WDW website update features Test Track concept art!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Kinda find it funny though that in the video, the circles showing the different design stages resemble the old Epcot Future World pavilion logos. So maybe the old WoM one will survive in some way.

Yeah, it seems like finally some people "get it" about what an attraction like that should be like. If Imagineer Melissa "gets it" I wonder if she's single :cool:

janoimagine

Kinda find it funny though that in the video, the circles showing the different design stages resemble the old Epcot Future World pavilion logos. So maybe the old WoM one will survive in some way.

:animwink:

It will ... one of the suits in GM is a Disney nut and hip to the whole thing of leaving a nod to the previous attraction thing imagineering does, and was pretty vocal about having one in the refit of the attraction.

montyz81

WoM makes an exit (Sent to me about an hour ago):

vlcsnap-2012-05-03-16h56m48s167.png

I have never seen that car in Test Track. Where was it?

dreamscometrue

I have never seen that car in Test Track. Where was it?

I believe that's the car that was very early in the 'stand by' queue in the little room that had older components and photos, and a sign behind the car on the wall that stated "Tests Requested from Chevrolet Division".

montyz81

nobody took my challenge. I did find a red car in a World of Motion video. I am not sure if it is the same one though.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Is it sad that the thing I am anticipating the most is the potential removal of the large scaffolding/roof over the front of the pavilion?

I want updates!!

The Empress Lilly

Is it sad that the thing I am anticipating the most is the potential removal of the large scaffolding/roof over the front of the pavilion?
Word, man, word.

If only they rip out that scaffolding travesty this would still count as the greatest improvement ever even if they end up replacing TT with 'Journey into Stitch's Imagination'.

The Empress Lilly

nobody took my challenge. I did find a red car in a World of Motion video. I am not sure if it is the same one though.
I don't recognise that car in WoM. Maybe it was painted? Perhaps that yellow one?
I just don't know 1920's cars well enough to tell them apart from memory or from a home video. :shrug:

Edit: Hah! My google-fu reveals the car was in the aviator scene. Off to the side a bit, with a little boy hanging out, playing with a toy plane.

DCLcruiser

Do you think the Pre-show room where we used to watch a safety video will have the kiosks (everyone stand on a number like M:S) and in front of you is a kiosk?

I'm excited to build a car. I can see it now, pick a style (car vs truck). Then a screen where you can turn a dial that increases or decreases the 4 attributes (notice the icons have a ring that could be a counter) and hopefully the attributes will work off each other and require you to compromise. You can't be 100% of each, maybe trade efficiency for some power, or trade off-road capability for responsiveness.

This should be fun at least the first time...but then again, you keep tweaking your car till you are #1.

LorangeJuice

Not. At. All.

Im with you and yes its suppose to come down. I hope they stick with that plan.

Yes, please confirm. I've always wondered how it looked from the VIP lounge area. I imagine it blocks a decent chunk of the view...? At least the view of folks walking up to the pavilion...? I would have thought the location of the lounge would have been enough of a reason not to put anything there. Was somebody that dead set on disturbing the clean looks of Future World...?

jensenrick

I just hope that whatever they do, they bring back some of the FUN that World of Motion used to be, or Test Track could have been.

I also fondly remember "The Water Engine", when the pavilion would, in a fun and amusing way, celebrate the potential for Innovation in the Future. Remember the flywheel/electric hybrid? Now the pavilion seems to celebrate Chevrolet making it's sales quota for the fiscal quarter.

montyz81

Word, man, word.

If only they rip out that scaffolding travesty this would still count as the greatest improvement ever even if they end up replacing TT with 'Journey into Stitch's Imagination'.
I disagree. the Wand removal is probably the biggest reversal improvement ever in all the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom