Wand Removal Day: FIVE w/ pictures from in the park and from the monorail

MinnieMommy

Thanks for the great pics! My kids only remember SE with the wand, so they were a little upset at first. But, today we watched a "Boy Meets World" where they went to Epcot. My 10 year old said, "So that's the wandless Spaceship Earth? I say Hooray for wandless!" Yes, even my children are Epcot purists! :ROFLOL:

Epcot82Guy

Wow! The park will be nameless tomorrow!

"The monorail is now approaching Disney's Blue Ribbon Park. On your left, you'll see Mickey's Magical World of Future Profits. Once home to Epcot, this land celebrates the spirit of human innovation stifled by pin stands and DVC kiosks. To the left of our forward motion, you will see World Test Market, with representations of the countries the Disney Corporation must inflitrate with profit making half parks... I mean... infuse with the magical worlds of Disney characters and magical experiences. As part of the Year of a Million Marketing Distractions, we hope you take the chance to purchase pretty blue ears that will draw all your memories of Epcot away. We are now approaching the BRP monorail station. Please remain seated until the monorail comes to a complete stop. Take small children by the hand and buy DVC points! I mean... Have a blue ribbon magical day."

Enigma

Account Suspended
Is it my imagination or does the ball look bigger now without the letters?

SSE looks larger and more impressive in the third pic with the family under the Siemens lounge.

Enigma

Account Suspended
And as I was taking this picture, the CM from Gateway Gifts said that I couldn't because "It was a picture of construction." (Which dosen't matter because it is all clearly visible from the monorail where you can take all the pictures you want:

I kindly said 'Ok, Thank You' and proceeded to check progress on SSE

They cannot stop you from taking pictures. That cast member was ill informed or on a power trip. A few years ago when doing photo updates at Disneyland started to become a big thing there were a few CM's and secuirty guards who would ask people what they wre doing (this was right after 9/11) and it was later resolved that you can take photos as long as your not trespassing or going backstage where your not supposed to.

If they bother you again complain to guest services or ask to see a manager. Disney fans are aloud to take photos of construction sites.

If you need any other help on the issue contact Darkbeer (he posts on Micechat and Laughingplace among other disney sites)

jasondiff

Is it my imagination or does the wand look bigger now without the letters?

SSE looks larger and more impressive in the third pic with the family under the Siemens lounge.

Haha they are taking the metal from the letters and making the wand itself bigger!!! Recycle!

I think the SSE looking bigger is a perspective thing, the photo is taken from the monorail so it's out of perspective with what we are accustomed to seeing, which is people on your level with SSE in the background.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Haha they are taking the metal from the letters and making the wand itself bigger!!! Recycle!

I think the SSE looking bigger is a perspective thing, the photo is taken from the monorail so it's out of perspective with what we are accustomed to seeing, which is people on your level with SSE in the background.

oops I meant to say the SSE Sphere

"The monorail is now approaching Disney's Blue Ribbon Park. On your left, you'll see Mickey's Magical World of Future Profits. Once home to Epcot, this land celebrates the spirit of human innovation stifled by pin stands and DVC kiosks. To the left of our forward motion, you will see World Test Market, with representations of the countries the Disney Corporation must inflitrate with profit making half parks... I mean... infuse with the magical worlds of Disney characters and magical experiences. As part of the Year of a Million Marketing Distractions, we hope you take the chance to purchase pretty blue ears that will draw all your memories of Epcot away. We are now approaching the BRP monorail station. Please remain seated until the monorail comes to a complete stop. Take small children by the hand and buy DVC points! I mean... Have a blue ribbon magical day."

hahahahahahaha you spent like forever on this didnt you? you should tottaly write the spiels for the monorail

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
They cannot stop you from taking pictures. That cast member was ill informed or on a power trip. A few years ago when doing photo updates at Disneyland started to become a big thing there were a few CM's and security guards who would ask people what they were doing (this was right after 9/11) and it was later resolved that you can take photos as long as your not trespassing or going backstage where your not supposed to.

If they bother you again complain to guest services or ask to see a manager. Disney fans are aloud to take photos of construction sites.

If you need any other help on the issue contact Darkbeer (he posts on Micechat and Laughingplace among other disney sites)

Thanks, I know that I could have taken all the pictures that I wanted because I was in fully in a guest area...I was done taking pictures for the day anyway. I was polite and just moved on, and I wanted to I would have gone back after she rotated to her next assignment.

the-reason14

Yea, I propose there will be even more progress done next week during my 2 week visit and then even more progress on my 2nd week. I cant wait to see SSE in its original splender on one of my future trips. :D

Just a few hours until I leave for WDW :sohappy: :D :sohappy:

Pirate665

Sadly, no. And I don't know if that's good or bad. :lol:

And now, in the grand tradition, in SPANISH:

"el monocarril ahora está acercando al parque de la cinta azul de Disney. En su izquierda, usted verá el mundo mágico de Mickey de los beneficios futuros. Una vez a casa a Epcot, esta tierra celebra el alcohol de la innovación humana sofocado por el perno soportes y los quioscos de DVC. A la izquierda de nuestro movimiento delantero, usted verá el mercado de prueba del mundo, con las representaciones de los países que debe el Disney Corporation inflitrate con el beneficio que hace medios parques... Significo que... infunda con los mundos mágicos de los caracteres de Disney y de las experiencias mágicas. Como parte del año de millón de distracciones de la comercialización, le esperamos toma la ocasión de comprar los oídos azules bonitos que dibujarán todas sus memorias de Epcot lejos. Ahora estamos acercando a la estación del monocarril de BRP. Siga por favor asentado hasta que el monocarril viene a una parada completa. ¡Tome a niños pequeños por la mano y compre puntos de DVC! Significo... Tenga un día mágico de la cinta azul."

>Steve

Krozar

And as I was taking this picture, the CM from Gateway Gifts said that I couldn't because "It was a picture of construction." (Which dosen't matter because it is all clearly visible from the monorail where you can take all the pictures you want:

When making the magic gets old, power trippin' can be a fun alternative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom