WDW Permits 2013

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tom

Beta Return
A lot of maintenance related permits over the past few days for parking lot and road resurfacing, roofs and pool work. Also, the most detailed work description I have yet seen on a permit, shame it's not for anything interesting:

Textile Services Administration - Install new countertop with base cabinet, remove 16'x5' of wall to provide and opening for pass through, install sinks and fixtures, remove existing receptacles relocated into counter backsplash

Wow. Sounds like a noob at NoC applications :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Twenty five permits today, but nothing to interesting. Some Buena Vista Construction Company permits for Space Mountain, Pirates, Big Thunder, and Tomorrowland Terrace. There were also BVCC for the turnstiles at Animal Kingdom including the Rainforest Cafe turnstiles.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Stream of permits continued today, still nothing to exciting. Electrical work around the Mainstreet Hub and lighting mods in Be Our Guest. Also a bunch of electrical permits around New York street in DHS, likely for Osborne Lights.

WDWFanDave

Can't come up with anything. Seeing that address would help.

Just a shot in the dark here, but looking at the map on Google Earth, perhaps it's for the Backlot Tour Cool Set Refreshment stand? That being said, it's the only reference I can find to anything called that at DHS...no mention of it on park maps, etc. Maybe it was refreshments at one time and then turned into the DVC kiosk? Been too long since I've been in that area of the park.

Tom

Beta Return
Toy Story is 585 and the new Jack Sparrow attraction is 745 so this one would be in the other side of Toy Story. Maybe something to do with the backlot tour?

I wonder if they meant CC instead of CS, for Back lot Tour Catastrophe Canyon?

Or Costume Shop. That location would work.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A lot of permits today and a couple interesting ones.

There were 10 permits for HVAC Modifications at various locations around Magic Kingdom. Also at Magic Kingdom was one for Sculpture Installation at Splash Mountain. I believe I saw mention recently that a sculpture had been removed from in front of Splash, so this is probably it's return. There was also a permit for the contractor Coastal Steel for Space Ship Earth with an expiration date of Feb 2014 so that would seem to indicate something pretty significant.

msteel

There was also a permit for the contractor Coastal Steel for Space Ship Earth with an expiration date of Feb 2014 so that would seem to indicate something pretty significant.

Looks like Coastal did the wand. And the Hat.

And a whole lot of other stuff that is much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom