WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianstl

Did you read the article or just the headline? It says right in there 39% of regular theater goers said they were very likely or somewhat likely to see a show if Broadway opened by Sept 1. Of the people who aren’t likely to return the number 1 reason given was a fear that safety measures put in place wouldn’t be followed. There’s no selection bias. They polled almost 800 regular theater goers in New York. They didn’t just pool people who were hesitant to return.
The number one reason given from the 43% percent that are not going to return by the end of the year (not September 1) was a fear that safety measures put in place wouldn’t be followed at 58% percent when it comes to social distancing. That means 25% of those surveyed overall gave that answer. That didn't stop them from framing it as this was stopping some majority of theater goers from attending right now.

rowrbazzle

Group C is not possible in most of this country. You cannot get doorstep groceries. Even people in nursing homes are in group b because the staff isn’t locked down.

All the stores here deliver groceries - either to your door or with curbside pickup. You don't interact with anyone in either situation. Actually, I've groceries delivered on trips in multiple states (including at Disney World). I've been living the lockdown life for two and half months now. I recognize that this isn't the case for many, but it certainly exists.

ImperfectPixie

Really? All the stores here deliver groceries - either to your door or with curbside pickup. You don't interact with anyone in either situation. I've been living the lockdown life for two and half months now. I recognize that this isn't the case for many, but it certainly exists.
And often no substitution is allowed, or quality of produce/meat isn't great, or they don't have what you need...not to mention that delivery charges and tips add up fast.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The number one reason given from the 43% percent that are not going to return by the end of the year (not September 1) was a fear that safety measures put in place wouldn’t be followed at 58% percent when it comes to social distancing. That means 25% of those surveyed overall gave that answer. That didn't stop them from framing it as this was stopping some majority of theater goers from attending right now.
Here‘s the headline:
Poll Shows One Hurdle to Reopening Broadway: Fear of Jerks
A New York Times/Siena College Research Institute poll found that theatergoers who are hesitant to return worry that the people around them won’t follow the rules.

How is that framing it that it was stopping the majority of theater goers from attending? 39% of normal theater goers said they would return 9/1. Of the majority that would not return one of the hurdles is fear that people wouldn’t follow the rules. I’m sure another big hurdle is money. Some of those people either lost their jobs or were furloughed.

rowrbazzle

And often no substitution is allowed, or quality of produce/meat isn't great, or they don't have what you need...not to mention that delivery charges and tips add up fast.

Whether one is satisfied or not wasn't my point (ours have been great, though). The poster said you can't get doorstep groceries, which isn't accurate.

ImperfectPixie

Whether one is satisfied or not wasn't my point (ours have been great, though). The poster said you can't get doorstep groceries, which isn't accurate.
Not everyone can afford to or has access, either. Never mind those who wouldn't be able to figure it out - like a decent percent of the elderly. We live in the suburbs, but we're in the boonies in our town, so we can't even get pizza delivered because it's too long a drive.

brianstl

Here‘s the headline:
Poll Shows One Hurdle to Reopening Broadway: Fear of Jerks
A New York Times/Siena College Research Institute poll found that theatergoers who are hesitant to return worry that the people around them won’t follow the rules.

How is that framing it that it was stopping the majority of theater goers from attending? 39% of normal theater goers said they would return 9/1. Of the majority that would not return one of the hurdles is fear that people wouldn’t follow the rules. I’m sure another big hurdle is money. Some of those people either lost their jobs or were furloughed.
The first two paragraphs of the article:
New Yorkers are decidedly reluctant to return to Broadway shows in September, according to a new poll, but they are significantly more willing to go by the end of the year — as long as certain safeguards are in place.

And for the hesitant, their single greatest concern is their fellow audience members, who they worry will show up without masks or ignore social distancing rules.

That is framing it as the number one reason of theater goers who won't return in September is according to their own headline "jerks". But the article never provides any of the survey results of that group that shows that to be the case. It, also, curiously doesn't link to the poll so a reader could obtain that information themselves. The only survey results they provide is for a smaller subset of that group that answered that they won't return before the end of the year. We don't know from the article where "jerks" ranks at all among those who said they won't return in September.

rowrbazzle

Not everyone can afford to or has access, either. Never mind those who wouldn't be able to figure it out - like a decent percent of the elderly. We live in the suburbs, but we're in the boonies in our town, so we can't even get pizza delivered because it's too long a drive.

I know and that's why I said, I recognize that this isn't the case for many, but it certainly exists.

Kamikaze

We returned ours. We owed 2700 in taxes. LOL. I hope I get another one I can use to actually stimulate the economy.

You didn't really return it then, you got $1200 off your taxes for free. Same as you spending that $1200 on groceries and a different $1200 on your taxes.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Orange County briefing is going on right now. The mayor just confirmed that Walt Disney World and Sea World will present their opening plans tomorrow morning. He noted they did their on site review of both sites today and they expect ‘good news’ from the presentation. He stated that if the commission approves the plan tomorrow morning he would immediately submit it to the governor for final approval.

Last edited:

Miss Bella

Orange County briefing is going on right now. The mayor just confirmed that Walt Disney World and Sea World will present their opening plans tomorrow morning. He noted they did their on site review of both sites today and they expect ‘good news’ from the presentation. He stated that if the commission approves the plan tomorrow morning he would immediately submit it to the governor for final approval.
When they submit their plans they have to have a date. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom