News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

TrainsOfDisney

I agree. It’s always a shame to see that stuff go. It’s partially the guest’s fault I guess. The theme park commando attitude of DHS and AK are half day parks results in guests running from headliner to headliner and then leaving without stopping to enjoy all that the parks have to offer. It amazes me to see how many people don’t really appreciate the parks for anything more than the top layer of the onion.

People always stop and watch the entertainment so I’m not blaming the customer.

DAK has a pretty good amount of live entertainment though. The acrobats and live music in Africa, the Bali dancers in India, the steel drum band, the harp player, the drummers in pandora. Compare that to dhs.... no live music at all. Just the few citizens of Hollywood that are left.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1593917761965.png

Rich Brownn

It seems like this option is fairly strictly regulated. In several trips the past few weeks I’ve only seen one person wearing a shield.
It's supposed to be if you say you can't wear a mask, that's required. So if people are walking around without either they basically came in with a mask and took it off.

Gringrinngghost

Interesting. Universal's policy is if you can't wear a mask for some reason Face Shields are required for admission.
Its a double sided sword.

Firstly, Universal has been for months 3D Printing face shields for the Emergency Services.

Secondly, It's only changed when the cases really started spiking and Orange County's Department of Health stating that they are going from scheduled inspections to random inspections. Universal's playing no games here, because they can get shut down at a moments notice. As well as recently, Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings in a recent covid update telling people, if they feel unsafe at work, they can report it to the county and state to inform them to look into it.

He is as quoted as saying: I would encourage is for our citizens who may feel that something is occurring in a business work setting that shouldn't be occurring is to provide that information to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, provide that information to the Florida Department of Health, provide that information to your local governments. We all have different regulatory authorities over businesses and we will take appropriate action during that period of time. Do I believe that a business should shut down if they reach a certain appeal of having a positive employees? There's probably something to be said there that a business should make the appropriate decision but it depends on the size and the scope of the business, the type of business that they're engaged in and they'll have to make a corporate decision. If I were a business owner, I would keep in mind that in terms of general liability for the safety and security of your employees and your patrons. There's something to be said about taking appropriate action as opposed to burying your head in the sand and not paying attention to the safety of others I expect our businesses to put people over profit.

Walt d

About right...and in-line with the concerns I believe Disney already had.

Not rushing into anything.

The mask requirement is the big issue now. Enjoy bastille day in Epcot with a mask in a 115 heat undex.

I’m curious to see what demand will be?
Yes could be a lot of heat stroke. Due to the mask and breathing through the mask more.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I don't think there is anything really new or unexpected here, but does confirm that parking lot trams will not be running

"In addition, parking lot tram service will not be available from the Guest parking lot to the main entrance of the theme park."

Lilofan

I don't think there is anything really new or unexpected here, but does confirm that parking lot trams will not be running

"In addition, parking lot tram service will not be available from the Guest parking lot to the main entrance of the theme park."

I can't see trams running during limited park hours and very low attendance either.

Goofnut1980

I love seeing the flyover pictures of the parks with them empty. If you look close enough you can see the 6ft markers for where to stand.. Bet the Imagineers never thought this day would come that their designs would have big "stand here" stickers in them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Yes no trams.

Here is the full rundown of all the transportation options

BigThunderMatt

Yes could be a lot of heat stroke. Due to the mask and breathing through the mask more.

There are plenty of high quality mask options out there that provide ample ventilation for air flow and still protect yourself and others from COVID-19. If you can afford a Disney vacation in this economy, you can afford a couple of these higher quality masks. Full stop.

milordsloth

There are plenty of high quality mask options out there that provide ample ventilation for air flow and still protect yourself and others from COVID-19. If you can afford a Disney vacation in this economy, you can afford a couple of these higher quality masks. Full stop.

Any recommendation for the masks you're talking about? I've been trying to find good options.

Mainahman

Amen! We bought from like 5 different sellers on Etsy, and did our first test in swampy Tennessee hot and humid weather today. After the first few minutes I forgot it was even there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom