WDW website update features Test Track concept art!

janoimagine

"Ford built an experimental fleet of cars with airbags in 1971, followed by General Motors in 1973 on Chevrolet vehicles. The early fleet of experimental GM vehicles equipped with airbags experienced seven fatalities, one of which was later suspected to have been caused by the airbag."

Wikapedia? Seriously? :lol:

Find a better source.

janoimagine

Just posting the facts.

And I drive an Audi.

:D

As do I ... A6 ... and I live in Detroit. My wife, a Saab 9-5.

However, what you need to know is that FMC attempted it in a test fleet, but didnt succeed. GM was the first to offer it as an option in a consumer vehicle. Neither invented the airbag, GM or Ford, but GM was innovative enough to get it working and get it to the showroom floor before the rest.

LorangeJuice

Agreed. Let's turn it political so it'll get locked. I'll start:

"Looks like those clowns in congress did it again."

Can you believe all the money they spent bailing out the auto industry??? And now look where it's all going...to bail out EPCOT!!!

Sorry...I could NOT resist :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

So, to contribute to this thread - I really like what I am seeing and hearing regarding the refurb. Test Track was a good ride, but not a great ride, IMO. It didn't belong in Future World. This refurb looks to solve that problem. Unfortunately, we're still left with another thrill ride at EPCOT.

I said it once before, and I'll say it again, I believe that if Walt himself were still here, he would have listened to what the people wanted. If they did indeed want thrills, he would have found a way to give it to them (not that they aren't already there in the other parks). I really don't believe that he would have thrown some poorly themed thrills into his beloved EPCOT (not that the current park even remotely resembles his beloved EPCOT :lol:) Anyway, that's just me...

I think there's a lot to be learned from Horizons here. People like choices. Heck, look at M:S, or Mickey's Ferris Wheel at DCA. A family can arrive together and make a choice on the level of "thrill" they would like to experience. Sure, they won't all ride together at the exact same time or space, but it beats having some of the family sit out an attraction entirely.

Also, I kind of feel like Disney is missing out on a whole demographic that other industries have picked up on lately, such as Hollywood: The Children of the 80's. We actually do love when franchises are brought back and refreshed!

So, back to Test Track. Imagine an attraction where you could somewhere, somehow choose your experience. One would lead you to the run around the outside track and the other to a dark ride ending akin to an updated World of Motion. I'm down for that! And in true Horizons fashion, if you don't pick, the computer picks for you. I'd ride it over and over!!!

I do realize the physical logistics associated with this example, but this is where I resign from my armchair attraction designer position and leave it to the pros. It HAS to be possible, though!

Now that I've rambled enough, I just would like to add that this refurb does not look to be the savior of Future World, but I certainly think it is a step in the right direction. Although there are no "choices" here, I do appreciate the fact that the track layout will not change. I think this decision, in theory, will keep a lot of people, especially the fans of TTv1.0 happy (including Chevy, because it was probably cheaper :p). In other words, they aren't replacing a dark ride with a thrill ride and almost completely polarizing the fans of the past and present attractions; here, we all know that we will experience the same level of "thrill" as TTv1.0, at least...

Tom Morrow

Wikapedia? Seriously? :lol:

Find a better source.
Wikipedia has been proven to be more correct than actual published encyclopedias. Even if there is the occasional error, why do people feel the need to discredit what is essentially a sum of all known human knowledge? Go back even 20 years ago and tell people there's this thing on computers that lets you instantly look up and learn about just about anything you could possibly want to know. What would they think?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wikipedia has been proven to be more correct than actual published encyclopedias. Even if there is the occasional error, why do people feel the need to discredit what is essentially a sum of all known human knowledge? Go back even 20 years ago and tell people there's this thing on computers that lets you instantly look up and learn about just about anything you could possibly want to know. What would they think?

Because anyone can attempt to pass off rumour, gossip and just incorrect info as fact?

katarn112

Because anyone can attempt to pass off rumour, gossip and just incorrect info as fact?

Once in a while something on some lesser known article may get vandalized, but I really don't think the chances of you coming across misinformation are very high at all. Most of the important articles are protected from editing by the public, and the rest of wikipedia is watched by people who obsess over maintaining a page. Make a bad edit, and they'll undo it sometimes as soon as a few minutes later.

Thrill Seeker

So... I love the new look...assuming it actually looks that good. The Tron look is pretty awesome! I'm very optimistic to see how well this turns out.

baymenxpac

Unless this is going to be about Jetson type cars I don't see this as a huge step forward. I hope I am wrong.

I could see them putting in a hybrid battery fire test. Here a Chevy Volt sits parked, never mind just move along.

well, i think you have to consider the frame work of the ride. it's still going to be test track. so given that, the question should be: will the new version of the ride present us with a futuristic vision of how cars (or transportation) are tested? not: cars are not futuristic, so this isn't a step forward for the attraction. at least, that's my opinion.

i think it has the potential to be much closer to the vision of future world than anything the company has added there in the last decade or so.

jjharvpro

Extremely looking forward to the update! The update looks so promising and incredibly immersive, with the queue, pre-show, the actual ride portion, and post-show. Everything. Some may criticize it, but no one can deny that this will be a very welcome to Future World. And guess what? It looks VERY FUTURISTIC!

tdpolo26

The... Test track update thread!!! please post if you know something

So i dont have any updates but i am always wondering whats going on with the bigger attractions. I also thought it would be great to have it in one thread. Now we all have seen the concept art and stuff like that.
Does anyone have any interesting photos (inside or out)?
Is there any new information?
Any changed dates for opening?
What are the buss drivers saying???lol

Please do not turn this thread into a debate of the like or dislike of the refurb or to be honest no debate would be nice, it would just be cool to see any photos or updates

maybe if someone deems it worthy being a big attraction it could be stickied for a little while.

zweltar

I've never had monkey butter before...:shrug: I'm really glad they are replacing the cool zone with that delicacy. Super excited about that! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom