WDW Spirited Quickees

M.rudolf

So there's absolutely no chance of it being resurrected? It's officially done, dusted and dead in the water? I'm still sceptical because it seems to have been on-and-off life support a dozen times over the past few months and whenever I count it out it seems to spring back to life.
If it does come back I'd be truly surprised, the only way I see it coming back is way,way down the line. This isn't just about money, from what I'm hearing is the upcoming movies don't portray humans in a very good light. Worse than the first one.
Like what if we returned to pandora and since we couldn't get the unobtainium from the navi we invaded their oceans and destroyed everything there. What if we launched strikes against the navi from space.
I think Iger and Staggs saw the outlines and said what did we get ourselves into

twebber55

i get the impression (and i certainly could be wrong) that the plan was to do pandora first and when negotiations went to crap they decided to go the DHS route and when carsland was such a huge hit it made it a pretty easy decision

MerlinTheGoat

I've seen rumors around the internet that Tony Baxter might be working on projects related to either an Oz ride or something based on the Lone Ranger for Disneyland. Either of those accurate (and possible for Magic Kingdom)?

There was something rumored for Tomorrowland as well. Though I heard it was Avengers related (which can't happen at Disney World so I assume any shared attraction between DL and WDW would have to be non-Marvel related). Unless we're talking about Tron or something.

The MaD Hatter

I've seen rumors around the internet that Tony Baxter might be working on projects related to either an Oz ride or something based on the Lone Ranger for Disneyland. Either of those accurate (and possible for Magic Kingdom)?

There was something rumored for Tomorrowland as well. Though I heard it was Avengers related (which can't happen at Disney World so I assume any shared attraction between DL and WDW would have to be non-Marvel related). Unless we're talking about Tron or something.

Haha, if we put all of the rumored Tony Baxter projects together, we'd have enough attractions for a fifth gate. Guess we can mark the Western River Expedition off that list though. :D

M.rudolf

Don't laugh,and I know certain members here will, I was told it was something to do with pirates not the upcoming game something else entirely

hiptwinmama

I've spoken with a few people in the past few days and they claim the order of projects at the present is Carsland,greenlit. MI coaster included in plan.
Tony Baxter attraction for Magic kingdom
Phase 2 for DHS Star Wars/Indy
As of now nothing for AK or Epcot yet

The above all sounds good.
Are there any rumors on what kind of Tony Baxter Attraction. Other than behind the new fantasyland, where else is there room for another large attraction or would it be replacing something else?

On another topic, my concern with Avatar is similar to other's here. I am sure they would do an amazing job creating the land however, I just don't believe that the "Avatar Legacy" has proven itself strong enough to last. It's not proven to be as strong as other film series yet. (Star Wars, Indy)

ctxak98

If we were to get a starwars and Indy improvement of any kind AFTER the carsland thing....I would be so happy. Then after that I would sayEpcot and AK need something

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
You know, based on some of the rumors on here, I went out to do a little research on Mysterious Island, as I had never really taken the time to look at DisneySea, knowing it'll be a miracle if I ever get there.
:eek:
I've looked at one sight full of pictures on DisneySea and I dont know if I'm ruined for WDW forever now because of it. Please tell me I'll be able to get over the fact that a place like that exists, and all I get to visit is WDW.

jam814

Yea i hope this pans out, this is exactly what DHS needs. No franchise can match HP, in relevance to kids and young adults who grew up on it. there is no potter swatter. Star Wars is closest and has proven that it can last.

hiptwinmama

I agree.
At EPCOT I would love to see:
  1. the tank at The Seas returned to it's original beauty, Along with the educational aspects that were once there restored.
  2. journey into imagination re-done (do you remember how awesome the play area upstairs used to be? - Image Works) We used to spend an hour or more up there as kids.
  3. Can't they do something with Horizons
  4. So this one is really out there, I know it would never happen, and I know no one agrees....but how cool would a smaller replica London Eye be? Yes, I know it would ruin the skyline of EPCOT but it would be super fun.
  5. Another out there idea... awesome fountain show, similar to bellagio.

hiptwinmama

You know, based on some of the rumors on here, I went out to do a little research on Mysterious Island, as I had never really taken the time to look at DisneySea, knowing it'll be a miracle if I ever get there.
:eek:
I've looked at one sight full of pictures on DisneySea and I dont know if I'm ruined for WDW forever now because of it. Please tell me I'll be able to get over the fact that a place like that exists, and all I get to visit is WDW.

WOW.... you're right... looks super fun!

choco choco

Another factor that no one here has mentioned is the upcoming elections, once they are over it frees up a lot of money

People, we shouldn't be letting this one go. This is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing to let corporations donate to political causes.

What a load of corrupt **@$ that is, taking your money and rather than focusing on their product, trying to buy their way to more profits. Disney should be ashamed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom