WDWMagic EPCOT-30 Meet?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'll be there, too! I met Marie at Epcot's 25th and she was nice enough to "take me under her wing" as I didn't know anyone there, so I'd love to see @wannabeBelle again, and of course meet everyone else!
Marie is awesome. She has never met a stranger and will talk the ear off of anyone she runs into.

nepalostparks

I'll be there on the 1st for sure, and we're hoping to be up for Sunday as well. I'm down for meeting wherever - outside of the WDWCelebrations dessert party, our schedule is flexible enough :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
The WDWCelebrations schedule [still tentative, but looking rather final] has been changed. There is a window available on 1 October for a WDWMagic meet for anyone in EPCOT at 5PM for about 45 minutes if people are interested.

What I propose:

A meet at the Fountain of Nations [the end nearest the pin-trading station] for any WDWMagicers who are available at 5PM on 1 October. We can exchange usernames and put faces to them. :cool:

For anyone who's leaving earlier or otherwise can't make it, keep an eye out for me and feel free to say hi whenever... I'm easy enough to spot, 6'3" with a beard and wearing a blue nametag that says "Monty" ;) [If that's not enough to single me out, I don't have any fingers on my right hand and my left has three toes instead of fingers]
I think we may have to be going pretty quickly to make it from American Adventure (which may or may not be starting at 4:10 exactly) to the Fountain of Nations by 5pm. ;)

I shall be there! I ordered a button, we'll see if it arrives on time… if so, it'll be on. If not, I'm sure I'll be wearing some sort of EPCOT and/or Florida Gators swag most days of the trip (arriving early morning on 9/29 & leaving in the afternoon on 10/2), and will definitely be at this thing!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Throwing out a suggestion to @NemoRocks point--might it be easier to meet at World Showcase Plaza, in between the two shops? It would also leave us closer to the F&W Fest in case anyone is browsing the booths ;)

I'm an energetic walker, so it doesn't matter to me. I'll be excited to meet WDWMagicers anywhere!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is the American Gardens theater getting used at 5:00? If not it would make a great meeting place and would be right next door to where a good number of us will be.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As of right this moment, the WDW Celebrations schedule shows a 4:00 group photo, followed by 4:10 group ride of the 1982 Original (!) American Adventure.

First Eat to the Beat concert is at 5:30---AGT might work...
If eat to the beat is going on at 5:30 the theater will be filling up at 5. Ahh well, it was a thought.

Lee

Adventurer
I thought Martin was referring to the group ride of American Adventure on the WDW Celebrations schedule.
Originally, they set aside a block of time in the morning for official Disney activities. That is now gone for the whole day.
I'm wondering if the ceremony has been scrapped?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's out and it's official:

1-2 p.m. – Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar

Guests can also attend an anniversary moment at the America Gardens Theatre at 3 p.m., which will feature appearances by Disney leaders and include performances by Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty. (Seating for this presentation is also limited.)

That evening, the October 1 presentation of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will feature a special 30th anniversary tag.

Lee

Adventurer
It's out and it's official:

1-2 p.m. – Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar

Guests can also attend an anniversary moment at the America Gardens Theatre at 3 p.m., which will feature appearances by Disney leaders and include performances by Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty. (Seating for this presentation is also limited.)

That evening, the October 1 presentation of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will feature a special 30th anniversary tag.
All that should make for quite a nice day.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I based my suggestion on the WDWCelebrations schedule before the Disney schedule came out.

Coordinating both is just not possible, unless WDWMagicers agree to attend the second of Marty Sklar's two sessions. That would leave everybody free to meet @ 5PM.

As for location, World Showcase Plaza sounds like a good compromise spot.

I'm out of town on a golf trip until the weekend, so won't be staying current with the thread until Saturday... Discuss amongst yourselves.

828tnt

Woo hoo! Very much looking forward to this! We have 5:45 reservations at Via Napoli, so the timing should be nice too.

I'll keep checking here to see if anything changes as far as location goes.

I can't tell you how excited I am for this trip- elias's first "real" Disney trip, f&w, the anniversary of epcot center.... 8 more days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom