Shuqun Secondary School
Standing Quad Stretch
Skill Qualification Score
Systems Qualification Specification
Separable Quantum State
Sales, Quality and Service
Service Quality System
Software Quality Standard
Software Quality Systems (software quality and testing)
Sediment Quality Standards
Single Queueing Station
Simple Queue Service

Close

Show Quality Standards

dave&di

We went to ride it first thing yesterday and it was down, we were told to get FPs, but even by 11am it was a no go, the boats were going down but there was no water with them.

We will be back tonight, fingers crossed.

CrazyDisneyLady

Everything I see today shows it is up and running with a low wait time. I can't say for sure because I am not there. I will be in 6 days and I hope it is open as that is my DH favorite ride

Mr_Incredible

We went to ride it first thing yesterday and it was down, we were told to get FPs, but even by 11am it was a no go, the boats were going down but there was no water with them.

We will be back tonight, fingers crossed.
Yes please let us know if its running, fingers crossed for you!!

meekoman

He probably doesn't even know there is a problem.
Every attraction manager knows exactly what is not operating properly in that attraction. Priorities are set, wish lists are made, given to their supervisors, which are passed farther up the ladder where the list is instantly lost.

dave&di

Splash was up when I visited tonight, although there were technical problems just before the laughing place when the log goes up. Our log plus the one in front stopped for a few minutes and an announcement was made to remain seated, after that point there was a constant back log (no pun intended). All logs were back to back.

gamblepsu

Good news! Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!!!!
:D

It is popular becaust of the ride system not the story. Keep the ride system and give it a great story and it will be just as popular if not moreso.
Completely Wrong... as long as people still know the song and know the words (and I know my 3 Year old and a lot of kids he plays with do) , the story is solid as it puts a picture to the song. Retheming it to the 'flavor' of the week wouldn't help it at all. Now of course it does fit better in DL's Critter Country... but the only reason Critter Country is there is because of the ride.

The ride system is a simple flume ride...If it's about the 'ride system' Dudley Doo Right Falls should be immensely more popular than splash mountain...Heck, the Coal Cracker at my Local Hershey Park is nearly as good if you stripped all the themeing out. But neither one is even close to the complete ride Splash is. (let alone top 5 in each respective park)

jt04

:D

Completely Wrong... as long as people still know the song and know the words (and I know my 3 Year old and a lot of kids he plays with do) , the story is solid as it puts a picture to the song. Retheming it to the 'flavor' of the week wouldn't help it at all. Now of course it does fit better in DL's Critter Country... but the only reason Critter Country is there is because of the ride.

I did not say the ride needs "help". I said the story is antiquated and not relavent to the ride's success. People are drawn to the ride system. What I am saying is that a properly imagineered story would be just as popular and wait times would be just as lengthy.

However, the difference would be that if the new story was based on a popular franchise (from past, present or planned) it could move merchandise and therefore justify any upgrade to the attraction. A popular enough franchise would make the ride even more popular than it is today.

And I notice you do not address the fact that the theme is really a stretch for that section of FL. FL is supposed to be set in the west not the south. It is a theming contradiction that should be fixed.

And there are many other reasons the theme should go. Keeping it based on a song Disney could use somewhere else is not enough reason to keep the current configuration. IMO.

psukardi

Speaking of the ride and it's theme and the story; anyone know where I can get a copy of "Song of The South" on DVD or Blu Ray.

It's almost like Disney refuses to even acknowledge the existence of the movie. Yet they have no problem pulling out tons of it for the ride.

jt04

Speaking of the ride and it's theme and the story; anyone know where I can get a copy of "Song of The South" on DVD or Blu Ray.

It's almost like Disney refuses to even acknowledge the existence of the movie. Yet they have no problem pulling out tons of it for the ride.

I think you can get it on Ebay (imported). Personally I think they should release it as I do not believe in censorship. Give the profit to charity if necessary.

And at the same news conference where they announce the release of the film they could also announce they are reimagining all the Splash Mountains with a new franchise.

We might have to wait for a new CEO though. Iger shuns anything too controversial.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom