News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

DCBaker

Premium Member
Oga's Cantina has been added back to the list reopening on July 15th. Reservations are only open for guests who can make dining reservations currently.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 11.47.53 AM.png

note2001

Theres been some clips of places using what is essentially a leaf blower with a canister of vapourized disinfectant attached to rapidly clean areas. I'd imagine (hope) something along those lines would be used as it wouldn't really affect operation, you just blast a car when people get off, leave that one empty, load the next one and then do the opposite at the next station to give it time to clear the fog.

I wouldn't count on Disney implementing this. My guess is Disney won't be cleaning the buses after every run, nor the monorails and they'll be carrying more people per unit than the skyliner cabins.

The most we'll see is nightly cleaning of the cabins and hand sanitizer stations in the queue.

TrainsOfDisney

Why can’t they do the temperature check along with the security check? You now have to wait in 3 lines to get into the physical park.

It’s also quite concerning how few lanes they have available for temperature screening...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wouldn't count on Disney implementing this. My guess is Disney won't be cleaning the buses after every run, nor the monorails and they'll be carrying more people per unit than the skyliner cabins.

The most we'll see is nightly cleaning of the cabins and hand sanitizer stations in the queue.
The onus is very much on the guest to a) be clean b) not have the virus c) keep their hands to themselves as much as possible and d) look after their own hygiene.

disneygeek90

Why can’t they do the temperature check along with the security check? You now have to wait in 3 lines to get into the physical park.

It’s also quite concerning how few lanes they have available for temperature screening...
Universal has like 4 total temp lanes, for both parks combined. I can’t speak to how it is at rope drop but early afternoon arrivals haven’t been an issue.

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah it’s right before the right turn leading into security from the garage. They’re only operating the “left” garage as far as I can tell. I’ve walked right up to them every single time, it’s basically been a non issue.

That’s good. Maybe it’s enough then.

I wonder if all of the screening is at the parks? Meaning you can ride busses and monorails with a fever but you can’t enter a park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom