WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

donsullivan

Premium Member
When they submit their plans they have to have a date. Is that correct?
I don't not believe their is any specific language that requires that but I do believe from everything I've heard locally the plan is expected to include the date they would like to re-open. This is following exactly the same pattern that Universal and the other smaller locations (Gatorland, Fun Spot, etc..) followed last week. The Orange County department of health was on site at WDW and Sea World today reviewing their procedures for cleanliness which is what they are looking for to approve the plan.
Bottom line, by this time tomorrow you should hear the date that WDW will begin to re-open the parks.

the_rich

Well the ocregister has a story saying gov. Newsom is putting theme parks into phase 3. He said they are estimating mid June for that. So I would say disneyland in early July and I can't see wdw opening later than them in Cali.

Miss Bella

I don't not believe their is any specific language that requires that but I do believe from everything I've heard locally the plan is expected to include the date they would like to re-open. This is following exactly the same pattern that Universal and the other smaller locations (Gatorland, Fun Spot, etc..) followed last week. The Orange County department of health was on site at WDW and Sea World today reviewing their procedures for cleanliness which is what they are looking for to approve the plan.
Bottom line, by this time tomorrow you should hear the date that WDW will begin to re-open the parks.
Good will find out whose predictions were true.

robhedin

When DeSantis announced that theme parks should submit their plans he said:
“They should identify the date certain that they believe that they can resume safe operations,” DeSantis said of the park operators. “They have to provide how they’re going to do it, how they’re going to accommodate the guests, how they’re going to protect the staff…”

Miss Bella

Like I said. We will be hearing mid June tomorrow. Sorry I can't give you an exact day next month.
I think it will be sometime between mid June and July 5. I’m more concerned with how they are opening then when. At least I have plenty of time now to change my vacation dates if all four parks aren’t open by August.

donsullivan

Premium Member
When DeSantis announced that theme parks should submit their plans he said:
“They should identify the date certain that they believe that they can resume safe operations,” DeSantis said of the park operators. “They have to provide how they’re going to do it, how they’re going to accommodate the guests, how they’re going to protect the staff…”
What I was referring to was that there wasn't specific language in the executive order that required a date but it is assumed the plan will include a date consistent with the governors speech quoted above. It's expected to be a phased opening and there may not be hard dates for every single phase just yet which I'm sure will cause another round of angst and whining.

Epcotbob

Well the ocregister has a story saying gov. Newsom is putting theme parks into phase 3. He said they are estimating mid June for that. So I would say disneyland in early July and I can't see wdw opening later than them in Cali.

Yep, when I saw people predicting Disneyland not till November, possibly not till 2021 I knew there was no way it would go that long. At the time I predicted August....maybe even July. Now I'm leaning July.

the_rich

Yep, when I saw people predicting Disneyland not till November, possibly not till 2021 I knew there was no way it would go that long. At the time I predicted August....maybe even July. Now I'm leaning July.
Yea I'm hoping July. I have a trip booked for Aug 20th. I have no problem wearing a mask as long as I can get my disney fix lol.

robhedin

What I was referring to was that there wasn't specific language in the executive order that required a date but it is assumed the plan will include a date consistent with the governors speech quoted above. It's expected to be a phased opening and there may not be hard dates for every single phase just yet which I'm sure will cause another round of angst and whining.
Ok, how about this then-

From executive order # 20-123 executed by Ron DeSantis on May 15, 2020:
Section 3. Amusement Parks
Amusement parks may submit a re-opening plan to the State of Florida that includes a proposed date for resumption of operations and proposed guidelines to ensure guest and staff safety. Requests to re-open must include an endorsement letter from the County Mayor or in absence ofa county mayor from the City Mayor and County Administrator. This request shall identify a future date certain for re-opening and verify that the official has approved a re-open plan to ensure patron and staff safety.

See: https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-123.pdf

donsullivan

Premium Member
Ok, how about this then-

From executive order # 20-123 executed by Ron DeSantis on May 15, 2020:
Section 3. Amusement Parks
Amusement parks may submit a re-opening plan to the State of Florida that includes a proposed date for resumption of operations and proposed guidelines to ensure guest and staff safety. Requests to re-open must include an endorsement letter from the County Mayor or in absence ofa county mayor from the City Mayor and County Administrator. This request shall identify a future date certain for re-opening and verify that the official has approved a re-open plan to ensure patron and staff safety.

See: https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-123.pdf
Clearly I missed an executive order (there have been so many) but the bottom line is they will have a date in their presentation tomorrow.

robhedin

Clearly I missed an executive order (there have been so many) but the bottom line is they will have a date in their presentation tomorrow.
Absolutely. To be honest, I didn't think there was one either, which was why I went and looked.

I will say that tomorrow should be loads of fun.

No matter the date, there's going to be a contingent here that is going to be upset- either they're opening too soon or not soon enough.

Personally, I was expecting a late June opening (which was how I voted); it'll be interesting to finally have clarity.

I kinda wish Vegas would give us odds on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom