WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Is there any way dvcnut can post his pictures on the cruise site??? Most of us do not want to look at these pictures for WDW I really think this is the wrong place for them..Anyone agree?????

It's only annoying to the fact that I can't have any of that deliciousness unless I cruise. :ROFLOL:

Mrs. Jobson

Mickey Waffle from All-Star!
MickeyWaffle.jpg
[/IMG]

disneygirl1

That steak at Tony's was no joke. I was VERY happy with it.

John, you been to both Tony's and GF Cafe, I know they are 2 totally different styles, but what place's food did you like better? We have a ressie at GF Cafe, and now I really think I want to switch to Tony's if I can get a reservation. Thoughts?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
John, you been to both Tony's and GF Cafe, I know they are 2 totally different styles, but what place's food did you like better? We have a ressie at GF Cafe, and now I really think I want to switch to Tony's if I can get a reservation. Thoughts?

I would say they are equal. GF Cafe was a GREAT surprise. Not that we go somewhere thinking that places will be bad. It's just awesome when places are WAY better than you thought it would be.

Tom and I were discussing this on Gchat a short bit ago about reading reviews and what not...

Most of the reviews I read online, on this site, in books, magazines or whatever are total BS. Most people...I don't really know what the expect. Maybe because things are priced high people expect food to turn to gold once it enters their mouths? I don't know. All I know is that people seem to have his/her fav places to go and no matter what they defend those places. Then you have the idiots who like to bash those places and say ish like "Well when I was in Saudi Arabia I had a steak that would destroy the Filet at California Grill" Who cares?

It's theme park food. You should be glad the places are even tolerable to eat the food and yet so so many choices as well. People say things about 50's Prime Time and that the food is nothing to wrote home about....ITS FRIED CHICKEN AND MEAT LOAF for god's sake.

Haha nice rant eh?

All in all I would keep the GF Cafe ADR. It was very good. The other 3 people I ate with liked it as well and 2 of them wanted to eat there again last year. Tony's was really good. I did not care for the desserts but the meal made the plain ice cream I got worth it. Colleen had the seafood diavolo and she LOVED it as well. To be honest I would say skip Sci-Fi and eat at Tony's. You'll mis the theme of Sci-Fi but you can still go in and have a milkshake...:animwink:

MillerPoppins

See these were ALWAYS really good for me. And mainly the reason I defended this place. After the ribs in the photo you see...they were HORRIBLE. Along with EVERYTHING else. I explain it all in my food report if you care to read about it.

I'm STILL scarred from your review of Sci Fi and these ribs. That description will haunt me forever...

Matt and Kelly

Is there any way dvcnut can post his pictures on the cruise site??? Most of us do not want to look at these pictures for WDW I really think this is the wrong place for them..Anyone agree?????

Personally, I have no problem with the pics. They are labeled well enough for people to know they are from DLC so there shouldn't be any confusion or anything.

Then again, I don't view this thread as often as others so I may be in the minority here.

lebeau

Personally, I have no problem with the pics. They are labeled well enough for people to know they are from DLC so there shouldn't be any confusion or anything.

Then again, I don't view this thread as often as other so I may be in the minority here.

Add me to the list of folks who welcome the pictures.

disneygirl1

I would say they are equal. GF Cafe was a GREAT surprise. Not that we go somewhere thinking that places will be bad. It's just awesome when places are WAY better than you thought it would be.

Tom and I were discussing this on Gchat a short bit ago about reading reviews and what not...

Most of the reviews I read online, on this site, in books, magazines or whatever are total BS. Most people...I don't really know what the expect. Maybe because things are priced high people expect food to turn to gold once it enters their mouths? I don't know. All I know is that people seem to have his/her fav places to go and no matter what they defend those places. Then you have the idiots who like to bash those places and say ish like "Well when I was in Saudi Arabia I had a steak that would destroy the Filet at California Grill" Who cares?

It's theme park food. You should be glad the places are even tolerable to eat the food and yet so so many choices as well. People say things about 50's Prime Time and that the food is nothing to wrote home about....ITS FRIED CHICKEN AND MEAT LOAF for god's sake.

Haha nice rant eh?

All in all I would keep the GF Cafe ADR. It was very good. The other 3 people I ate with liked it as well and 2 of them wanted to eat there again last year. Tony's was really good. I did not care for the desserts but the meal made the plain ice cream I got worth it. Colleen had the seafood diavolo and she LOVED it as well. To be honest I would say skip Sci-Fi and eat at Tony's. You'll mis the theme of Sci-Fi but you can still go in and have a milkshake...:animwink:

John that might be the best rant I have read from you in a while! :lol: See this is why I ask you for Disney food advise... You tell it like it is! Oh believe me, I really do not want to eat at Sci-Fi, but that's the only place that Devon ever requests to eat at so I feel bad telling him no... Now that he's getting older I'm hoping he will get bored with the place and want to go somewhere else. I tried getting ressies at Tony's but all booked up the week we are there anyway. It will definitely me on my list of places to eat next trip. I love trying at least 1 or 2 new places everytime we go.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
John that might be the best rant I have read from you in a while! :lol: See this is why I ask you for Disney food advise... You tell it like it is! Oh believe me, I really do not want to eat at Sci-Fi, but that's the only place that Devon ever requests to eat at so I feel bad telling him no... Now that he's getting older I'm hoping he will get bored with the place and want to go somewhere else. I tried getting ressies at Tony's but all booked up the week we are there anyway. It will definitely me on my list of places to eat next trip. I love trying at least 1 or 2 new places everytime we go.

Yeah well then you HAVE to go...If that is the poor kids only request. Wait...who is paying again? Screw him! Do what you want. Just like he tagged along on the bill...he can tag along with YOUR plans! Haha :ROFLOL:

You will like the GF Cafe. Plus you can't beat eating in The GF!!!!!:wave:

MillerPoppins

You should eat there...then do what I said it tasted like and let us all know. We want video as well.

I have eaten there and did pop in last year even after your rousing review. I still won't look at it the same ever again. And after your run twenty miles, then I'll run mine...:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom