Nemo people never seem to grasp this :shrug:

And seeing that it's a two way street, as you both claim, you don't grasp the other way either. :hammer:

Figment632

That's the real issue. Sea Base Alpha was boring for today's GP.

is a perfect example of your dogmatic and narrow approach to Epcot.

:ROFLOL:

Except your forgetting about the Circle of Life movie. That also has cutsie characters. It's just not the main draw to the pavilion. Soarin' is. :zipit:

And seeing that it's a two way street, as you both claim, you don't grasp the other way either. :hammer:

I still have not had one person explain how Nemo fits in the theme of FW:shrug:

mcjaco

Just to add to this, I would bet nine out of ten kids will remember Nemo at EPCOT than they would Sea Base Alpha. Spend enough time in the pavilion, and you'll see their eyes light up with Crush, Nemo, and all the displays. That is inspiration taking place. Trust me, I spent over two hours in there with a two year old last February. We couldn't get her out of there!

EpcotServo

I am still waiting for an answer on how Nemow fits the theme of future world? So far all everyone has been able to come up with was that Nemo is popular, still doesn't explain why he belongs in FW?

Not that anything in Future World has to do with the Future any more.

Anyways, the answer is Nemo fits because they are the "Hosts" of the Pavilion. It's like asking "How does Ellen fit in with Future World?" or "How does Martin Short fit into Canada?". Since the days of Dreamfinder and Wonders of Life, the idea has been to ground "Hosts" as a central part of EPCOT attractions.

Argue as you wish, just sayin' that's the answer since no one told you.

Thank you finally someone comes with an answer other than Nemo is popular! Thankyou Servo!!

(One Day Later...)

I still have not had one person explain how Nemo fits in the theme of FW:shrug:

I have read what you have posted and besides the fact that he is popular I'm not sure how he fits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom