WDW Permits 2013

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the first post on this thread I have added a list of the recent South Florida Water Management District permits. I haven't found any way to link directly to these so I have provided instructions on how to get to them. There are not a lot of these permits since they only need to be filed when a project is going to effect wetlands or storm water control.

Tom

Beta Return
In the first post on this thread I have added a list of the recent South Florida Water Management District permits. I haven't found any way to link directly to these so I have provided instructions on how to get to them. There are not a lot of these permits since they only need to be filed when a project is going to effect wetlands or storm water control.

Very nice!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Missed one of the most important one, the FotLK threatre move. It's there now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Missed one of the most important one, the FotLK threatre move. It's there now.

Thanks to Brian_WDW74 I have added a bunch more of these permits. 130307-8 - Harvest Energy Garden is an interesting one, it's a waste to energy plant that is being build at the RCID water treatment plant. Not very glamorous, but still interesting. You can see more information on the project here:

http://www.harvestpower.com/florida/technology/

Tom

Beta Return
Thanks to Brian_WDW74 I have added a bunch more of these permits. 130307-8 - Harvest Energy Garden is an interesting one, it's a waste to energy plant that is being build at the RCID water treatment plant. Not very glamorous, but still interesting. You can see more information on the project here:

http://www.harvestpower.com/florida/technology/

That's cool. I build power plants for Waste Management. They suck the methane out of landfills and use it to fuel special generators that Caterpillar made. Its incredible, and sounds similar to Harvest's projects.

Pixiedustmaker

I wonder if they got some sort of "terrorism grant", because they're adding bollards to a LOT of pylons this time. A couple years ago, when I was still doing permits, they added them around a lot of the pylons, like on the Epcot loop (by roads and in parking lot) and at the Poly. Seems like a lot of money to protect the pylons, when they've been safe for 40+ years.

A couple years ago a truck hit one of the bollards, I think knocked it out of the ground, so they do serve and important function. Some bean counter probably realized that if a truck did ram a pylon, it would be pretty expensive to replace, maybe that run-away golf cart incident had something to do with this in terms of risk management reviewing stuff again.

Pixiedustmaker

No. Disney announced Avatar and not an ounce of paperwork had been filed with the government. They can announce things all day long, and never actually do anything, which seems to be the trend.

If they're going to do something at DHS, the first official documents will surface when they file with the Florida Water Management department, since they will most certainly be affecting watershed and drainage if they do anything major back where LMA and the Backlot Tour are.

The next thing we'll see are minor Noc's for the construction office trailer complexes.

DHS is also partially surrounded by a conservation easement parcel which also lies *below* the 100 year flood plane level . . . the property hasn't experience a 100 year flood since opening day, but Disney is very disinclined to build below the 100 yr flood level, plenty of higher ground to build on, to say nothing of legal and other issues involving a permanent conservation easement. There is a small little area they could expand near LMA, but not really big enough for much of anything.

Tom

Beta Return
DHS is also partially surrounded by a conservation easement parcel which also lies *below* the 100 year flood plane level . . . the property hasn't experience a 100 year flood since opening day, but Disney is very disinclined to build below the 100 yr flood level, plenty of higher ground to build on, to say nothing of legal and other issues involving a permanent conservation easement. There is a small little area they could expand near LMA, but not really big enough for much of anything.

Right, but if they bulldozed everything in the SW corner of the park, there would be plenty of room (including that triangle of land) to add quite a bit. And anything they do will affect watershed, so we'll see the plans pop up with the SFWMD.

Pixiedustmaker

Right, but if they bulldozed everything in the SW corner of the park, there would be plenty of room (including that triangle of land) to add quite a bit. And anything they do will affect watershed, so we'll see the plans pop up with the SFWMD.

Yeah, I'm thinking they could in theory use that bit of land for a showbuilding for an E-Ticket, like an Incredibles ride, the proximity to the freeway is a drawback for make it a walk-around guest area, they wouldn't need to bulldoze all of LMA, though that would make this easier. Kinda think that LMA would go anywhere because it is new, and just knowing how Disney operates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom