WDW Food Picture of the Day

jaime_1234

50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch! Onion rings appetizer, my fried chicken, and my mom's chicken sandwich. All were delicious!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
See that's where I'm funny. I didn't care for the "Moose" here. I usually just go for the Creme Brulee. But if that chocolate cake is on the menu, I may go for that. :D

And I have 13 ressies in August, so I'll help you out a bit with the pics soon! :lol:

Try the cake! You will enjoy it!

NadieMasK2

Request

Does anyone have any pics from Yakitori House? I don't recall seeing any (sorry didn't go back through the whole thread). We may be trying it for the first time in a few days.

Thanks! (and hopefully I'll have some more photos to contribute)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone have any pics from Yakitori House? I don't recall seeing any (sorry didn't go back through the whole thread). We may be trying it for the first time in a few days.

Thanks! (and hopefully I'll have some more photos to contribute)

Nothing from Yakitori house...Sorry!

sweetpee_1993

I've been there two times. The first time I was violently ill afterwards in 2006. In 2009 when we went I was not sick after, thankfully.

The food though was BONE dry both times. I tasted like when you grill food, then microwave it 2 days later. That is the kind of dry I'm talking about.

I don't usually look at the food pics but I'm searching for ideas for something I'm working on. Came across this post & wanted to share our experiences.

The first time we ate at Ohana for dinner was back in '06 (my in-laws & cousins were with us). That first time we ate there it was pretty tasty. I don't remember finding anything that I didn't like. Our next time or two we ate there we felt the meat was extremely dry & horrible. The steak medallions were waaaaay overcooked & tough for our taste. Such a waste. Then they did away with the potatoes that were so heavenly. What were they thinking? We had pretty well made up our minds that we wouldn't be going back because of the dryness of the meat. This past January my in-laws went with us to WDW again. Ohana was one of their few dinner requests for the trip so we humored them by going again. We had a 5:00 reservation which put us in the initial rounds of seating for the evening. I don't know if that made a difference or what but the meat was waaaaay better this time. Everything was moist, tender, and yummy. When the server(s) were attending us early in the meal we asked if the hubby & I could possibly get some steak cooked just medium which is exactly what we got. It was wonderful. Thank God the bread pudding with the bananas foster sauce remains the same. I could eat my weight in that stuff! LOL!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I don't usually look at the food pics but I'm searching for ideas for something I'm working on. Came across this post & wanted to share our experiences.

The first time we ate at Ohana for dinner was back in '06 (my in-laws & cousins were with us). That first time we ate there it was pretty tasty. I don't remember finding anything that I didn't like. Our next time or two we ate there we felt the meat was extremely dry & horrible. The steak medallions were waaaaay overcooked & tough for our taste. Such a waste. Then they did away with the potatoes that were so heavenly. What were they thinking? We had pretty well made up our minds that we wouldn't be going back because of the dryness of the meat. This past January my in-laws went with us to WDW again. Ohana was one of their few dinner requests for the trip so we humored them by going again. We had a 5:00 reservation which put us in the initial rounds of seating for the evening. I don't know if that made a difference or what but the meat was waaaaay better this time. Everything was moist, tender, and yummy. When the server(s) were attending us early in the meal we asked if the hubby & I could possibly get some steak cooked just medium which is exactly what we got. It was wonderful. Thank God the bread pudding with the bananas foster sauce remains the same. I could eat my weight in that stuff! LOL!

Yeah the dessert was MEAN! I could eat that all day as well. As for the rest of the food...I gave them another chance. If I went again I feel like I would be trying to force myself into liking the place.

sweetpee_1993

Yeah the dessert was MEAN! I could eat that all day as well. As for the rest of the food...I gave them another chance. If I went again I feel like I would be trying to force myself into liking the place.

True. Yesterday DH & I were discussing possibilities for his dad's surprise birthday dinner & 50's Prime Time came up. Dude, after the feathers pic from your trip I can't even wrap my brain around that place as a possibility. :ROFLOL: I'd go in, have a drink, & order desert....maybe. So, yeah, I totally understand once you get to a certain point you can't even force yourself to do something without it being unpleasant. :lol:

The Ohana trip this past January was great. Of the 6 in our party only 2 of us liked bread pudding. Father-in-law & I sat next to each other and split the big ol' dish that was served for 6. The rest of the fam just had little dishes of vanilla ice cream. Worked for me. It was painful but totally worth it. :slurp:

disneycouple07

Haha well we go during free dining and there are usually 4 of us so I make sure everyone takes pictures of everything. Of all the threads here this one should be the most popular! I'm just trying to keep it alive! I have 14 ADR's in Sept! So be prepared, or afraid!

What dining plan are you on?

mouselvrmom

Hmm, good point. We're trying it for the first time this trip and while we don't have 5:00 ressies, maybe we'll try to get there just a bit earlier to see if that makes any difference.

EvilQueen-T

sounds like they're taking into the mcdonalds method of cooking... make everything in the beginning of the evening and keep serving it until it's gone no matter how long it's been sitting under heat continuing to cook.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom