WDW Dooney & Bourke Bags

sweetpee_1993

The Harvey's bag I wanted was the baguette. It's small, the design was all black & white, and it had chunkier hardware. It's kinda small which was my biggest hesitation but oh well. Not meant to be I guess.

lpet11984

Original Poster
The barrel purse in the black pattern is adorable! Anyone with any idea on a price for that one? (If no one knows, I'll probably call merchandising and see if I can get the prices for all of them- if it gets to that, I'll be sure to post anything I dig up!)

lpet11984

Original Poster
I really hope they make a black wristlet or wallet soon. I don't have the money to justify buying one of the bags. Plus, I just sold 3 Dooney's on eBay so I am not looking to put more purses in my closet right now.

They do have a wristlet in the black pattern ($49)...I also read a rumor that there are wallets in the works, so we'll have to stay tuned for that!

At least it sounds like this line is successful enough to warrant rumors of expansion/continuation. I'm real glad that this wasn't one of those "3 months and done" merchandising lines- I would've missed out!

lpet11984

Original Poster
I thought the white bags were an older edition and the black bags are the newest?

The black patter is new- came out in December (or so I've gathered from my excited collection of information from the internet). The white pattern that is out now is also apparently a new generation, as the first generation of the white pattern had a yellow banner that says "Dooney & Bourke" on it, where as the new generation does not. There are also some other slight differences as well, such as the second generation also features Minnie Mouse.

lpet11984

Original Poster
Just called WDW merchadise and got some information...

Black Pattern
Large Tote: $220
Large Tassle Tote: $210
Barrel Bag: $180
Wristlet: $49

White Pattern
Large Tote: $225
Medium Tote: $190
Small Tassle Tote: $160

Apparently they are in stock right now at some stores in WDW, but they will not put them on hold due to demand. Fingers crossed that they're still there this weekend!

VT GAL

I have the white one in the large tote, and it is awesome!!! The inside has a pocket that fits a blackberry perfectly!

But now, I must buy the black one!!!!!

My poor husband...:ROFLOL:

DizneyPryncess

Just called WDW merchadise and got some information...

Black Pattern
Large Tote: $220
Large Tassle Tote: $210
Barrel Bag: $180

White Pattern
Large Tote: $225
Medium Tote: $190
Small Tassle Tote: $160

Apparently they are in stock right now at some stores in WDW, but they will not put them on hold due to demand. Fingers crossed that they're still there this weekend!

Thanks for the info!! I have my fingers crossed that they'll still be there in April!! I found some for sale online from users, but I want to pick out my pattern. The pictures are in different places on each bag. I'd like to get a wristlet with a clear Tink on it, and not just her feet or something. So I'm going to hold out until April. :D

disneygirl1

Could y'all image if Disney worked with Coach? Think of all your favorite designers/brands. Why not? I didn't see any in the parks but did you know Lucky Brand did a vintage Mickey and vintage Oswald shirts? I think they did the Pete ala Pete's Garage fame too. I got my hubby the Mickey and Oswald tees. This is exactly what Disney needs to be doing. Partner up with these popular brands. Heck yeah!

Oh Man! I couldn't even imagine! I have an obsession with Coach as it is! Factor in Disney and I'd go freaking broke! :ROFLOL:

marcriss

The new pattern is "supposed to" be coming the end of Feb or in March, but that's been delayed a couple of time already. The new one is supposed to be like the black pattern except that it will be off white with different shades of brown mickeys all over it. There's rumored to be a wallet and cross body bag in the next collection as well.

The original sketch pattern was apparently discontinued because of the D&B logo in the pattern. These have been available, along with the new "minnie version" and the black bags as recently as the middle of January, so make sure you look closely at the pattern. The Minnie pattern is also "whiter," the original is a little more off-white.

Bags can be ordered from Merchandising but they don't give the discount over the phone. They will backorder. The patterns on the sketch all vary, sometimes significantly. Ebay isn't a bad deal because of WDW shipping costs and not knowing what the pattern will be. Be careful with Ebay because some people are showing stock pics and not the actual bag.

One more note, the original sketch wristlet does not have a back pocket or the leather D&B label/tag on the outside. The pocket for me is key!

lpet11984

Original Poster
Just thought I'd update this for anyone interested-- the Disney Parks Blog has announced two new patterns that will be coming out later this week!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/02/a-dooney-bourke-special-event/

Dooney & Bourke Products at Tren-D
Hi everyone…we’re celebrating the launch of our latest Dooney & Bourke co-branded products at Tren-D in the Downtown Disney Marketplace this week.

dbb346169SMALL.jpg

dbp246439SMALL.jpg

Tren-D will debut the new Dooney & Bourke co-branded products, which showcase Disney’s most iconic characters, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, on some of Dooney & Bourke’s most popular silhouettes. These fashionable products highlight the essence of Disney with colorful art and the creative Disney touch.

Ian Ray, of Dooney & Bourke, will be at Tren-D on Friday, February 26, 2010, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for this special event debuting these exciting new products. Don’t miss the opportunity to meet Ian Ray! Ian will be handing out a complimentary Dooney & Bourke gift to guests who purchase $150 or more of the Dooney & Bourke co-branded products.

There are some official details you should know about:
The promotion period is February 26, 2010, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The promotion applies only to the Dooney & Bourke co-branded products . Qualifying purchase based on pre-tax, post discount single transaction amount of the Dooney & Bourke co-branded products. After purchase, guests will be directed to a separate line to receive the complimentary gift from Ian Ray. Proof of qualifying purchase required to receive complimentary gift. Offer not valid on previous purchases. Limit one complimentary gift per person. The complimentary gift must be returned in the event any of the retail items from the qualifying purchase are returned. Complimentary gift available while supplies last. The event, offer and any items described in the copy above are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.

If anyone happens to be down there to see what the new bags are and what the prices are, it'd be great to update the thread! :)

MissM

I finally saw the white and black styles last Thursday when we were there for Love's birthday. They had a full selection of them at Uptown Jewelers in MK. The thing I don't like about them is they're not leather. They're a plastic-y material much more like vinyl then a leather/faux leather. I really didn't like the feel of the material and it seemed kinda cheap to me.

I guess had they been leather they'd be more expensive but for the cost, I expect more then vinyl. *shrug* I'll stick with my Fossil bags. I like the idea but not the execution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom