WDW Dooney & Bourke Bags

lpet11984

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Did a search and couldn't find much information on here so I thought I'd start a thread...

Has anybody seen/heard about the new collection of DisneyWorld/ Dooney & Bourke bags that started selling just at the end of last year? I just found out about them today after surfing the internet a bit and I'm so intrigued!!! Apparently you can only get them at WDW, Disneyland, or through WDW merchandising... no presence of them at all on the D&B website. I really hope there are some in stock when I get down there at the end of this week! :sohappy: So far I've found evidence of a wristlet, tassle tote, and medium/large travel totes in a white/sketch pattern and a black Mickey silhouette pattern....

So has anyone seen them? Are they in abundance now that the Christmas season is done? Where did you find them? What are the retail prices on them? Any info or pictures would be very much appreciated!! :wave:

lilclerk

They're pretty cute. I've seen the white ones on eBay for around $50-$60 for the wristlet and the handbags going for $200-$220.

sweetpee_1993

I know the Disney Dooney's well. I have both designs (the cream w/colorful graffiti art & black w/multi-color Mickey silhouettes). Hubby got me both bags w/matching wristlets for Christmas. Mine came from eBay and, yes, about $20 over retail. If you go to eBay you can search "Disney Dooney" and you should turn them up. We also were at WDW Jan. 8-17 and I did see both in several locations. Off the top of my head, I know I saw them at WoRld of Disney near the fine jewelry and in the shop on Main Street on the right just past Art of Disney where they have all the watches, Lenox figurines, etc. I knew we were going to WDW just after the holidays but I, too, was concerned they wouldn't be there. Last year when I saw the Harvey's seatbelt bags with the Mickey comic strip design I wanted it so bad but balked at the price. I'm never impulsive when it comes to my bags. When I finally decided I would add one to my wardrobe they were sold out. I'm still kicking myself on that one. So when I saw the Dooneys I didn't have to think on it too long. Hubby wanted Christmas gift ideas and I didn't want to miss again. Oh! And the cream one has "Disneyland" in the print. I think these are both being marketed on both coasts.

To the Disney Gods: thank you! Please keep this calibur of merchandise coming!

sweetpee_1993

Could y'all image if Disney worked with Coach? Think of all your favorite designers/brands. Why not? I didn't see any in the parks but did you know Lucky Brand did a vintage Mickey and vintage Oswald shirts? I think they did the Pete ala Pete's Garage fame too. I got my hubby the Mickey and Oswald tees. This is exactly what Disney needs to be doing. Partner up with these popular brands. Heck yeah!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Colleen got 2 of them. She got a white small one with Tinkerbell on it and I got her a bigger black one with rainbow Mickeys all over it for Xmas...They are both really nice.

lpet11984

Original Poster
Could y'all image if Disney worked with Coach? Think of all your favorite designers/brands. Why not? I didn't see any in the parks but did you know Lucky Brand did a vintage Mickey and vintage Oswald shirts? I think they did the Pete ala Pete's Garage fame too. I got my hubby the Mickey and Oswald tees. This is exactly what Disney needs to be doing. Partner up with these popular brands. Heck yeah!

You're absolutely right- to have Disney partner up with these great brands is just fabulous. It's one of the reasons I can't wait to look for the Disney/D&B bags, because I've wanted a D&B for a long time and now that they have this, I'm officially sold. It would be fabulous!

Thanks for all the information so far- keep it coming! Hopefully someone who's been down recently might have sighted them???

marypoppins68

I have the large tote with the black Mickey's on it. I bought it just after New Year's Day. It retails for $220 but I was able to use my AP discount on it. I got a 20% discount, so after tax it came to $187.44. I get lots of compliments on it wherever I go.

I got mine at Tren D. I LOVE that store. They had Betsy Johnson bags in there before Christmas too.

lpet11984

Original Poster
^ Great sources of information! Thanks so much, MissM and marrypoppins68!

(I LOVE Tren-D too. My absolute favorite, must-do store on every visit!)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Found them...

828974.jpg

dbblk1.jpg

xtina72

The stores that currently carry the Dooney & Bourke designs are:
Downtown Disney Marketplace –
World of Disney​
TrenD​
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort –
Summer Lace​
The Magic Kingdom -
Uptown Jewelers​
Disney’s Hollywood Studios –
Sunset Couture

Prices have gone up – the Medium Cindy Tote size is now $190.

newdb.jpg

DB1.jpg

dbblk9-251x300.jpg

Crazy4WDW1

I wish Lesportsac would partner up with Disney. They had an Alice in Wonderland bag in 2007 that sold out. I've even emailed them begging that they make a Disney World type print. Can you imagine . . . the four park icons on a bag . . . yes! Maybe if some of these higher end companies see how great these bags are selling a few more will jump on board.

I did see that the Harvey's seat belt bag messenger style is being sold on the Disney shopping site. I may have to get that!

xtina72

Im not a fan of D & B....now Louis Vuitton...ohhhh I am an addict!

Now, If they got together, It would be heaven for me!!!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I really hope they make a black wristlet or wallet soon. I don't have the money to justify buying one of the bags. Plus, I just sold 3 Dooney's on eBay so I am not looking to put more purses in my closet right now.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

I would be in BIG trouble if that ever happened. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom