WDW Permits 2013

PeterAlt

Nothing is official, but all indications are that is where it is going to go. I have never heard there were concrete plans to move FOLTK prior to Avatar, although it was discussed among fans a lot since it makes sense.
We just don't know. So, it's there for either Avatar or Lion King is the safer guess. I'm leaning more on Lion King now that I'm thinking about it because that was the original site for Beastly Kingdom, which Avatar has replaced.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
We just don't know. So, it's there for either Avatar or Lion King is the safer guess. I'm leaning more on Lion King now that I'm thinking about it because that was the original site for Beastly Kingdom, which Avatar has replaced.

If you are talking about the WDI trailer, then it's not likely it's being used for either since it's on the other side of the park. It doesn't even have to be for a major project, it could just be a WDI office that's getting some refurb work.

The Asia plot is most likely being saved in case they want to build another larger animal attraction since it's a very large plot of land and is close to the existing animal care facilities.

PeterAlt

If you are talking about the WDI trailer, then it's not likely it's being used for either since it's on the other side of the park. It doesn't even have to be for a major project, it could just be a WDI office that's getting some refurb work.

The Asia plot is most likely being saved in case they want to build another larger animal attraction since it's a very large plot of land and is close to the existing animal care facilities.
Oh...

themonkeyisthesultan

There's an existing WDI office near the park's north security gate.

PeterAlt

1400 Monorail Way is the Diamond Horse Shoe Revue...

http://www.city-data.com/fl-restaurants/DIAMOND-HORSESHOE.html

The first MW could stand for Monorail Way. I'll figure this one out.

EDIT - This has a Lake Buena Vista address. Magic Kingdom is in Bay Lake, not Lake Buena Vista. Lake Buena Vista has ANOTHER Monorail Way. Upper 3000s are related to Golden Oak... I'll nail this one!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
1400 Monorail Way is the Diamond Horse Shoe Revue...

http://www.city-data.com/fl-restaurants/DIAMOND-HORSESHOE.html

The first MW could stand for Monorail Way. I'll figure this one out.

EDIT - This has a Lake Buena Vista address. Magic Kingdom is in Bay Lake, not Lake Buena Vista. Lake Buena Vista has ANOTHER Monorail Way. Upper 3000s are related to Golden Oak... I'll nail this one!

From other permits I know Diamond Horseshoe's address is 4859 Caribbean Way. On sites like you found it's not uncommon for in-park addresses to be incorrect. Although Magic Kingdom is technically in Bay Lake, all the Magic Kingdom street addresses are Lake Buena Vista.

Based on the addresses we do know 1400 Monorail Way is somewhere in the Tomorrowland corner of the part.

msteel

From other permits I know Diamond Horseshoe's address is 4859 Caribbean Way. On sites like you found it's not uncommon for in-park addresses to be incorrect. Although Magic Kingdom is technically in Bay Lake, all the Magic Kingdom street addresses are Lake Buena Vista.

Based on the addresses we do know 1400 Monorail Way is somewhere in the Tomorrowland corner of the part.

Does anyone know how accurate the Orange County GIS is with its addresses? The dot it shows for 1400 Monorail way is outside the park - but there isn't really any building at that spot.

Tom

Beta Return
Does anyone know how accurate the Orange County GIS is with its addresses? The dot it shows for 1400 Monorail way is outside the park - but there isn't really any building at that spot.

Most of the wdw attraction addresses are pretty obscure. They don't really require street addresses except to facilitate in RCID emergency responses. So, Disney/RCID likely used best practices to internally assign them. The rest of the mapping systems also use national addressing standards to pin locations, rather than actual data. So, rarely do any maps line up when searching wdw locations. The permit gurus, and others, know many of them simply by grabbing them off of permits :)

PeterAlt

Were there any other petmits in the past for "interactive" elements, like this MWWM one? Also any other abbreviations ending in "WM"? The answers to these two question may provide some clues!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Were there any other petmits in the past for "interactive" elements, like this MWWM one? Also any other abbreviations ending in "WM"? The answers to these two question may provide some clues!

There was another one last year from the same contractor with the description "Experience Development - MER Interactive Electronic Equipment", for 1310 Magic Kingdom Dr. Again, I don't know this specific address but it's in, or near Storybook Circus.

msteel

There was another one last year from the same contractor with the description "Experience Development - MER Interactive Electronic Equipment", for 1310 Magic Kingdom Dr. Again, I don't know this specific address but it's in, or near Storybook Circus.

OK, what if MER is MERmaid - either interactive queue or M&G - are the addresses for those known?

Then, suppose MWWM has something to do with Mike Wazowski - either interactive elements to MILF holding pen, or a MW M&G? - considering this whole Monstrous Summer thing happening soon.

PeterAlt

OK, what if MER is MERmaid - either interactive queue or M&G - are the addresses for those known?

Then, suppose MWWM has something to do with Mike Wazowski - either interactive elements to MILF holding pen, or a MW M&G? - considering this whole Monstrous Summer thing happening soon.
I was on that line of thinking too.

Couple interesting permits today:

Not sure what this one is. I don't know that address, but the Speedway is 1254 and the new Dumbo is 1262. It's not Goffini and it's no Mad Tea Party. The contractor is Barton Malow who is the general contractor on the rest of the Fantasyland Expansion.
1256 Magic Kingdom Dr - MK Fantasyland Expansion - Site Development

Could this be the empty space between the speedway, train Tracks, Barnstormer and Space Mountian where they set up the Play Cards for Not so scary?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom