WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not true. I have reservations starting the 3rd. Hoping Martin can make some Disney magic for me. I will remember....
A valid point. I shouldn’t have said nobody. I should have said the vast majority of Disney visitors. There are some people booked in that 3 week period who would obviously be disappointed. Most would rebook later and a lot wouldn’t care 6 months or a year later.

Touchdown

We're talking about different groups of people.

Group A - Engages in high risk behavior.
Group B - Engages in normal behavior.
Group C - Locks down.

Yes, you're right, people in Group A pose a risk for Group B. But neither group poses a risk to Group C. If Group B knows and accepts the risk of mixing in public spaces with people from Group A, they should be allowed to take that risk. People who choose to be Group C can do that. We don't need to force everyone to be Group C.

Group C is not possible in most of this country. You cannot get doorstep groceries. Even people in nursing homes are in group b because the staff isn’t locked down.

Parker in NYC

Yes, it's the Times. Whatever, skip this if it goes against your religion. But apply this all to the Disney parks and voila! You see my reasoning for not going back any time soon after they reopen.

Waiting for the rebuttal that there are always jerks. Enjoy that bubble.

Disney Analyst

Group C also ends up at risk in many circumstances. Unless they can get 100% of everything they need online. (Groceries here would be a nightmare, but I'm in the northeast.)
Group C is not possible in most of this country. You cannot get doorstep groceries. Even people in nursing homes are in group b because the staff isn’t locked down.

Great points. Most of us are forced into group B in some way shape and form, which makes group A all the more infuriating.

Peter Pan's Shadow

A valid point. I shouldn’t have said nobody. I should have said the vast majority of Disney visitors. There are some people booked in that 3 week period who would obviously be disappointed. Most would rebook later and a lot wouldn’t care 6 months or a year later.
Yeah we had a trip in March (got moved to June and canceled) July and October. The June one wasn't a rough loss, just meh. But did you ever have a trip that all the reservations fell into place, got the free food plan, great resort with discounted rooms, every fastpass we wanted...due to a previous inconvenience we got additional multi-passes for this trip...it was/is going to be glorious.

CaptainAmerica

Yes, it's the Times. Whatever, skip this if it goes against your religion. But apply this all to the Disney parks and voila! You see my reasoning for not going back any time soon after they reopen.

Waiting for the rebuttal that there are always jerks. Enjoy that bubble.
This is called selection bias.

"A New York Times/Siena College Research Institute poll found that theatergoers who are hesitant to return worry that the people around them won’t follow the rules."

"Theatergoers who are hesitant to return" is the sample. Of course "theatergoers who are hesitant to return" are worried about people around them following the rules, that's what makes them "theatergoers who are hesitant to return." It's a tautology. It could just as easily read "theatergoers who are not hesitant to return do not worry that the people around them won't follow the rules."

Parker in NYC

"A New York Times/Siena College Research Institute poll found that theatergoers who are hesitant to return worry that the people around them won’t follow the rules."

"Theatergoers who are hesitant to return" is the sample. Of course "theatergoers who are hesitant to return" are worried about people around them following the rules, that's what makes them "theatergoers who are hesitant to return." It's a tautology. It could just as easily read "theatergoers who are not hesitant to return do not worry that the people around them won't follow the rules."

Biased. New York Times. What if it were a Fox study?

Parker in NYC

You probably should read what the poster actually posted.

Judging by how well people follow the rules about cell phones, outside food, etc. this sounds, unfortunately, like a pretty reasonable concern. And mechanically, I'm just not sure how a theater would enforce something like removing a mask after the house lights dimmed.

ImperfectPixie

A better poll would have been "are you hesitant to return"...not "why are you hesitant to return".

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Did you read the article or just the headline? It says right in there 39% of regular theater goers said they were very likely or somewhat likely to see a show if Broadway opened by Sept 1. Of the people who aren’t likely to return the number 1 reason given was a fear that safety measures put in place wouldn’t be followed. There’s no selection bias. They polled almost 800 regular theater goers in New York. They didn’t just pool people who were hesitant to return.

Peter Pan's Shadow

I'm a girl. Apologies if you don't remember everything you wrote but it stuck.
Ok. Lol. Doesn't change the fact that you were a jerk to me over opening dates, when I never questioned your guesses at not being June and the comment you plucked out of the air didn't say June. Lol. Like I said, I hope you find peace soon.

And you were upset with me from weeks ago and just now chose an arbitrary opportunity to get back at me? Whoa.

Parker in NYC

Ok. Lol. Doesn't change the fact that you were a jerk to me over opening dates, when I never questioned your guesses at not being June and the comment you plucked out of the air didn't say June. Lol. Like I said, I hope you find peace soon.

You kept referring to me condescendingly as "man" so I thought I'd ed-u-ma-cate you. I hope you find... whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom