WDW Permits 2013

jt04

Four more permits for Disney Springs today, 2 more operations trailers, one for a wood "patron fence" at 1580 E.Buena Vista Dr and most significantly one for a trailer compound for WDI and general contractor.

It's going to take me a while to get all the permits posted since they filed 40 of them today, the most I have ever seen in one day by a pretty large margin!

WDI in the house!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
All the permits from yesterday and today are now posted. All 40 permits yesterday were from Buena Vista Construction. They were for a bunch of food locations in AK, DHS and Epcot as well as permits for a bunch of hotels. There were a couple more hotel permits today from other contractors that showed the work area as the entire hotel property.

PeterAlt

That's very rare. Maybe they're piling up on someone's desk and there will be 50 one day. That happened to me a few times.....so annoying.
No, they've just decided to end this "building stuff"-thing. It was just too costly and made people work - and who wants to do that when there's so many Facebook updates needing to get read!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Couple interesting permits today.

This one is called the Pylon Protection Project and appears to be for the installation of concrete bollards around the monorail pylons:

Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, North Service Area, Epcot, EC121, EC272, TTC - Cast in place concrete and bollards

There are also a series of permits from one contractor that cover the entire property for Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter and parks of AK Lodge. No idea what these are for.

Tom

Beta Return
Couple interesting permits today.

This one is called the Pylon Protection Project and appears to be for the installation of concrete bollards around the monorail pylons:

Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, North Service Area, Epcot, EC121, EC272, TTC - Cast in place concrete and bollards

There are also a series of permits from one contractor that cover the entire property for Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter and parks of AK Lodge. No idea what these are for.

I wonder if they got some sort of "terrorism grant", because they're adding bollards to a LOT of pylons this time. A couple years ago, when I was still doing permits, they added them around a lot of the pylons, like on the Epcot loop (by roads and in parking lot) and at the Poly. Seems like a lot of money to protect the pylons, when they've been safe for 40+ years.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder if they got some sort of "terrorism grant", because they're adding bollards to a LOT of pylons this time. A couple years ago, when I was still doing permits, they added them around a lot of the pylons, like on the Epcot loop (by roads and in parking lot) and at the Poly. Seems like a lot of money to protect the pylons, when they've been safe for 40+ years.

There was also that incident a while back where someone crashed into one of the pylons that may also have something to do with it.

PeterAlt

Ah, interesting. And it appears they had installed the other pylons I was referring to just before then. So more than a couple years ago (2010).
This need to install these will only make any future expansion of the system more costly - and safer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting group of infrastructure permits today. 16 permits covering over 100 locations in parks and resorts for "AT&T Back of House Installation", contractor is Communication Technology Services. Appears to be some sort of telecom work.

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting group of infrastructure permits today. 16 permits covering over 100 locations in parks and resorts for "AT&T Back of House Installation", contractor is Communication Technology Services. Appears to be some sort of telecom work.

I wonder if it's cell repeaters. On my last trip our AT&T service was awful.

I'm thinking more along the lines of their in-house phone system 100 locations would be a lot for cell repeaters. They just need a couple more towers for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom