Wand Removal Day: FIVE w/ pictures from in the park and from the monorail

cm1988

When making the magic gets old, power trippin' can be a fun alternative.

Or a (probably) new cast member was being slightly paranoid.

As long as a person is standing on pavement - not up on a bench or otherwise a safety concern - it should be legal to hold a camera over your head (and therefore above the edge of a wall) and take pictures. It seems no less legal for the cast member to protest this, but they aren't paid to annoy guests, one would assume.

How else will we get the ladder shots we so desperately need?

Krozar

Yah some of them are that way. Especially if new and young. I have worked so many jobs in the past and older than most CPs that I am more laid back. But seriously, watching people take pictures outside a store I work at? That's being a bit of a control freak.

I would have probably asked the OP if he wanted me to take the picture with him in it :ROFLOL:

"Ahh, I see you're a wand hater? Me too! DEATH TO THE WAND."
I stay in character and play the part. If watching the wand be dismantled is what makes the magic for a guest, then I am there to assist in the guest's magical experience. If I work at Epcot, and Epcot is dismantling the wand, then we are all playing the part of wand destroyers!

*starts to feel warm and fuzzy inside*
Damn, I love my job.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster

As long as a person is standing on pavement - not up on a bench or otherwise a safety concern - it should be legal to hold a camera over your head (and therefore above the edge of a wall) and take pictures. It seems no less legal for the cast member to protest this, but they aren't paid to annoy guests, one would assume.

Actually that shot was taken from about eye level from inside Gateway gifts...:lookaroun

mitros

"The monorail is now approaching Disney's Blue Ribbon Park. On your left, you'll see Mickey's Magical World of Future Profits. Once home to Epcot, this land celebrates the spirit of human innovation stifled by pin stands and DVC kiosks. To the left of our forward motion, you will see World Test Market, with representations of the countries the Disney Corporation must inflitrate with profit making half parks... I mean... infuse with the magical worlds of Disney characters and magical experiences. As part of the Year of a Million Marketing Distractions, we hope you take the chance to purchase pretty blue ears that will draw all your memories of Epcot away. We are now approaching the BRP monorail station. Please remain seated until the monorail comes to a complete stop. Take small children by the hand and buy DVC points! I mean... Have a blue ribbon magical day."

Funny, but sad... real sad.............And true! that's the sad part.

teebin

Is there a ladder up the wand or will they need one of those cage things hanging from the crane to remove those pieces?

uklad79

By today I would think that the letters have all gone and some of the blue ribbon. I am surprised they don't have a second team removing the stars from SSE. With this in mind I would think that they will work on it in this order
blue ribbon
the star on the wand
the hand panels
then the wand pole
then the frame work
and last of all the stars on SSE which will take the longest due to wiring, the accessibility of them and then the patching up after they are removed.

That said I could be totally wrong.

EPCOT Explorer

"The monorail is now approaching Disney's Blue Ribbon Park. On your left, you'll see Mickey's Magical World of Future Profits. Once home to Epcot, this land celebrates the spirit of human innovation stifled by pin stands and DVC kiosks. To the left of our forward motion, you will see World Test Market, with representations of the countries the Disney Corporation must inflitrate with profit making half parks... I mean... infuse with the magical worlds of Disney characters and magical experiences. As part of the Year of a Million Marketing Distractions, we hope you take the chance to purchase pretty blue ears that will draw all your memories of Epcot away. We are now approaching the BRP monorail station. Please remain seated until the monorail comes to a complete stop. Take small children by the hand and buy DVC points! I mean... Have a blue ribbon magical day."
Is that sarcasm I smell?

LOL

Glad to see the Demo is going on pretty quickly.:)

Cmdr_Crimson

What, no day 6 photos?! The suns been up for a few hours.

Eh give them some time. Were bound to see something come Mid-afternoon. We all know us fans want to hit a ride or two. Not just drive in, pay to park, get in, take the pics and leave...That's just silly:lol:

JWG

Eh give them some time. Were bound to see something come Mid-afternoon. We all know us fans want to hit a ride or two. Not just drive in, pay to park, get in, take the pics and leave...That's just silly:lol:

What, no blackberry carrying Disney freaks out there?! ;) Someone with an iPhone?

(I saw my first actual in use and activated iPhone at the airport this last Wednesday. They're neat, but man does the service cost need to come down and I can't believe Apple agreed to be solely on AT&T, that either will change or you can bet a competitive product will hit Verizon and Sprint soon)

ToTBellHop

Picture from Day 6--apparently the remodel is a bit more than we thought:

epcotspaceshipearthconstr3.jpg

Spyne

Yeah, soon enough we'll have Darth Vader making appearances at Epcot as well and not just the Studios. :lol:

But in all seriousness, give people time to get pictures. But my prediction is that the E on the entrance side will be gone and some of the blue ribbon will be gone as well.

Here's the most recent webcam shot, it appears that some of the ribbon on the park facing side is gone:
071420071245_l.jpg

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
And for a bit of memories...this was taken June 2000.

Yes - Everyone sing along now...

"Memories - Nothing more than, Memories...."
:hurl: :p :ROFLOL:
Epcot_2000.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom