WDWMagic Hurricane Katrina Fundraising Thread

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I want a tank.... I wanna go rescue my fluffy little friends

Woody13

mkt said:
I'm in tears... watching CNN about the animal rescues in New Orleans.

I am going there... I don't care if I get arrested. I wanna help.
Do me a favor mkt and stand down. I just made a run over there today and it's hard to describe the problems. We're doing a lot of relief work from our end and the animals are being rescued and given good care. We're not ignoring the animal welfare issues. Even the ugly ones are getting good treatment and cats too!:lookaroun We're helping all the animals as we find them.

Erika

Woody13 said:
Do me a favor mkt and stand down. I just made a run over there today and it's hard to describe the problems. We're doing a lot of relief work from our end and the animals are being rescued and given good care. We're not ignoring the animal welfare issues. Even the ugly ones are getting good treatment and cats too!:lookaroun We're helping all the animals as we find them.

Thanks for the update, Woody. I know you've been working your tail off.

And Rob, you have a big heart :wave:

dflye

Erika said:
OHHHHH Another Best Friends supporter!!! :sohappy: I love, love, LOVE what they do! I've wanted to visit forever but so far we have not been able to make it. Someday though!
I managed to weasel the trip in by flying into Las Vegas for a few nights, then the week at Best Friends, then returning to Las Vegas for another night in a different hotel before heading home. Ah, the ways to placate a gambling spouse are many! :)

After that visit, I cannot say enough good things about Best Friends! The size of their place is absolutely immense, located in an extremely beautiful southwest area, and contains some amazingly creative ways to keep their multitudes of critters in a safe and loving environment.

They rent places to stay on property for a very modest rate (although the place we stayed at, the Rock House, has since been converted to office space. :cry: )

This thread has finally convinced me to post pics from our trip (which turns out to have been over 4 years ago!), they attempt to show all that makes Best Friends so insanely great, plus a few pics of the surrounding scenery: Best Friends Photo Album

cherrynegra

Original Poster
List Of Donators To The Wdwmagic Hurricane Katrina Fundraiser

Thank you again to all of you who donated whatever you could to our fundraising drive. I hope other magic members will be inspired to donate by your action. Thank you!! :wave: Don't forget, the amount donated will be updated each day by 8:00 a.m. (PST)

Amount Donated As of 6:30 a.m. (PST) September 9th, 2005

by PayPal $2924.29
by Check $270

Total Donated $3286.55

A
Jennifer A
Lisa M. A.
B
Donna Barnes*
Jeffrey D B
Oscar B
Todd B
C
Mark C
Scott C
D
Heather D
Victoria M-D
F
Dan F
Miriam F
Steve F
G
David G
H
David H
Elizabeth H
Gary H
Kristen H
Suzi H
Sherman H
Scott H
J
Shari J
L
Harry L
Madaline L
Vincent L
M
Joel M
Laura M*
Mary M
Regina M
P
Shannon P
R
Barbara S. R
Brian R
Christy R
Lynn R
Robert R
S
Erika S
Gene S
Jennifer S
Nancy S
Rain S
Richard S
T
Kay T*
W
Harry W
Y
Philip Y

*denotes contribution by check

cherrynegra

Original Poster
An Offer We Can't Refuse!!!

Okay fellow wdwmagic members. As you can see, we're very close to hitting the $3500 mark. I got an offer in my PM the other day that I just couldn't refuse. Another member who wishes to remain annonymous will donate another $300 if the rest of the membership can hit $3500!! That will bring us to $3800!! AND this member will also throw in another $100 thus bringing in our total to $3900!! You did not read this wrong!!

A very generous offer has been made. It's going to a great cause. We're just a little under $300 shy of hitting $3500. Let's get this rolling!! :sohappy:

cherrynegra

Original Poster

Thank you again to all of you who donated whatever you could to our fundraising drive. I hope other magic members will be inspired to donate by your action. Thank you!! :wave: Don't forget, the amount donated will be updated each day by 8:00 a.m. (PST)

Amount Donated As of 6:00 a.m. (PST) September 10th, 2005

by PayPal $2924.29
by Check $270

Total Donated $3286.55

A
Jennifer A
Lisa M. A.
B
Donna Barnes*
Jeffrey D B
Oscar B
Todd B
C
Mark C
Scott C
D
Heather D
Victoria M-D
F
Dan F
Miriam F
Steve F
G
David G
H
David H
Elizabeth H
Gary H
Kristen H
Suzi H
Sherman H
Scott H
J
Shari J
L
Harry L
Madaline L
Vincent L
M
Joel M
Laura M*
Mary M
Regina M
P
Shannon P
R
Barbara S. R
Brian R
Christy R
Lynn R
Robert R
S
Erika S
Gene S
Jennifer S
Nancy S
Rain S
Richard S
T
Kay T*
W
Harry W
Y
Philip Y

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Hi wdwmagic members!! All right. We're officially a week away from the end of our fundraising drive. Still have a week to throw in your two cents (literally) or maybe more to a good cause.

We still have a great offer by a fellow magic member who is willing to donate another $300 if the rest of the membership can hit $3500!! That will bring us to $3800!! AND this member will also throw in another $100 thus bringing in our total to $3900!! Come on folks!! We're just $218 from getting an extra $400 thrown into our pot for the Hurricane Relief Fund!!

Let's not let this wonderful opportunity pass us by!! If you haven't already given, I encourage you to do so!! :wave:

tigsmom

I'm all tapped out. We have given money in a few places and also to the local food drive. I wish I could do more. :(

If anyone has not contributed and still would like to, its not to late. :wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Keep that money comming in so we can get that extra 400!!! Maybe once we get the extra 400, and then we're at 3900 maybe someone can toss in another 100 so we can get an even 4000. It's so awesome that we have gotten as far as we have...who knew a bunch of Disney freaks could raise this much money. It must be that magical Pixie Dust. :) I'm gonna go after my friends and family to get them to donate to our little fund. Lets keep it going!!!! :D And a big :kiss: to those who have already given....just start digging under the couch cushions and the bottom of the washer and dryer for that extra change to donate!

cherrynegra

Original Poster

Thank you again to all of you who donated whatever you could to our fundraising drive. I hope other magic members will be inspired to donate by your action. Thank you!! :wave: Don't forget, the amount donated will be updated each day by 9:00 a.m. (PST)

Amount Donated As of 9:00 a.m. (PST) September 11th, 2005

by PayPal $3016.55
by Check $270

Total Donated $3286.55

A
Jennifer A
Lisa M. A.
B
Donna Barnes*
Jeffrey D B
Oscar B
Todd B
C
Mark C
Scott C
D
Heather D
Victoria M-D
F
Dan F
Miriam F
Steve F
G
David G
H
David H
Elizabeth H
Gary H
Kristen H
Suzi H
Sherman H
Scott H
J
Shari J
L
Harry L
Madaline L
Vincent L
M
Joel M
Laura M*
Mary M
Regina M
P
Shannon P
R
Barbara S. R
Brian R
Christy R
Lynn R
Robert R
S
Erika S
Gene S
Jennifer S
Nancy S
Rain S
Richard S
T
Kay T*
W
Harry W
Y
Philip Y

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Greetings everyone!! Sorry for the delay in updating. Stayed in just a little bit more in bed today. As you can see, our total has remained unchanged for the third day in a row and is $3286.55.

We still have a great offer by a fellow magic member who is willing to donate another $300 if the rest of the membership can hit $3500!! That will bring us to $3800!! AND this member will also throw in another $100 thus bringing in our total to $3900!! Come on folks!! We're just $218 from getting an extra $400 thrown into our pot for the Hurricane Relief Fund!!

Let's not let this wonderful opportunity pass us by!! If you haven't already given, I encourage you to do so!! :wave:

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Okay, now we're talking. We seem to be on our way to making that extra $400. Thanks Bradley for your donation, that will go onto tomorrow's tally. Thanks Bradley!! :wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
cherrynegra said:
Okay, now we're talking. We seem to be on our way to making that extra $400. Thanks Bradley for your donation, that will go onto tomorrow's tally. Thanks Bradley!! :wave:

Woo Hoo! Keep that money comming...don't forget to collect that loose change accumulating by your nightstand. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom