Wand Removal Day: FIVE w/ pictures from in the park and from the monorail

They back supports may be welded on to the frame between the panels or could even just be bolted to the framing.

Yah, the black spots are definately new since the removal has began. Like Merf said, it looks alot like slag fallout from the cutting torches.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Eww, fallout. Anywho, they did something last night, as the webcam shows little spots of light showing up above SSE.
are you going to get any pics from today merf?

^ Nice close up pics. It looks like the stars on the Geo are fastened from behind the Alucobond pannels (there was some debate over this) and fit through the drainage slots - they should come down quickly with an absailer and a partner behind the pannels to unfasten them. Unless they can be unfastened from the outside.

BTW, the pannels in these pics don`t seem to have the same black marks as found earlier. These look more like damaged / peeling top coats, much like above the old Legacy Kiosk.
so do they replace the whole panel?

BTW, nice new avatar. :D

Figment82

I just drove by and it looks like the E and one half of the ribbon still remain on the entrance side - the half of the ribbon on the end opposite the E has been removed. Not sure about the park side, but I'll be over there later and will take pics if no one else is able.

jmvd20

I doubt that is damage from molten metal due to cutting the wand pieces, it is not directly underneath the lettering. Due to that it would be very difficult for cutting debris to land on that section of SSE.

JonnyK

Looks like theres a "Hand Shaped Cloud" getting ready to slap that wand down.. :lookaroun

SSE.jpg

The black spots on the spheres look interesting, is it gonna be hard for them to remove it/fix it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom