WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Absolutely. To be honest, I didn't think there was one either, which was why I went and looked.

I will say that tomorrow should be loads of fun.

No matter the date, there's going to be a contingent here that is going to be upset- either they're opening too soon or not soon enough.

Personally, I was expecting a late June opening (which was how I voted); it'll be interesting to finally have clarity.

I kinda wish Vegas would give us odds on this.
Part of the issue is that they've been playing around with multiple possible opening dates and timelines for quite some time now and the NBA opportunity was influencing the timeline of certain assets in those timelines. Each timeline had different drivers pushing that as the correct date. I've been hearing of one specific timeline pretty consistently, from a number of personal sources for some time now and I'll be curious if what they announce is consistent with that timeline.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Absolutely. To be honest, I didn't think there was one either, which was why I went and looked.

No matter the date, there's going to be a contingent here that is going to be upset- either they're opening too soon or not soon enough.

Personally, I was expecting a late June opening (which was how I voted); it'll be interesting to finally have clarity.

My guess is if the date’s not in June there will be a lot more people upset than if it is.

Miss Bella

I don’t care when they open just give me a date.

DisneyCane

Vegas has to open back up before the presentation to give odds on it! :)

robhedin

Unfortunately, the executive orders were written by lawyers, so should has a very different meaning than must, and may is very different than shall. Some words are absolute, others are subject to interpretation.
Exactly-- the order states they may submit a reopening plan, but that request shall identify the certain reopening date.

So there's no timeline for them to submit the plan, but when they do, they have to have an opening date. It'll be interesting to see how far in the future that date will be.

Herdman

I don't not believe their is any specific language that requires that but I do believe from everything I've heard locally the plan is expected to include the date they would like to re-open. This is following exactly the same pattern that Universal and the other smaller locations (Gatorland, Fun Spot, etc..) followed last week. The Orange County department of health was on site at WDW and Sea World today reviewing their procedures for cleanliness which is what they are looking for to approve the plan.
Bottom line, by this time tomorrow you should hear the date that WDW will begin to re-open the parks.
I'm not sure you'd call it specific language, but the Governor said he wanted them to present opening plans that included a date.

robhedin

I'm not sure you'd call it specific language, but the Governor said he wanted them to present opening plans that included a date.
Actually, it was pretty specific--

They could present an opening plan, but if they did it must include opening dates. I posted the actual text of the order earlier.

Disstevefan1

I would be surprised if Disney did not present a plan to open WDW with an opening date this coming Thursday at the Orange County meeting. We will see.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I mean... it's a day that may be a little better than the previous 90 days. It's pretty hard to call any days "great" in these times.
I was kinda thinking the same thing, but in these times people want anything good to hang on to. I’ll be ridiculously over excited when my barbershop reopens ;)

Herdman

Actually, it was pretty specific--

They could present an opening plan, but if they did it must include opening dates. I posted the actual text of the order earlier.
yes, I saw that. I didn't realize it was part on an Executive Order when I heard he had said that.

RSoxNo1

The word perception has been big lately.

- Perception of safety
- Perception of responsibility
- Perception of the company/brand if Magic Kingdom turns into a hotspot for COVID19

The optics matter her just as much as actual safety. Perception is key..
Right, consider this like security or TSA. There is an aspect of this that is theater and an aspect that is actual safety. Yes there is some overlap, but both are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom