News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

sjhym333

I wonder if these petition signers are at home isolating or are they going to bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, nightclubs, beaches, protests etc. Just a thought.
Or like my friend got it from his roommate, an essential worker.
A month from now they can blame it on tourists in theme parks.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think there's around 5,000 DVC rooms and campground sites, so between 10,000 and 20,000 people in Disney resorts, tops.

That assumes 100% occupancy. Based on my current stay at Bay Lake Tower, I think we're well under 20% capacity right now. If you told me we were under 10% capacity, I'd believe that too.

For what it's worth, I walked over to Grand Flo last night after dinner at Kona. I was the only person in the lobby.
The B Resort, Wyndham Garden DS, and Four Seasons will all be open and have on site reservation privileges as well. Unclear about the other 5 DS resorts and SoG.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes. The overall forecast for capacity is probably the best of the bunch but still far lower than usual.

Having only been on the Skyliner a handful of times, I'm curious to know what "normal capacity" is vs. what will be considered "normal capacity" upon reopening.

We're kicking around a possible early August stay or a stay leading up to Christmas. The fact that there is availability the week of Christmas is absolutely mind-boggling.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Can't really blame CM's for not wanting to go back. Given the rise in cases WDW is going to be a hotspot. Still baffles me that people are actually clammering to book a vacation there next month at full price for a fraction of the experience.
Not that I'm advocating for people to rush to WDW, but IMO, it seems many people feel WDW is no less safe than going to the grocery store or Wal Mart, especially considering that they will be checking temperatures, requiring masks and limiting capacity, which is a safety feature that local supermarkets and box stores don't offer.

Take a few minutes when you're at the grocery store and watch how many people touch multiple items and put them back, then adjust their mask and touch their face and continue to shop. There are no employees sanitizing ANYTHING besides shopping carts, and to be fair, what would be the point since many people will be touching the same items shortly after. Not to mention that your are within inches of people constantly.

Again, not advocating for people to rush to WDW. We have DVC and could easily book a few days at a resort for the re-opening (there's plenty of availability still). As much as we'd love to visit, we're not in any rush. But at least at WDW with limited attendance and constant sanitization of handrails, tables, ride vehicles , etc and outdoor spaces with plenty of room to distance yourself, and they will be checking/testing CM's (another thing box stores aren't doing), youre chances of contracting the virus are much lower.

In short, (and I'm honestly asking of others opinions); is visiting WDW for a few days any more dangerous than going to the grocery store for a few days in a row?

Ben_since_1971

In short, (and I'm honestly asking of others opinions); is visiting WDW for a few days any more dangerous than going to the grocery store for a few days in a row?
I say no. If you can limit the amount of time you spend in close proximity with others, and take proper precautiona when you do, then it is no more dangerous than a trip to the store. Disney is doing their part with no shows or parades or activities where people spend a lot of time cheek by jowl. Sure, Haunted Mansion poses some unique problems, but I am sure Disney is doing what they can to mitigate risk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom