WDW Permits 2013

PeterAlt

Found this interesting post, claiming this permit found has to do with reworking the DHS backstage tour, which would be a requirement if the rumored DHS expansion rumors are true. Also, if this is really for that, thot would mean they decided to keep the tram tour, but in revised form.

Oh, "thot" is not a typo. It's a word I just made up meaning a third party to "this" and "that".

http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tramload2.jpg

Remove the stars and add "epcy" followed by "clopedia".

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Found this interesting post, claiming this permit found has to do with reworking the DHS backstage tour, which would be a requirement if the rumored DHS expansion rumors are true. Also, if this is really for that, thot would mean they decided to keep the tram tour, but in revised form.

Oh, "thot" is not a typo. It's a word I just made up meaning a third party to "this" and "that".

http://www.************.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tramload2.jpg

That post is almost a year old. Fairly certain the news surrounding the SW expansion has impacted things.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

http://www.************.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tramload2.jpg

I remember seeing these last year and seeing that article. I didn't see anything to make be think this was anything significant, could have just been a safety upgrade or something like that. Note that the article says the work would be completed by "the middle of 2013". He is probably basing that on the expiration date included on the document. The date is exactly one year from the date it was filed, and these documents expire in one year by default if a date isn't provided. I see a lot of notices of commencement that are like this so never put much weight in that date if its exactly one year from the filing date. The date tends to have more meaning if it's more or less then the default one year. So whatever work was done on this permit is probably long complete.

PeterAlt

If Disney is to announce anything that has to do with a DHS makeover/expansion (pick your rumor), do they need to have the paperwork already files? If so, would something related to this project been filed already?

Tom

Beta Return
If Disney is to announce anything that has to do with a DHS makeover/expansion (pick your rumor), do they need to have the paperwork already files? If so, would something related to this project been filed already?

No. Disney announced Avatar and not an ounce of paperwork had been filed with the government. They can announce things all day long, and never actually do anything, which seems to be the trend.

If they're going to do something at DHS, the first official documents will surface when they file with the Florida Water Management department, since they will most certainly be affecting watershed and drainage if they do anything major back where LMA and the Backlot Tour are.

The next thing we'll see are minor Noc's for the construction office trailer complexes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
No. Disney announced Avatar and not an ounce of paperwork had been filed with the government. They can announce things all day long, and never actually do anything, which seems to be the trend.

If they're going to do something at DHS, the first official documents will surface when they file with the Florida Water Management department, since they will most certainly be affecting watershed and drainage if they do anything major back where LMA and the Backlot Tour are.

The next thing we'll see are minor Noc's for the construction office trailer complexes.

To add to this, the documents I link to here are Notices of Commencement (not actually permits) so usually show up only a few days before work begins.

The Florida Water Management paperwork tipped off the Festival of the Lion King move since it was submitted months before construction began.

Tom

Beta Return
To add to this, the documents I link to here are Notices of Commencement (not actually permits) so usually show up only a few days before work begins.

The Florida Water Management paperwork tipped off the Festival of the Lion King move since it was submitted months before construction began.

....and the Grand Floridian Villas, and New Fantasyland.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have we seen the same detailed plans as we have for these projects for Disney Springs? Or as it is mostly repurposing are they not necessary?

The plans submitted to the Florida Water Management district don't give details of what is being built for Disney Springs, it just shows the water management plan.

You can see the plans by going here:

http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1

and entering 130215-8 for the Application #.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I go on vacation for a few a week and of course I get flooded with permits! The July permits are all caught up now. Here are some highlights:

- There were a whole bunch of Buena Vista Construction permits in all kinds of locations (stores, rides, services, backstage, etc.) all over property. Doesn't seem to be a pattern and as usual no details in the permits.
- A bunch more permits for AT&T telecom work including the removal and replacement of T-Mobile and Verizon antennas.
- Permits for Osborne Lights which are pretty common this time of year.
- Permit for the refurbishment of the Liberty Belle dock.
- Bunch more Disney Springs permits.

and my new favorite contractor name "Falcon of the Nile Water Solutions, LLC".

I go on vacation for a few a week and of course I get flooded with permits! The July permits are all caught up now. Here are some highlights:

- There were a whole bunch of Buena Vista Construction permits in all kinds of locations (stores, rides, services, backstage, etc.) all over property. Doesn't seem to be a pattern and as usual no details in the permits.
- A bunch more permits for AT&T telecom work including the removal and replacement of T-Mobile and Verizon antennas.
- Permits for Osborne Lights which are pretty common this time of year.
- Permit for the refurbishment of the Liberty Belle dock.
- Bunch more Disney Springs permits.

and my new favorite contractor name "Falcon of the Nile Water Solutions, LLC".

Falcon does Pool/water feature installation, treatment and support, they come past the hotel I work at here in Orlando once a month with salt and to check equipment.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It doesn't matter. This is the first tangible proof of something big in the works! Wish they would green light it already and make an announcement! Could be years away. Could be months. The suspense is killing me!

Nah, probably going to be used to show the WDW Imagineering all the cool things coming to other parks that WDW will never get. ;)

PeterAlt

Nah, probably going to be used to show the WDW Imagineering all the cool things coming to other parks that WDW will never get. ;)
By the way, Google Earth has new 3D satellite imagery up for the entire WDW area that's even more detailed than before, including 3D fly-around of buildings and Street View of every road.

Of course, I zeroed in on the "footer". There's a lot more detail. You can make out a "hook"-like object in the center. There is writing on one end. I spent too much time trying to make out what it says. I would like to say that it says "E SPUR", but I can't get more details on the letters to claim that it says anything at this point. Take a look for yourself. Tilt up from near ground-level facing it at each point of view three dimentionally to get the greatest amount of details. Too bad this is a restricted area or they would have taken a Street View image of it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom