WDW Spirited Quickees

twebber55

True but I'm not convinced Avatar is the draw that Disney are hoping it will be. The reaction to it's announcement could be described as lukewarm at best and I really don't think the film has the following needed to attract huge amounts of new guests to AK. Just my opinion but it's one of the reasons I'm against the project.
fyi when i t was announced it was at the top for trending on twitter..there was a large buzz with it...sorry dont buy that at all

M.rudolf

What people don't get is if Disney and Cameron had made a ground breaking land with great attractions and excellent theming it makes all the complaints null. Think about it if was a world class land on par with potter,as in theming not source material. We all would have been happy. That's where I find the arguing funny very few people know what was planned, so it makes the arguments invalid without knowing the scope.

Figments Friend

I am by no means the Disney apologist, but it seems a lot of posters are jumping the gun. Things look bad at the present time but its seems that things are being moved to correct a lot of the issues .The things that 74 posted that have a positive connotation movement on Carsland, mi coaster and the possible removal of the bah. Baby steps, but it looks like forward momentum we can at least be happy for that

- Agree....i rather enjoyed his latest update. It sounds promising...and it is good to hear some reps were over at Studios scoping out the area for the upcoming additon(s).

Getting rid of that ***** hat finally makes me happy. Very happy. Oh i hope it is soon....

FrankLapidus

fyi when i t was announced it was at the top for trending on twitter..there was a large buzz with it...sorry dont buy that at all

So it trended for what, a day? Two? Has it trended since? Is the attention surrounding it as great as that which surrounded WWOHP through it's development and construction? How big was the buzz surrounding Avatarland when it was announced?

I just checked the top trending topic in the world right now and it is #ThingsIWishWereReal. How apt for Avatarland at present.

twebber55

So it trended for what, a day? Two? Has it trended since? Is the attention surrounding it as great as that which surrounded WWOHP through it's development and construction? How big was the buzz surrounding Avatarland when it was announced?

I just checked the top trending topic in the world right now and it is #ThingsIWishWereReal. How apt for Avatarland at present.
if you take the time to go check twitter to prove a point.....point is it mattered and the excitement would be pretty high if you saw construction and or concept art..my opinion...we disagree lets move on

twebber55

I've spoken with a few people in the past few days and they claim the order of projects at the present is Carsland,greenlit. MI coaster included in plan.
Tony Baxter attraction for Magic kingdom
Phase 2 for DHS Star Wars/Indy
As of now nothing for AK or Epcot yet

gotta admit this would and or could be a great line up of attractions

FrankLapidus

if you take the time to go check twitter to prove a point.....point is it mattered and the excitement would be pretty high if you saw construction and or concept art..my opinion...we disagree lets move on

Would the excitement be as high as that which surrounded WWOHP though? After all, this is Bob Iger's response to Harry Potter, Disney's chance to prove that they haven't really missed out on the benefits that Potter could have brought. It's fine that we disagree but I would be willing to bet money that the public response to Avatarland has fallen short of what Iger and the rest of TWDC's upper hierarchy hoped it would be.

twebber55

Would the excitement be as high as that which surrounded WWOHP though? After all, this is Bob Iger's response to Harry Potter, Disney's chance to prove that they haven't really missed out on the benefits that Potter could have brought. It's fine that we disagree but I would be willing to bet money that the public response to Avatarland has fallen short of what Iger and the rest of TWDC's upper hierarchy hoped it would be.
I dont think there is a potterswatter..JMO... carsland is great but it didnt change the industry like potter..anyway you made some good points

M.rudolf

Iger knew that it had too be spectacular if Cameron was given the money he asked for it would have been groundbreaking, breathe taking, and would have shut a lot of people, myself included, up. But it ain't happening. I just wish I had invested in paper towel stock, between Cameron and Disney they have to be using a lot to wipe the egg off of themselves and the offices they were sitting when this deal went sour

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've spoken with a few people in the past few days and they claim the order of projects at the present is Carsland,greenlit. MI coaster included in plan.
Tony Baxter attraction for Magic kingdom
Phase 2 for DHS Star Wars/Indy
As of now nothing for AK or Epcot yet

Doing some quick searching around the forums, I only find very scant mentions of the Tony Baxter attraction. Are there more details around floating out there that I can search for to get more details about this rumor?

twebber55

truly
Iger knew that it had too be spectacular if Cameron was given the money he asked for it would have been groundbreaking, breathe taking, and would have shut a lot of people, myself included, up. But it ain't happening. I just wish I had invested in paper towel stock, between Cameron and Disney they have to be using a lot to wipe the egg off of themselves and the offices they were sitting when this deal went sour
truly sad that a little thing like money gets in the way LOL

FrankLapidus

But it ain't happening. I just wish I had invested in paper towel stock, between Cameron and Disney they have to be using a lot to wipe the egg off of themselves and the offices they were sitting when this deal went sour

So there's absolutely no chance of it being resurrected? It's officially done, dusted and dead in the water? I'm still sceptical because it seems to have been on-and-off life support a dozen times over the past few months and whenever I count it out it seems to spring back to life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom