WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiminy.cricket

Stich131313, I really like that picture. I, in all my crazy thoughts, had never considered a shot from behind like that. It is really good. I would love to see a siluhette (sp??) where Walt and Mickey are all black and the light is in the back ground. Oh how I will be playing with the camera over Thanksgiving (hopefully).

Me too! Good ideas...

WEDisney

Mine for the night
MexicoOutside.jpg

jeffb

No worries. I was once accused on digitally manipulating something on these forums, mainly because the person running the contest didnt have a friggin clue how to do all that "in camera".... But anyways....

That photo has been hand-of-godded and then some. Of course its not hard to get the same shot without photoshop tricks. Laura can. I can. Everyone i know that shoots can. You just exposue for the statue.

Photoshop or no photoshop - what is the big deal? Photoshop is just another tool in a photographer's toolbox. Wouldn't you agree? Isn't the finished photo the important element?

brkgnews

It's all on what you're going for... I don't mind some minor tweaking (prime example, that EPCOT fountain photo. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion). But the castl/epartners photo ended up looking almost cartoony because the blur was completely blurred, while the partners statue was in complete forcus with all the digital "noise" intact. If it was taken with the depth of field set just so, the castle would have been blurred but still had digital noise in it. In all honesty, it looked like you found one photo of partners and another of the castle and put the two together.

It's no huge deal -- just one of those "zen of photography" questions.

PewterPirate

I've been lurking on this board for a few years, I figure it's time to post something. My mom always told me never to talk to stangers, but I really never listened to her much anyway. I figure I'll start out with the man who started it all. I also have been scanning some slides that my dad took of the Magic Kingdom from the '70's, Epcot from the early '80's and also of Disneyland from 1968.

DSC00662.jpg

20000Leagues.jpg

PhotoDave219

Photoshop or no photoshop - what is the big deal? Photoshop is just another tool in a photographer's toolbox. Wouldn't you agree? Isn't the finished photo the important element?

Nope. I'm not about to jump into a giant ethics debate on photoshop, misleading viewers, managing reality and all that stuff.

So I'm going to agree to disagree here and move on. I dont use photoshop beyond the basics of cropping and toning of photos and the odd removal of dust marks. This is what i do for a living; i only use the computer as a digital darkroom, eg. i only use photoshop for what can be done in a darkroom.

Generally, i feel that people should work on composition and exposure and taking good pictures and not worry about having to "fix it later." Take it right the first time and you'll save yourself a lot of work.

jeffb

... But the castl/epartners photo ended up looking almost cartoony because the blur was completely blurred, while the partners statue was in complete forcus with all the digital "noise" intact.....

But the cartoon effect is what I was going for, similar to the Indy Speedway photo.

... It's no huge deal -- just one of those "zen of photography" questions.

Agree - lets post some photo opposed to crtiquing them.

dazzer68

a mixed bag of paris pics
outside its a small world
100_1650.jpg

the crystal castle at christmas!
DSC00904.jpg

and toad hall which i think is a restaurant (it was closed)
DSC00992.jpg

dazzer68

oh is it! it was closed when we were there, but id had lots of tables and chairs outside so i thought it must have been a seasonal restaurant! oh pity would love to have done that attration was it the same as wdw had?

raven

oh is it! it was closed when we were there, but id had lots of tables and chairs outside so i thought it must have been a seasonal restaurant! oh pity would love to have done that attration was it the same as wdw had?

I think Toad at Disneyland is so much better than it was at WDW. The effects, ride building, and lighting was much better and the hallways are very narrow at DL giving you that out-of-control feeling. I especially like the begining of the ride where you enter a room and turn around a exit through the fireplace. From the queue area you can see the embers burning on the floor and scattering when a car goes over them. Great effect! :wave:

Figment82

I had never noticed it either until Friday when I was there. Its across from the boat along Echo Lake at the Disney/MGM Studios.

I was so thrilled to see a box addressed to Max Bialystock - The Producers is my absolute favorite musical and I love the movie, so that was a great surprise! Those crates are an amazing detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom