• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor WDW Rumor and Timeline Tracker v.2

I'm not sure how important these are (likely they're minor) but i do have some updates regarding other attractions plus the monorail (I got back from a trip less than a week ago).
  • the monorail has Recieved some work. The Narration got an update. And a rather odd one at that. It'll sometimes be high pitched, and this is because according to a monorail CM "They wanted to speed it up to match certain areas" (my memory is fuzzy on his words). So apparently they edited the audio to speed it up, but did not correct the pitch after the effect was applied (so easy to fix or apply the effect without pitch change, I could do it). it is still the same narration as before, except sped up and higher pitched occasionally (I noticed this when i took the monorail to the contemporary from MK). Other than that, there is nothing major.
  • Monster's inc. Laugh Floor recieved a new sign (or a temporary sign) it no longer is mounted on the Peoplemover's track area (for lack of a better term). It is now located on the ground. I DO have a photo of it (at least i think so), but it is on my phone (if not, I may have to screenshot a video and then upload that)
  • Space mountain's exit is still going over the train tracks (has been since i was there in august). No word on how much longer or what is being done (I didn't ask because I actually like being able to stay back after riding space mountain and watch the train go by up close!)
  • There is a sign now advertising the new tron coaster (although it did not specifically mention it) next to the WDWRR tracks. It (somewhat ironically) is placed in Fantasyland just a few feet from the shed (not the roundhouse, the small shed across the tracks). so that's (kind of) a step forward in terms of something being built. we likely won't see anything for an exterior or interior (including a track) to the attraction for perhaps another 6-12 months. (I do have a photo on my phone)
  • Liberty Square Riverboat is still out for a major refurbishment (rivers of america is unaffected, it's just the boat) and will return in december (last i checked via a CM was august, it could have changed though). As for what is being done, I've not heard or read anything official–just speculation of a new boiler.
  • There's still work going on around Prince Charming's Regal Carousel. It looks as though it's work on the shelter, but I can't tell for sure. (I don't think i have any photos)
  • the biggest one I have to conrtibute? Stitch. I do know that was removed. I saw a photo of Stitch's figure stripped of the aesthetics (fur and everything, just bare mechanisms now). Stitch's control panel is STILL present outside the show building (I SHOULD have taken a photo, but I didn't). No clue what the control panel is still there. There's no way of telling as to whether it is still connected to power or not (at least to the average person). Only way to tell is to turn it on, but you'd need a key. I say we play this one by ear since I have a gut feeling this could cause speculation for a new, similar attraction sometime (still utilizing the same panel). I have seen photos of body wars' controls gutted (or at least partly), so that means Disney has no plans to revive that attraction or put something in its place that would utilize said controls. That closed in '04. Now it is just bare and the countdown clock still present. Stitch, however, is another story, so let's see where this goes. The panel could be removed soon (or in the near future) or it could stay (your guess is as good as mine). I don't think I know of any official word, but i haven't read the rumors about Stitch's replacement either. again, I say this has to be played be ear (eye?).
I've not checked the other parks. I've spoiled myself with Magic Kingdom too much. as for mickey's 90th birthday in 2019, wouldn't that be his 91st? He first made his debut November 18, 1928 in Steamboat willie, and as far as I know that day has always been regarded as his birthday. Any speculation why it's celebrated in 2019?

GlacierGlacier

Advertisement
I'm not sure how important these are (likely they're minor) but i do have some updates regarding other attractions plus the monorail (I got back from a trip less than a week ago).
  • the monorail has Recieved some work. The Narration got an update. And a rather odd one at that. It'll sometimes be high pitched, and this is because according to a monorail CM "They wanted to speed it up to match certain areas" (my memory is fuzzy on his words). So apparently they edited the audio to speed it up, but did not correct the pitch after the effect was applied (so easy to fix or apply the effect without pitch change, I could do it). it is still the same narration as before, except sped up and higher pitched occasionally (I noticed this when i took the monorail to the contemporary from MK). Other than that, there is nothing major.
  • Monster's inc. Laugh Floor recieved a new sign (or a temporary sign) it no longer is mounted on the Peoplemover's track area (for lack of a better term). It is now located on the ground. I DO have a photo of it (at least i think so), but it is on my phone (if not, I may have to screenshot a video and then upload that)
  • Space mountain's exit is still going over the train tracks (has been since i was there in august). No word on how much longer or what is being done (I didn't ask because I actually like being able to stay back after riding space mountain and watch the train go by up close!)
  • There is a sign now advertising the new tron coaster (although it did not specifically mention it) next to the WDWRR tracks. It (somewhat ironically) is placed in Fantasyland just a few feet from the shed (not the roundhouse, the small shed across the tracks). so that's (kind of) a step forward in terms of something being built. we likely won't see anything for an exterior or interior (including a track) to the attraction for perhaps another 6-12 months. (I do have a photo on my phone)
  • Liberty Square Riverboat is still out for a major refurbishment (rivers of america is unaffected, it's just the boat) and will return in december (last i checked via a CM was august, it could have changed though). As for what is being done, I've not heard or read anything official–just speculation of a new boiler.
  • There's still work going on around Prince Charming's Regal Carousel. It looks as though it's work on the shelter, but I can't tell for sure. (I don't think i have any photos)
  • the biggest one I have to conrtibute? Stitch. I do know that was removed. I saw a photo of Stitch's figure stripped of the aesthetics (fur and everything, just bare mechanisms now). Stitch's control panel is STILL present outside the show building (I SHOULD have taken a photo, but I didn't). No clue what the control panel is still there. There's no way of telling as to whether it is still connected to power or not (at least to the average person). Only way to tell is to turn it on, but you'd need a key. I say we play this one by ear since I have a gut feeling this could cause speculation for a new, similar attraction sometime (still utilizing the same panel). I have seen photos of body wars' controls gutted (or at least partly), so that means Disney has no plans to revive that attraction or put something in its place that would utilize said controls. That closed in '04. Now it is just bare and the countdown clock still present. Stitch, however, is another story, so let's see where this goes. The panel could be removed soon (or in the near future) or it could stay (your guess is as good as mine). I don't think I know of any official word, but i haven't read the rumors about Stitch's replacement either. again, I say this has to be played be ear (eye?).
I've not checked the other parks. I've spoiled myself with Magic Kingdom too much. as for mickey's 90th birthday in 2019, wouldn't that be his 91st? He first made his debut November 18, 1928 in Steamboat willie, and as far as I know that day has always been regarded as his birthday. Any speculation why it's celebrated in 2019?
Most of this has been discussed in various threads scattered throughout this forum.

The Laugh Floor change was discussed in the "Tomorrowland changes" thread by Marni.

Space Mountain has had its exit repeatedly discussed in a thread dedicated entirely to that.

The Tron sign was in the Tron thread.
The riverboat is in the riverboat thread.
Stitch has his own thread.

The carousel was discussed in its thread, however, it's more than a few pages back.

As for the 90th, his birthday is celebrated starting on November 18th of this year, reaching from 2018 to 2019.

This thread here is mostly a way to organize the thoughts and rumors established and discussed in their independent threads. Feel free to discuss as much as you please in their respective threads.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Original Poster
MK

Mickey's 90th Birthday in 2019
  • A whole bunch of temporary and 'pop up' stuff happens in the MK to celebrate Mickey's 90th staring Jan 18, 2019 and ending Sep 30 (including merch and special food). [official]
  • to be called "Mickey & Minnie's Surprise Celebration" [official] {added}

Epcot

the Ratatouille Ride
  • will be called "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure" [official] {added}
France:
  • the Ratatouille Ride
    • will be called "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure" [official] {added}
  • Impressions de France:
    • in fact, a "new" film is penciled in for 2020 [here]
      • IdF's projection system was just updated Spring of 2018 (no new film yet)
    • there is no demolition or connection through any of the existing France pavilion buildings... access is around the pavilion, not through it [here]
  • Beauty and the Beast Sing-along {added}
    • Sharing IdF's theater (not replacing it... maybe alternating times?) [official][official] {added}
  • Illuminations: a major update, or complete replacement of Illuminations [strong]
    • Interim show is cancelled. [here] New permanent show is now scheduled to start Oct 1, 2019. I:RoE will have last show the day before [here] and [here]
    • Interim show is back on (code name: Spark) and called Epcot Forever, fall 2019 {added}
      • a tribute to Epcot features Epcot tunes, a 'spark of imagination' that grows into fireworks, lights, lasers, & choreographed SFX and kites [official] {added}
    • Permanent replacement in Fall 2020 {added}
      • featuring Disney music (IPs) inspiring the whole world, massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed fountains, light, pyro, and lasers. {added}
Canada
  • an addition to Canada that was considered is now most likely off the table [likely] [and again]
  • O Canada! will get an update (film or projectors or both?) [official] {added}

Mexico: maybe Coco
  • And Coco overlay is off the table again [here] {added}

DHS

Hub
  • A new Chinese Theater projection show: Wonderful World of Animation, starts May 1, 2019 [official] {added}
  • unknown if this will run along with or replace Disney Move Magic (the live-action movie clip projection show)? {added}

Resorts

• Wilderness Area
    • a land use permit shows a "Project 89" (1889?) on Bay Lake over the old water park in between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. [here] {updated}
    • now named "Reflections - A Disney Lakeside Lodge", [official] with 900 rooms and DVC villas [official] {added}
    • good chance to be DVC {updated}

• A Star Wars theme hotel with a two-night interactive component [strong, corroborated by official survey about such a resort] [confirmed at D23 2017]
    • will likely have a direct external entrance into SWL [here]
    • will have a themed shuttle from resort to back stage entrance to SWL through a covered bus terminal [here] {added}
    • will have all the features of a first-class hotel: dining ("high-end dining"! [official]), recreation, accommodations, all authentic to the Star Wars universe (though, permits showed no pool) [official] [here] {added}

In General / Park Wide

The Great Park Fight: Indy/Dinosaurs/Shanghai PotC tech/DAK/DHS/Epcot
  • And Shanghai's PotC ride system is off the table for Orlando [here] {added}

Disney Springs

Cirque
  • The new Cirque show will open in March 2020 [here] {added}

Last edited:
a tribute to Epcot features Epcot tunes, a 'spark of imagination' that grows into fireworks, lights, lasers, & choreographed SFX and kites
Choreographed kites? That’s actually something I’ve never heard of (let alone even THOUGHT of)! I’m very curious what that is. Are they for projections?
Now obviously kites need wind to fly, so how are they going to fly the kites when there’s no wind? Is this like a drone disguised as a kite? Are they going to use fans?
Also, what are the chances that this kite choreography might be implemented in other resorts like California or Tokyo for future shows?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Original Poster
Choreographed kites? That’s actually something I’ve never heard of (let alone even THOUGHT of)! I’m very curious what that is. Are they for projections?
Now obviously kites need wind to fly, so how are they going to fly the kites when there’s no wind? Is this like a drone disguised as a kite? Are they going to use fans?
Also, what are the chances that this kite choreography might be implemented in other resorts like California or Tokyo for future shows?
Hi! @Disneyrailfan1996! Please go to the appropriate thread to discus the new show. This thread is just for tracking rumors and events, not discussion. Thanks!

1LE McQueen

Before I bring this up, @MisterPenguin I truly appreciate your contributions and efforts in keeping this board up to date with everything in one place.

Not sure where we are in the timeline, but I was a little confused reading these two sections. Under DHS, it sounds like Dinosaur is going away / turning to Indy. Under General / Parks wide, we conclude with confidence that Dinosaur is most likely getting updates without re-themes (as quoted with posts from late 2018)

Guess we wont truly know unless it becomes official, but I just thought i'd bring it up for your insight.

Under DHS

1543429007440.png

Then under resorts,
1543429078552.png

Also as a complete side note, do you or anyone reading this, have a link to Chapek saying this? I believe you and the sources, I just want to get a feel for the crowd's reaction if he said this to an audience.

1543429648471.png

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not sure where we are in the timeline, but I was a little confused reading these two sections. Under DHS, it sounds like Dinosaur is going away / turning to Indy. Under General / Parks wide, we conclude with confidence that Dinosaur is most likely getting updates without re-themes (as quoted with posts from late 2018)

Guess we wont truly know unless it becomes official, but I just thought i'd bring it up for your insight.
The section on "the great park debate" supersedes what's under DHS. I created that section because what was rumored for Dinoland became wrapped up with other projects in other parks. What's under great park debate is the latest, namely, things are still up in the air and a lot of previous rumors are now scrapped plans: No Indy in DAK, no Shanghai PotC tech in WDW, and maybe maybe still a (mini) Indy land in DHS (but without the boat ride).

I'll update the DHS section to reflect that.

As to GotG in DHS's ToT, that link went bad thanks to how forum software adds page numbers to post numbers causing the link to misfire when posts are deleted and then some posts wind up on a new page. Some of the older links are broke because of that. I've been implementing a workaround in the newer updates. Anyway, here's where that link is supposed to point with Martin reaffirming that DHS's Tower is safe from Gaurdians.

As for a more official link to Chapek saying it, see here: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...r-terror-mission-breakout-20180328-story.html
...and Disney World loyalist fretted that a “Galaxy” re-imagining could take over Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park also. A denial by Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek earned applause at a D23 event, but it didn’t extinguish those fears.​

nickys

Before I bring this up, @MisterPenguin I truly appreciate your contributions and efforts in keeping this board up to date with everything in one place.

Under DHS

View attachment 329000

Then under resorts,
View attachment 329001

Also as a complete side note, do you or anyone reading this, have a link to Chapek saying this? I believe you and the sources, I just want to get a feel for the crowd's reaction if he said this to an audience.

View attachment 329002
I can answer the last question.

At the Destination D event in 2016, he stated the overlay would not happen at DHS. Here’s a link that I hope is OK to a report about it from the Orlando Weekly site:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...transformation-at-epcot-and-rumors-are-flying

1LE McQueen

The section on "the great park debate" supersedes what's under DHS. I created that section because what was rumored for Dinoland became wrapped up with other projects in other parks. What's under great park debate is the latest, namely, things are still up in the air and a lot of previous rumors are now scrapped plans: No Indy in DAK, no Shanghai PotC tech in WDW, and maybe maybe still a (mini) Indy land in DHS (but without the boat ride).

I'll update the DHS section to reflect that.

As to GotG in DHS's ToT, that link went bad thanks to how forum software adds page numbers to post numbers causing the link to misfire when posts are deleted and then some posts wind up on a new page. Some of the older links are broke because of that. I've been implementing a workaround in the newer updates. Anyway, here's where that link is supposed to point with Martin reaffirming that DHS's Tower is safe from Gaurdians.

As for a more official link to Chapek saying it, see here: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...r-terror-mission-breakout-20180328-story.html
...and Disney World loyalist fretted that a “Galaxy” re-imagining could take over Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park also. A denial by Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek earned applause at a D23 event, but it didn’t extinguish those fears.​
Great, thanks a ton for the clarification. I can't imagine the difficulty in keeping everything up to date and organizing the points.

I can answer the last question.

At the Destination D event in 2016, he stated the overlay would not happen at DHS. Here’s a link that I hope is OK to a report about it from the Orlando Weekly site:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...transformation-at-epcot-and-rumors-are-flying
Thanks! I'm surprised that the announcement is a bit difficult to find on video, as I still don't get the overall reaction (to his face from the audience), but I suppose the article / insider insight will have to do.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Original Poster
Magic Kingdom
  • Night Time Parade status
    • The song "Trip a Little Light Fantastic" may make an appearance [here] {added}

Epcot

Entrance / Central Spine
  • Spine plans still up in the air. One plan keeps all of Communicore/Innoventions (regut), another plan razes half of it [here] {added}

Illuminations:
  • Interim show is back on (code name: Spark) and called Epcot Forever, fall 2019
    • a tribute to Epcot features Epcot tunes, a 'spark of imagination' that grows into fireworks, lights, lasers, & choreographed SFX and kites [official]
    • will include a Holiday Tag during International Festival of the Holidays [here] {added}
  • Cleared land next to Germany pavilion and fireworks canal toward 'Africa' is for prepping for the new fireworks shows and not for a new national pavilion [here] {added}

DHS

The rumored "Phase 3" is not going to be another land, but instead, updates like the Mickey ride; however, there once was talk of "2 new areas" in the planning stages which are now off the table

General

Monorail
  • if still happening, still a few years away and will be incremental changes [here] {added}

Resorts
  • Maybe the empty resort pad on Seven Seas Lagoon that was once going to be the Venetian will be developed after all [here] {added}
  • Artist's Point restaurant going down for refurb
    • character meal being added, likely Snow White & company [here] [accomplished]

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Original Poster
MK

Speedway is getting an overhaul. [Here.]

Epcot

Mexico: maybe Coco (the new movie)
  • And Coco overlay is off the table again [here]
    • still off the table, but, maybe a nod [here] {added}

DHS

Star Wars Lands
  • Timeline:
    • it was officially announced on Feb 7, 2017 that both SWLs will open in 2019
    • Anaheim's SWL is likely to open early 2019 and Orlando's mid to end of the year. [likely]
      • Anaheim's will open first. [confirmed at D23 2017]
        • Anaheim's will open in "the summer"
        • Iger mentioned June. Press previews and blackout dates suggest late June. {updated}
      • Orlando's in "late fall." [official]
        • Disney has stopped announcing "Late Fall" is now announcing "Fall 2019" {updated}
        • Looking for an October-November window for Orlando. [here] {added}
  • a proposed "phase two" for SWL is roughly a decade away [here]
    • A small possibility of a third ride added to SWL [weak] [not happening]
    • a third ride not happening with the opening of SWL, however, the thick bump in the berm next to Pixar Lane is the pad for a future ride if ever it comes [here]
    • also, SWL will not expand into Grand Avenue, but there are other directions to go [here] {added}

Top Bottom