WDWMagic EPCOT-30 Meet?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Quick bump to remind those interested.... 5PM Monday!

Now I must go to bed, as I fly out in about 9 hours! :p

Figments Friend

You know, it would be nice if they used one of the pavillions' corporate reception rooms to allow the WDW Magic meet, perhaps with snacks and sodas. The WDW Magic community is definitely a group that supports WDW with its money. Sort of a "welcome WDW Magic convention-ears" set up, with name tags and refreshments. (We could put our screen names on the name tags.) It could be at a scheduled time.

Steve, do you think that they would go for that?

------------------

Disney graciously did this when a lot of us were there for the big 25th Anniversary rally....*Celebration 25*. We had a nice little press conference upstairs in the lofty space above Norway and it was quite memorable. The retro cups they had for the drinks were pretty neat....

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I still did not get an answer to this question, at least that I saw. Anyone know?
As far as I know, there will be three presentations open to the public (park admission required). They will be in the World Showcase Pavilion (I think that's what it's called). The second and third are both the same presentation by Marty Sklar repeated.

I'm in the airport on my iPhone, otherwise I'd find the schedule and times for you.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@prberk , if I had to guess, there will be lines for these events, not tickets.

But I could be wrong. I wouldn't mind being wrong--this will be my hubby's only trip to WDW this year, and much as we'd like to see the anniversary tributes, I would hate for him to spend so much time standing in line while we could be eating at the F&WF booths! :D

Flight Safety

Looking forward to being there, but have no idea what's going on. :( Have been so busy with work, I haven't had any time to see what is what, and where.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Looking forward to being there, but have no idea what's going on. :( Have been so busy with work, I haven't had any time to see what is what, and where.

In a nutshell:

Special anniversary events open to all Epcot Guests according to this schedule:

Throughout the day on October 1, guests can attend Epcot history presentations in World Showplace courtesy of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. These presentations are included in park admission and are limited in seating.​
    • 1-2 p.m. – Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
    • 4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
    • 6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar (encore)
Guests can also attend an anniversary moment at the America Gardens Theatre at 3 p.m., which will feature appearances by Disney leaders and include performances by Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty. (Seating for this presentation is also limited.)​
That evening, the October 1 presentation of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will feature a special 30th anniversary tag.​

And the real highlight of the day: WDWMagic member Meet & Greet at 5pm at World Showcase Plaza, between the two gift shops.

Flight Safety

In a nutshell:

Special anniversary events open to all Epcot Guests according to this schedule:

Throughout the day on October 1, guests can attend Epcot history presentations in World Showplace courtesy of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. These presentations are included in park admission and are limited in seating.​
    • 1-2 p.m. – Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
    • 4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
    • 6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar (encore)
Guests can also attend an anniversary moment at the America Gardens Theatre at 3 p.m., which will feature appearances by Disney leaders and include performances by Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty. (Seating for this presentation is also limited.)​
That evening, the October 1 presentation of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will feature a special 30th anniversary tag.​

And the real highlight of the day: WDWMagic member Meet & Greet at 5pm at World Showcase Plaza, between the two gift shops.

Thanks for the info! Wish I would've registered for all the D23 Celebration events. :( Oh well. Looking forward to Marty!

CP_alum08

@prberk , if I had to guess, there will be lines for these events, not tickets.

But I could be wrong. I wouldn't mind being wrong--this will be my hubby's only trip to WDW this year, and much as we'd like to see the anniversary tributes, I would hate for him to spend so much time standing in line while we could be eating at the F&WF booths! :D
I asked this a while ago too any never got a response. It would be great if they gave tickets or wristbands or something so people didn't have to stand in mile-long lines...twice. If it is lines, I'm sure people will start lining up as soon as the gates open and I'm not sure it will be worth it for us.

I hope they do a morning presentation like what they did at MK for the 40th (the one at the castle, not the train station). I know it's not on the schedule but it was a nice way to kick off the day.

DisneyJoe

I fly out tomorrow morning, land in MCO at 9:25 am, will be in MK tomorrow and then at MNSSHP tomorrow night. I plan to be in Epcot all day Monday, I will do my best to be at the meet at 5 pm. Look for a speed demon on an ECV with crutches too and my wife with a drink in hand (probably). I'll be looking to meet up with Marie too.

Figments Friend

-

Regarding the concerns and questions about the public anniversary events, i can tell you what was done in the past for the 25th Anniverary event.

Marty did similar presentations for that anniversary, with two shows during the day for the public and both were ticketed events. If i remember correctly, tickets were distributed free to Guests at the venue he was appearing , in the case of the 25th, it was the Harvest Theatre in The Land . The tickets were pretty cool too...made to look like original Park Admission from 1982 (including faux *ink stamp* date! )..and were snapped up quickly by the thousands of die-hard fans that arrived that special day.

Those that were not able to get a ticket could wait in a standby line...any empty seats in the theatre could be filled if need be. I remember the line not being too outrageous in length, but there was a decent sized line of people hoping to get a seat.

Not sure what Disney will do this time around....but i would guess something similar.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just to confirm, 5pm Monday on Showcase plaza not the fountain?
Yes. My apologies, you were a foot away from me last night during Wishes and I didn't want to interrupt your picture-taking to introduce myself... Then your were gone. :-(

Don't let me get away with that tomorrow! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom