Water pipe break behind Splash

jt04

Since when is Pirates upkept?

Changing Splash is an unnecessary expense.

If it moves plush it is worth every cent.

Pirates is rumored to be getting some adds and of course all that new stuff going in the queue. I am confident PotC will be getting a HM type refurb sooner rather than later. They have to finish at least phase 1 of the FLE first though. IMO.

GLaDOS

If it moves plush it is worth every cent.

Pirates is rumored to be getting some adds and of course all that new stuff going in the queue. I am confident PotC will be getting a HM type refurb sooner rather than later. They have to finish at least phase 1 of the FLE first though. IMO.

Just like last refurb that left the ride full of 70s era sound tech and safety precautions that came back to bite them in the butt?

And if that's the case, then Jungle Cruise is crap outta luck again, as that ride continues to deteriorate. And Splash. And Peter Pan's Flight. And Space Mountain.

I can go on and on.

This "waiting" needs to stop all over the Orlando property. They've "waited" long enough, and it shows.

jt04

Huh? PotC Orlando is in pretty bad shape. With no plans to give it a massive refurb.

And that's one of the biggest modern stories they have.

So no change for PotC? That suprises me seeing as though it and JC remain as the last two attractions that have not received attention recently. Have they given up after HM/LS/MSUSA/TTTTTR/BTMRR/CBJ/SM plus the addition of the FLE, refurbed Dumbo, reimagined Barnstormer, refurbed castle, refurbed tree house, refurbed Sunshine Terrace, refurbed shooting gallery and Nextgen queues for Pooh, Mansion, and the new MSUSA m&gs and the new princess m&gs and the new MK interactive games? All that and suddenly no more?

Hmmmm. That seems a bit suprising.:confused:

WDW97

Does anyone know why there hasn't been barely any and sometimes no water going down the big drop? The last time I went was in June and there was none, it just doesn't look as so lively as it use to....

MerlinTheGoat

Even if POTC was given some attention, it wouldn't come close to any of the other versions unless they literally rebuilt parts of the ride layout and expanded it to include all the scenes from Anaheim and Paris. So it would still end up being the worst version of the ride on earth, Haunted Mansion wasn't physically underbuilt in comparison to its version in the west like POTC was, they didn't have to fundamentally alter the physical ride to plus it like they would with POTC. Building POTC in WDW the way they originally did was a huge mistake IMO.

It is popular becaust of the ride system not the story. Keep the ride system and give it a great story and it will be just as popular if not moreso.

And while they are at it they can fill it with modern tech that is actually maintainable.

A great story for modern audiences will also move merchandise so the attraction can actually finance its own upkeep. See POTC.
Disagree. The ride system is one of the things, but people love the scenes and characters. I was certainly captivated by it as a child and it's still a favorite of mine to this day, despite growing up and not having seen the movie originally when I first rode it. It's a very charming ride overall with lots of lovely scenes and fun characters. It's also one of the few cloned rides that when 100% show-ready is far better than its CA counterpart.

I'm for new attractions, but they should again be added and not replaced (unless the original ride sucks which Splash does not). I still think if they built a WRE today and went all out on it, it would be beloved by many fans. From what you said about "fill it with modern tech that is actually maintainable", it sounds like you'd just like to see an attraction that uses a minimal amount of scenery and animatronics. If that's what you're referring to, i'd heartily disagree that this is the direction Disney should be going. To me, you can't beat POTC-esque rides filled with amazing sets and animatronic figures. It's a reason I miss the old Epcot so much too.

meekoman

Huh? PotC Orlando is in pretty bad shape. With no plans to give it a massive refurb.

And that's one of the biggest modern stories they have.
In June, it went down several times. We got evac'd off one night, which was cool seeing the backstage of the ride and the MK.

Goofnut1980

One can only bet, with the BTM refurb complete and FLE soon to open. Once that is officially open, they will most likely take it down for a while. Its the last mountain for a good scrubbing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom