News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

BromBones

Oga's Cantina was pretty good.
I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so crowded. They cram it full of people so tightly that you really can't really admire the layout and design. You can't take everything in.
In addition it is far too noisy. I don't mind crowd noise, but Disney has the robot DJ (voiced by Pee Wee Herman) and the bartenders periodically yelling things and the machine breaking down every 20 minutes or so.
There is just too much going on and it comes across as they are trying too hard.

I mean it's fun, but I would have enjoyed it more if they would just scale back some of the sideshow theatrics.

The drinks I had were good. I didn't have anything alcoholic because I don't drink but the non-alcoholic drinks were pretty tasty overall.

Service was on point. Our server had our orders filled quickly and accurately and checked on us regularly but wasn't annoying.
He was tipped quite well.

My biggest issue is with the chaos in the bar and not being able to sit anywhere. Disney should limit how many people are allowed in, which I am sure they are going to do now with the Covid....but after this all blows over (in 122 days)...I hope they don't go back to it being too crowded. I would have enjoyed it more.

carolina_yankee

The onus is very much on the guest to a) be clean b) not have the virus c) keep their hands to themselves as much as possible and d) look after their own hygiene.
I cannot say that fills me with confidence. :p

But the guest can also easily protect themselves. In an open environment like that, sanitizing your hands before and after and not running your hands over the seats and poles and then picking your nose should be sufficient. Sorry for being graphic. 😊

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
But the guest can also easily protect themselves. In an open environment like that, sanitizing your hands before and after and not running your hands over the seats and poles and then picking your nose should be sufficient. Sorry for being graphic. 😊
Dang. I only do those things on my vacation 😞

Mainahman

The tents make me wonder if Disney is using thermal cameras for the parks as opposed to the individual temp checks used at Springs. The setup looks very similar to Shanghai where they use thermal cameras.
Took my nephew to Hooters the other day for lunch, and they temp check people before you can sit to eat. First time doing it, and it was pretty slick. Although with Disney's volume, wonder how those guns would hold up.

Lilofan

Took my nephew to Hooters the other day for lunch, and they temp check people before you can sit to eat. First time doing it, and it was pretty slick. Although with Disney's volume, wonder how those guns would hold up.
The Hooters in Lake Buena Vista near Disney Springs is great. I just can't picture the Hooter girls wearing masks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s great to see that live entertainment will still be part of the park experience. This is such an important part of the atmosphere and I was worried it wouldn’t return. We now know 3 of the parks will have live music when they reopen.

Sad that DHS has cut all the live music acts anyways over the years unless the toy story drummers were still around?
I agree. It’s always a shame to see that stuff go. It’s partially the guest’s fault I guess. The theme park commando attitude of DHS and AK are half day parks results in guests running from headliner to headliner and then leaving without stopping to enjoy all that the parks have to offer. It amazes me to see how many people don’t really appreciate the parks for anything more than the top layer of the onion.

peter11435

I should clarify; I do understand they are mandatory but can you wear one or the other? Are either/or acceptable? Has this been outlined?
Masks are mandatory. A shield does not qualify as a mask. They have outlined that here:

All face coverings should:

• Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable

lewisc

I should clarify; I do understand they are mandatory but can you wear one or the other? Are either/or acceptable? Has this been outlined?
MASKS ARE REQUIRED. A face shield is not an acceptable alternative. No clarification was necessary. Your question was clear as was the answer posted by PP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom